Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2020, 11:33   #3796
UMe
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hi BHPians,
I am holding Yes Bank first preferred Credit Card. I noticed that the bank has drastically reduced the credit limit on my card, despite of paying on time and having a SB account with them.
I am not really sure if it is to do with bank's internal issues. Has anybody faced such down grade of credit limit? I hope it should not affect my credit rating.
Old 23rd August 2020, 14:46   #3797
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
I am not really sure if it is to do with bank's internal issues. Has anybody faced such down grade of credit limit? I hope it should not affect my credit rating.
Several people have noticed their credit line reduced during the lockdown (regardless of proper payment history); banks have done so, perhaps to reduce exposure (in case people default). I'd imagine it'll affect your credit score only if your credit utilization % is really high. % utilization has a low impact on the score, so I don't think there's a lot to worry. If you're within touching distance of the reduced limit, you can ask the bank to increase it / get a new credit card so your % utilization reduces.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 16:50   #3798
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,
I am holding Yes Bank first preferred Credit Card. I noticed that the bank has drastically reduced the credit limit on my card, despite of paying on time and having a SB account with them.
Has to be because of the bank's issues, because HDFC offered me a credit limit increase a couple of days ago.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 19:11   #3799
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,
Did you not receive any advance intimation with respect to this reduction with the reason?

IIRC such changes require at least 30 days advance notice. If not provided, check with your BM / RM on the reason.

Just imagine the possibilities due to decline of transactions without prior intimation.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:39   #3800
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Did you not receive any advance intimation with respect to this reduction with the reason?
I did not receive any prior information and no valid reasons were provided by the customer support executive. They mentioned that as per the credit card policy/agreement the credit limit can be reduced without prior intimation (I really don't remember the terms & conditions during signing up with them. Let me see if I can get any information on such conditions)

Quote:
IIRC such changes require at least 30 days advance notice. If not provided, check with your BM / RM on the reason.
Thanks. I have written to the relationship manager for the reason.

Quote:
Just imagine the possibilities due to decline of transactions without prior intimation.
Although credit card usage has been used less for the last couple of months as I have been using other contactless payments too, like UPI.
This is indeed a reason why bank should have given a prior intimation.

Last edited by UMe : 23rd August 2020 at 23:07.
Old 5th September 2020, 11:12   #3801
BHPian

Stumbled on this offer from American Express. 1 year membership of Calm Premium + 50% off subsequent year.
Note: Offer is available only vis the following landing page. https://www.calm.com/americanexpressglobal

Source:https://livefromalounge.com/amex-calm-app
whitewing is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 12:30   #3802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Stumbled on this offer from American Express. 1 year membership of Calm Premium + 50% off subsequent year.
Note: Offer is available only vis the following landing page. https://www.calm.com/americanexpressglobal

Source:https://livefromalounge.com/amex-calm-app
Thanks for sharing this. Just registered successfully using my Amex MRCC.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 03:19   #3803
BHPian

Hello Dear Bhians,

I am currently based out of Chennai & I am in the lookout for a credit card that has the best Airport Lounge Access both- dometic and international benefits.

I am being offered the AMEX Platinum Reserve but its high joining fees of Rs.5,000 plus taxes, Rs. 10,000 plus taxes annual fee and the restriction on lounge benefits for the add-on card is putting me off.

Request all for their highly-valued suggestions on the best Credit Card options for myself.
Old 6th September 2020, 08:30   #3804
Senior - BHPian

I closed my CRED account yesterday. Two reasons, I had been using two credit cards for many years now, one Amex and the other was a Citibank Indian oil card. I closed the Citibank card since the limit was very low and it made no sense to have two cards, the only issue is the acceptability of Amex in many outlets, but I guess I will have to use debit card wherever thats an issue. So with just having one card and also targeting to keep monthly spends under check, it made no sense to keep one more account like CRED. And the so called rewards or offers in CRED are quite useless if you ask me. Most products are unknown and command a premium, it did not seem like I would ever use any of these products or services.
motorworks is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 10:49   #3805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
And the so called rewards or offers in CRED are quite useless if you ask me. Most products are unknown and command a premium, it did not seem like I would ever use any of these products or services.
Exactly, CRED was launched with huge fan fare by being the only non banking app to pay your credit card bills and in turn providing you with cash back and redeemable rewards,GREAT IDEA!. Almost a year and a half since use, I have been receiving a maximum amount of 7-8 Rs per bill payment, I don't know if it varies on the bill amount and the rewards seems like they are just for the HNI individuals, which makes no sense to me at all.

I am just there for the UX
Old 7th September 2020, 18:23   #3806
BHPian

Quote:
I closed my CRED account yesterday.
Do you mind sharing what is the process to close the CRED Account? And does it guarantee deletion of data from their servers?

Quote:
And the so called rewards or offers in CRED are quite useless if you ask me. Most products are unknown and command a premium, it did not seem like I would ever use any of these products or services.
+1
And cashbacks are far and few in between. Time to reduce!
Old 7th September 2020, 21:13   #3807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
Hello Dear Bhians,

I am currently based out of Chennai & I am in the lookout for a credit card that has the best Airport Lounge Access both- dometic and international benefits.

I am being offered the AMEX Platinum Reserve but its high joining fees of Rs.5,000 plus taxes, Rs. 10,000 plus taxes annual fee and the restriction on lounge benefits for the add-on card is putting me off.

Request all for their highly-valued suggestions on the best Credit Card options for myself.
HDFC Infinia
HDFC DCB
Standard Chartered Ultimate
Yes First Exclusive

Some of the few cards which have unlimited lounge access.
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 21:16   #3808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Do you mind sharing what is the process to close the CRED Account? And does it guarantee deletion of data from their servers?

+1

And cashbacks are far and few in between. Time to reduce!

I reached out to their customer care thru a chat link from the app and asked them to close the account.

Apparently the credit card info does not get deleted, and rather stays in their records, they claim its safe and encrypted, but you never know!

I think the whole value proposition of CRED was its so called exclusivity and nothing else. Product offerings are pathetic to say the least! I mean you have customers whom CRED supposedly approves basis credit ratings and then you offer them some coffee powder and nuts? And that too at a premium? The whole CRED cash back on these products is a pure eyewash, you can easily see thru the value!
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 22:46   #3809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
HDFC Infinia
HDFC DCB
Standard Chartered Ultimate
Yes First Exclusive

Some of the few cards which have unlimited lounge access.
Thank You Tejas. I will go through these cards.
Old 8th September 2020, 12:39   #3810
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the reward points seem worthless now, small cash backs are the only reason to still keep this app.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks