Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2019, 04:51   #3046
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Thanks for the feedback. I realized you can also use your NRE savings account debit card in India. I maintain a limited amount in that and can easily fund it from my US bank. Is Mastercard more widely accepted compared to Visa.
Old 17th January 2019, 13:10   #3047
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Is Mastercard more widely accepted compared to Visa.
No difference in India; no one will check for it. AmEx has limited acceptability.
Old 31st January 2019, 10:52   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Is Mastercard more widely accepted compared to Visa.
I saw this thing when my Regalia Visa got rejected at Mumbai T2 Loyalty lounge .

A few months back it was accepted but now they seem to have turned down on Visa cards and are asking for MasterCard specifically.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 8th February 2019, 16:41   #3049
BHPian

Any recommendation on Diners Club Black based on their current offers?

Wife has an Amex Platinum Travel that we use mostly to get the Taj vouchers but thinking to get another card for me. We don't visit lounges, the card is used to avail rewards and cashback
Old 16th February 2019, 22:20   #3050
Distinguished - BHPian

Which credit card gives more benefits for fuel expense usage?

I see a SBI BPCL card and Citi bank IOC card. Any other better options?
Old 16th February 2019, 22:45   #3051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Which credit card gives more benefits for fuel expense usage?

I see a SBI BPCL card and Citi bank IOC card. Any other better options?
SCB Super Value Titanium.

You get additional cashback for Fuel/Utilities apart from surcharge reversal. Can be used in any bunk and not tied to any brand.
Old 17th February 2019, 01:46   #3052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
I saw this thing when my Regalia Visa got rejected at Mumbai T2 Loyalty lounge .

A few months back it was accepted but now they seem to have turned down on Visa cards and are asking for MasterCard specifically.

Cheers,
Amey
Same here. A signature Credit card and a Premium Debit card, both Visa, that I have used a few times in the past got declined this time.

Didn't strike me to watch if those managing to get past were MasterCard holders.
Old 19th February 2019, 08:38   #3053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

You get additional cashback for Fuel/Utilities apart from surcharge reversal. Can be used in any bunk and not tied to any brand.

Thanks DRIV3R for this information! Yes, the advantage that I see is this can be used in any bunk. But there is a limit of Rs.200 per month.
Old 19th February 2019, 08:52   #3054
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks DRIV3R for this information! Yes, the advantage that I see is this can be used in any bunk. But there is a limit of Rs.200 per month.
Been using this card for close to two years now. The thing is, the min. transaction amount for the cashback on telephone is 750/- and my bill is generally 500ish so that hasn't been useful. But yes, I use it for fuel.

Also, yearly transactions have to be at least 60k; else there's a 7.5k yearly membership feel.
Old 19th February 2019, 09:24   #3055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Also, yearly transactions have to be at least 60k; else there's a 7.5k yearly membership feel.
The yearly fee is Rs. 750 and not 7.5K. Plus if you have good Net Relationship Value with SCB, you can get this card as Life Time Free (I have it LTF).
Old 21st February 2019, 13:42   #3056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Been using this card for close to two years now. The thing is, the min. transaction amount for the cashback on telephone is 750/- and my bill is generally 500ish so that hasn't been useful. But yes, I use it for fuel.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

I also have the SCB Super Value Titanium Card and can vouch for it. Pretty handy card but use it only for Fuel and Bill Payments for Cashback. On other purchases, the Reward Points is pretty low on this. As stated earlier, the Annual Fee is 750, which is also waived on spending 60k in a year.

I have been using this Card for 10 months till now and have accumulated close to 4000 Rs. Cashback. i get 200 Cashback per month for filling Fuel at Shell Pump and 200 Cashback for loading Mobikwik Wallet, for paying Bills and other stuff. They also have some or the other Promotions running frequently.
Old 21st February 2019, 17:45   #3057
Oxy
BHPian

Got the Amex Platinum Travel Card today with zero joining fee for the first year offer. I am a once in a year flyer/holidayer so maybe I can make use of the benefits/vouchers at that time.

Anyone holding this card? How useful do you find it to be?
Old 22nd February 2019, 01:49   #3058
BHPian

I use ICICI Coral Visa Platinum card with NFC. I am not too much into credit cards but the only reason i took this one was that it provides Buy 1 Get 1 free on movie tickets twice a month through bookmyshow.
Old 22nd February 2019, 15:03   #3059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Anyone holding this card? How useful do you find it to be?
Congrats, rake up the 400,000 spending asap and enjoy your mini vacation. One tip - if the vendor doesn't accept Amex, add money to your Paytm account using Amex and pay via Paytm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranabegins View Post
Buy 1 Get 1 free on movie tickets twice a month through bookmyshow.
This offer is quota based. You'll have to book at midnight to get this offer. I've never been able to avail it even if I tried at 8am in the morning. The process is quite opaque too. I didn't like it.
Old 22nd February 2019, 15:17   #3060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Any recommendation on Diners Club Black based on their current offers?
I managed to upgrade to Diners black last month. The 10X rewards is just amazing if you are able to buy through hdfc smart buy. The 10X reward is applicable till 31 March which, many say may be extended as it has happened in the past.

Also, you get unlimited lounge access across the world (participating airport lounges). Their reach is not as good as Priority Pass but not bad either.

Few days ago they had an issue with their booking website so their concierge service promptly called me for any assistance I may need to book tickets which was nice.

The reward rate is pretty good and as per the catalog, it is at par with the HDFC Infinia card.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks