Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2019, 14:52   #3181
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
I reckon the card has to be in the customer's name that is availing the service. So in this case, you and your wife can swipe your respective cards but you need to pay for your daughter.
Not an issue. Generally lounges don't bother much
Old 20th May 2019, 15:14   #3182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Not an issue. Generally lounges don't bother much
Thanks. That's a relief.
Old 20th May 2019, 23:13   #3183
BHPian

I have never used airport lounge privilege. I have Visa Signature card. How do I use complimentary lounge access? Do I just show the card at entry? What things are free and what are chargeable in the lounge? Sorry for the really noob question.
Old 21st May 2019, 07:43   #3184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I have never used airport lounge privilege. I have Visa Signature card. How do I use complimentary lounge access? Do I just show the card at entry? What things are free and what are chargeable in the lounge? Sorry for the really noob question.

Just show your card at the lounge entrance and ask them if you can access that particular lounge with that card. Some lounges only are accessible to Visa Signature card holders. If it is then they will swipe the card / ask you to enter your pin and charge you 1-2 rupees and you can use the lounge. Inside the lounge the food and beverages (non alcoholic) are generally free. They almost always charge for alcoholic beverages.
Old 21st May 2019, 08:47   #3185
MSC
BHPian

Are these complementary lounge visits really free of charge?
I am yet to avail of the lounge benefit on my HDFC Regalia, but in most of offers it's written in fine letters that any lounge visit will be charged $27 plus taxes which roughly translates into 2100 in INR.
If this $27 plus taxes charges are applied, how does lounge visit remain complementary?
Old 21st May 2019, 08:50   #3186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
I am yet to avail of the lounge benefit on my HDFC Regalia, but in most of offers it's written in fine letters that any lounge visit will be charged $27 plus taxes which roughly translates into 2100 in INR.
If this $27 plus taxes charges are applied, how does lounge visit remain complementary?
So how it works is, that HDFC will bear the cost of such visits so essentially they will be free for you based on your card's quota. Regalia has 3 per quarter in domestic and 3 per year international lounge visits complimentary as far as I recall.

So you just walk up to the affiliated lounge, present your card, it gets swiped, you enter the pin, and a nominal amount is debited and then credit back to you (25/-). HDFC bears the actual lounge cost if you are within the allocated quota, if not then you pay $27 !

Last edited by drive2eternity : 21st May 2019 at 08:59.
Old 21st May 2019, 09:14   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post

If you use the Priority pass that comes along with Regalia, that is chargeable at $27 per visit domestically. While internationally you would have 2 or 3 visits per quarter free of cost.

Regalia also supports the Visa/Mastercard lounge program, hence those visits are not chargeable for 12 visits/year. So in domestic lounges, you only need to use your Regalia card for lounge access, where as internationally you may use the Priority Pass.

Hope that clarifies
Old 21st May 2019, 09:41   #3188
Senior - BHPian

I have a HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card (Visa Signature) but they did not send Priority Pass card.

Do I need to call them and ask for it? Is it chargeable?
Old 21st May 2019, 09:46   #3189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I have a HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card (Visa Signature) but they did not send Priority Pass card.

They may have forgotten to send it or there may be some prelim conditions for you to get it like - swipe your Regalia First card for 5000/- in 90 days and get priority pass. In either case, better get in touch with them and ask for it. Also, it is NOT chargeable.
Old 21st May 2019, 09:57   #3190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

You need to specifically request for the Priority Pass card on their website, else they will not offer by default.
Old 21st May 2019, 09:59   #3191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
You need to specifically request for the Priority Pass card on their website, else they will not offer by default.
I never requested for it. They sent Regalia First card after my HDFC Allmiles card expired in December 2018.
Old 21st May 2019, 10:07   #3192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I have a HDFC credit card and this month, I forgot all about the bill pay and made a late payment. They put in a late fee and a finance charge totaling up to about 3k. Has anyone had any luck with getting this fee and finance charges reversed?
I had an SI fail due to some typo error last month. After clearing the full outstanding I raised a request and they obliged in the next statement. Has happened few times and most often if we have paid the past six months bills on time they heed to the request of reversal. But they do not reverse the GST.
Old 21st May 2019, 10:21   #3193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
In either case, better get in touch with them and ask for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Thanks. I found HDFC Bank Priority Pass Application Form online and filled it.

https://leads.hdfcbank.com/applicati...rity_Pass.aspx
Old 21st May 2019, 11:42   #3194
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Credit card lounge programme is administered by MC /Visa. Check the MC and Visa website for the list of affiliated lounges. AFAIK, VISa has only 5 affiliated domestic lounges in India. Where as MC has more.

Access to domestic lounges is through MC/Visa/Diners

PP is only for international lounges.

In case Diners, there is no PP, the diners card itself works

PP use for domestic lounges is chargeable, except in specific cases as decided by issuing bank.( for ex, HDFC infinia card holders can use PP in domestic lounges without any charges)

Last edited by rkg : 21st May 2019 at 11:44.
Old 21st May 2019, 18:45   #3195
MSC
BHPian

A query.
Suppose I have 3 visits per quarter as complementary from Regalia card. Can I take my wife & kid along with me and mark all three of us in one go? I mean, is the accompanied person also eligible for free entry ( as long as I am in free visit quota ) .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks