Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2019, 10:41   #3301
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Guys,

I have a 830+ cibil score, good credit history, but still HDFC has declined to provide me the Regalia card (even though I meet their eligibility criteria mentioned on their site). What could be the reason?

Also, is there any other good credit card which provides good travel benefits?
Old 25th September 2019, 11:33   #3302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Guys,

I have a 830+ cibil score, good credit history, but still HDFC has declined to provide me the Regalia card (even though I meet their eligibility criteria mentioned on their site). What could be the reason?

Also, is there any other good credit card which provides good travel benefits?
That's HDFC way of selling credit cards. Crazy bunch of approvers. I had the same issue. Had to open a bank account and apply through the branch to get the card. Surprisingly, when applied through bank they gave me a handsome Credit Limit. Also, 9 months later I even got the card upgraded to Diner's Club Black.
Old 25th September 2019, 14:44   #3303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
That's HDFC way of selling credit cards. Crazy bunch of approvers. I had the same issue. Had to open a bank account and apply through the branch to get the card. Surprisingly, when applied through bank they gave me a handsome Credit Limit. Also, 9 months later I even got the card upgraded to Diner's Club Black.
Okay!

In that case, I should give their branch a visit soon!
Old 28th September 2019, 10:51   #3304
Senior - BHPian

I used my Priority pass (HDFC Regalia First) at an international airport in June for me and my wife (1+1).

Yesterday, HDFC charged Rs.1944.54 (PPLoungeFee 23062019 0+1).

Is it normal or should I contact HDFC customer care?

I was under impression that I can use it 1+1 at the same time out of my three complementary PP lounge access.
Old 28th September 2019, 10:57   #3305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I was under impression that I can use it 1+1 at the same time out of my three complementary PP lounge access.
The +1 really depends on the person swiping the card. I've used +1 on a card twice, and not been charged. I don't think it is designed to consider two visits if 1+1 go in.

Send HDFC a nice email; they might just reverse the charges as a one-time gesture.
Old 28th September 2019, 10:58   #3306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Send HDFC a nice email; they might just reverse the charges as a one-time gesture.
Thanks. Will do that.
Old 28th September 2019, 11:10   #3307
BHPian

Guests are charged $25 per person. Depends on the lounge person if he had allowed to swipe twice and use 2 of your allowance then it wouldn't have charged.
Old 28th September 2019, 16:01   #3308
Senior - BHPian

The Credit Card Thread

Got a mail from Citi and staring that certain purchases will be excluded from rewards program.
Full list here:
https://www.online.citibank.co.in/po...ds-Program.pdf
Old 28th September 2019, 17:48   #3309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Got a mail from Citi and staring that certain purchases will be excluded from rewards program.
Full list here:
https://www.online.citibank.co.in/po...ds-Program.pdf
This means that expenses incurred on transportation and tolls, utilities, insurance, educational and government institutions will be excluded from rewards program.
That's a clever way of reducing the burden from the program.
Old 31st October 2019, 11:30   #3310
BHPian

Has anybody used their Diners Club/ Infinia card to purchase on Amazon Business account? Just wondering if it will allow 10x reward points on those purchases too. The smartBUY page does redirect to the Business account.
Old 3rd November 2019, 07:39   #3311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Has anybody used their Diners Club/ Infinia card to purchase on Amazon Business account? Just wondering if it will allow 10x reward points on those purchases too. The smartBUY page does redirect to the Business account.
Based on the t&C of the infina card, the 10x is for the purchases originated out of the smartbuy page. Can't see why this would be disallowed for a business account.
Old 29th November 2019, 21:26   #3312
BHPian

I'll be traveling to Brussels, Munich and Vienna in December. How can I check which lounges in each of these cities are covered by my cards? (Amex plat travel & HDFC Diners Club Black)

Also, is it advisable to swipe my Diners Club Card while traveling abroad? Do they still provide 10x rewards?
Old 30th November 2019, 12:48   #3313
BHPian

Quote:
I'll be traveling to Brussels, Munich and Vienna in December. How can I check which lounges in each of these cities are covered by my cards? (Amex plat travel & HDFC Diners Club Black)

Also, is it advisable to swipe my Diners Club Card while traveling abroad? Do they still provide 10x rewards?
Here's the website where you can search for Diners lounges : https://www.dinersclub.com/clubmembers/airport-lounges

As a Diners black holder, you get all visits complimentary for the primary card holder as well as any supplementary card holders.

The current international promotion is for 5x rewards for spends/swipes abroad, and thats valid till November 30 only. No news on if it will be extended or not.
Old 2nd December 2019, 18:45   #3314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
Here's the website where you can search for Diners lounges : https://www.dinersclub.com/clubmembers/airport-lounges

As a Diners black holder, you get all visits complimentary for the primary card holder as well as any supplementary card holders.

The current international promotion is for 5x rewards for spends/swipes abroad, and thats valid till November 30 only. No news on if it will be extended or not.
Thanks a lot. Any idea on the Fx markup for swiping the DCB on an international POS?
Old 2nd December 2019, 18:50   #3315
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Any idea on the Fx markup for swiping the DCB on an international POS?
The FX markup on DCB is 2% + GST.

If you are going to use the DCB for many int'l spends, I recommend signing up for HDFC's Global Value scheme.

You pay Rs. 199/- as annual fee. In return, you get the following:

1. Welcome / Renewal Benefit - 500 Bonus Reward Points on 1st International transaction. This feature is available once in a year.

2. Cashback Benefit - 1% Cashback on all International transactions (upto Rs. 1,000/- per statement cycle).

3. Milestone Benefit – Get Rs. 2,000/- worth Yatra voucher once you accumulate International spends of Rs. 1,50,000/- in a year. This feature is available once in a year.

If one works out the math correctly, you can come out ahead on the 500 reward points itself. The 1% cashback then makes the FX markup as 1% effectively.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks