Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2020, 16:12   #3811
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have been using Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card for more than a decade now, mainly because of easy redemption of reward points to fuel at designated Indian Oil outlets. They have changed their reward points redemption process sometime back and I am facing trouble to redeem reward points to fuel. I have currently 851.69 reward points available. I have been told by Citibank customer support that I will need to swipe equivalent amount at a designated Indian Oil outlet to get reward redemption SMS. Last week I have swiped the credit card for exact amount as my available reward points, but still did not receive the reward redemption SMS. Anyone else facing the problem?

Last edited by airbus : 19th September 2020 at 16:13.
Old 19th September 2020, 16:58   #3812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I have been using Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card for more than a decade now, mainly because of easy redemption of reward points to fuel at designated Indian Oil outlets. They have changed their reward points redemption process sometime back and I am facing trouble to redeem reward points to fuel. I have currently 851.69 reward points available. I have been told by Citibank customer support that I will need to swipe equivalent amount at a designated Indian Oil outlet to get reward redemption SMS. Last week I have swiped the credit card for exact amount as my available reward points, but still did not receive the reward redemption SMS. Anyone else facing the problem?
I am using the same card and after the introduction of new system it has become convenient to redeem points. I think you should try with an amount of Rs.100. I get the message instantly from Citi Bank about the redemption, if applicable.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 17:59   #3813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
I think you should try with an amount of Rs.100. I get the message instantly from Citi Bank about the redemption, if applicable.
Citibank got certain conditions to redeem rewards points. Please find below:
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-cb.png  

Last edited by airbus : 19th September 2020 at 18:03.
airbus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 18:28   #3814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Citibank got certain conditions to redeem rewards points. Please find below:
Okay, may be you can then try the lowest amount I.e. 250.

I had around 2000 points in my Citi card and I refuelled for Rs.600. I got the message instantly for redemption.

Last edited by sahil624 : 19th September 2020 at 18:32. Reason: Addition
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 19:26   #3815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
HDFC Infinia
Would you know if HDFC Regalia is a good card to hold on to?
Old 19th September 2020, 21:52   #3816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Would you know if HDFC Regalia is a good card to hold on to?
Regalia is a decent card. Make sure it is Lifetime Free though. It is not worth the 2500 Rs fee that HDFC indicates. As such this card is now very very easily available as Lifetime free. The bank may require you to have an account with them though for a lifetime free Regalia
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 22:46   #3817
BHPian

Am glad to have found this thread. So am new here, to TBHP and India, and need a credit card but have no credit history/score. I have a savings account with ICICI and they said the only way for me to get one is to apply against an FD. I guess I’ll go that route but I thought I will post here in case y’all had any inputs on a strategy to follow in terms of building credit and/or the card products themself. I will be using the card for everyday expenses and online purchases, so any decent card (that doesn’t come with annual fees) should do. TIA.
Old 21st September 2020, 08:33   #3818
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcruiser08 View Post
Am glad to have found this thread. So am new here, to TBHP and India, and need a credit card but have no credit history/score. I have a savings account with ICICI and they said the only way for me to get one is to apply against an FD. I guess I'll go that route but I thought I will post here in case y'all had any inputs on a strategy to follow in terms of building credit and/or the card products themself. I will be using t card for everyday expenses and online purchases, so any decent card (that doesn't come with annual fees) should do. TIA.
Is that a salary account? If so, may be after 2 - 3 months + an IT returns, you'll get one. But I guess you have not paid tax or filed income returns so far.
You should ask our Income Tax queries thread about advisability of filing a returns for 2019 -2020 financial year showing appropriate income (nil, or agricultural income - if you have land owned by you - and anyway showing nil taxable income in India. This can help the staff justify the risk.

Alternatively, try Amazon's ICICI card or Flipkart's Axis Bank card. ;-D. I however guess limits still will be an issue in initial months.

Regarding fees - I'm not sure of 1st year fees, but renewal fees are waived if you spend at least ₹ 1,50,000 or more in previous year on certain cards. (Please check on your app / site.)

Now I have a query - my ICICI card is due for renewal, and am planning on the expressions card, coz you can choose a photo to appear on it. No other reason. Can anybody else using this card share your experiences with this card?
Old 21st September 2020, 10:52   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Is that a salary account? If so, may be after 2 - 3 months + an IT returns, you'll get one. But I guess you have not paid tax or filed income returns so far.
You should ask our Income Tax queries thread about advisability of filing a returns for 2019 -2020 financial year showing appropriate income (nil, or agricultural income - if you have land owned by you - and anyway showing nil taxable income in India. This can help the staff justify the risk.

Alternatively, try Amazon's ICICI card or Flipkart's Axis Bank card. ;-D. I however guess limits still will be an issue in initial months.

Regarding fees - I'm not sure of 1st year fees, but renewal fees are waived if you spend at least ₹ 1,50,000 or more in previous year on certain cards. (Please check on your app / site.)
No, not a salary account. I don’t have a job and I don’t have any income, either overseas or in India. I have also never filed tax returns in India. I do however have agricultural land and going forward my occupation will be full time farmer.

ICICI said the credit limit on the secured card will be 85% of the FD amount (minimum 6 months duration). They said within 3-4 months I should have some credit history and that we should be able to then apply for the Amazon branded card with them.
Old 23rd September 2020, 11:05   #3820
BHPian

I've read thru few of the pages and posts recommending ICICI amazon pay, SBI, HDFC & Std Chartered for those who are interested particularly in cash back.

Options are too many and tough to narrow down. My spend will be 3L+ per year, usual shopping etc. For Amazon, I already have the ICICI Amazon card, so that's taken care of. I am looking for another that offers similar cashback features. Basis your experience if you could recommend a couple of options that'll be great. Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2020, 12:50   #3821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I've read thru few of the pages and posts recommending ICICI amazon pay, SBI, HDFC & Std Chartered for those who are interested particularly in cash back.

Options are too many and tough to narrow down. My spend will be 3L+ per year, usual shopping etc. For Amazon, I already have the ICICI Amazon card, so that's taken care of. I am looking for another that offers similar cashback features. Basis your experience if you could recommend a couple of options that'll be great. Thanks.
Why do you need another card? is it the credit limit? Unless you make big ticket purchases, say 1L or more most cards have a decent credit limit.
Old 24th September 2020, 09:50   #3822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Why do you need another card? is it the credit limit? Unless you make big ticket purchases, say 1L or more most cards have a decent credit limit.
It's always good to have a backup. Std Chartered stands out, might go with that one.
Old 24th September 2020, 10:11   #3823
PVS
BHPian

I wanted to sign up for a RuPay Credit Card. What has been the experience of members here on holding a RuPay Debit/Credit Card? And which bank would you advise to approach, in order to get a RuPay Card. Of course you do have a policy bazaar page on Rupay cards but i was more interested to hear from the members' experience here.
Thanks!
Old 27th September 2020, 01:27   #3824
Senior - BHPian

What is a good Visa Card these days? Citibank changed my card from Visa to MasterCard during renewal and I do not have any Visa in my portfolio.

Currently I hold Regalia, Amex Gold and Citi Cashback cards.

Last edited by Jaguar : 27th September 2020 at 01:28.
Old 27th September 2020, 11:58   #3825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What is a good Visa Card these days? Citibank changed my card from Visa to MasterCard during renewal and I do not have any Visa in my portfolio.

Currently I hold Regalia, Amex Gold and Citi Cashback cards.
If you have a bank account with ICICI, get their lifetime free Platinum Card.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks