Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
1,925,726 views Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2019, 06:59   #3226
Senior - BHPian
 
speedmiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,319
Thanked: 6,179 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
My HDFC All Miles got upgraded to Regalia a couple of months ago. Now, I am getting an SMS asking me to Switch on new Credit feature on my new card along with a link to know more. Any idea what this new credit feature is? Even though I am getting the SMS from the same number from which I get the card swipe and OTP alerts, I am wary of clicking on the link provided.


PS: "HDFC New credit feature" is too generic of a term for google to bring up anything relavant.
That is the option of taking a loan on your credit limit of your card without affecting it's credit limit. You will see this option in the netbanking.
Not worth it.
speedmiester is online now  
Old 29th May 2019, 08:05   #3227
BHPian
 
drive2eternity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 410
Thanked: 1,760 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Now, I am getting an SMS asking me to Switch on new Credit feature on my new card along with a link to know more. Any idea what this new credit feature is?

PS: "HDFC New credit feature" is too generic of a term for google to bring up anything relavant.
I have a Regalia card and frequently get such promotional messages from HDFC. If you read the entire message, it shows the path where its asking you to navigate to. The link isn't phishing, it will re-direct you to the HDFC Netbanking Login page. I checked my messages and the last promotional message with 'new credit card feature' turned out to be an Insta-Jumbo Loan which essentially is just personal loan. At times, such promotional messages carry other offers like Increase Credit Card limit, Upgrade Card, Redeem points for greater benefits etc.

In the below attachment, you can see the path CARDS>TRANSACT>INSTA JUMBO

The Credit Card Thread-screenshot_20190529080130__01__01.jpg
drive2eternity is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 09:51   #3228
Senior - BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,176
Thanked: 2,408 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
That is the option of taking a loan on your credit limit of your card without affecting it's credit limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
If you read the entire message, it shows the path where its asking you to navigate to. The link isn't phishing, it will re-direct you to the HDFC Netbanking Login page.

Thanks speedmeister and drive2eternity. So it is cheeky marketing and not phishing.
Jaguar is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 11:48   #3229
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,559
Thanked: 2,653 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
This is what exactly I did and the link that I had shared in my earlier post is after I entered the details.
When I am in this page (where HDFC SmartBUY Offer is selected) and try to search for any product or even when i click wishlist, that option goes off!
Has anyone used this option? If so, request you to send the steps to avail this offer.
Most of the time on AMAZON, there is a minimum billing before the offer can be availed. I had faced similar problems with AMAZON, and then went through fine print - a minimum of Rs.4,000 (at that time) was required to avail the offer. If the minimum criteria is not satisfied, most sites will grey out the option.

There is this also

Important Note:
10X Reward points on HDFC Bank Credit Card / 10% cashback on HDFC Bank Debit card offer is only on items added to cart on Amazon immediately after landing from the HDFC Bank Smartbuy. The offer will NOT be applicable on items that were already in the user's cart (added during a previous session) but need to be added post landing from the HDFC Bank Smartbuy platform only.


So it is best to first decide what you want, and then start afresh once you avail the Smart Buy

Last edited by Aroy : 29th May 2019 at 11:53.
Aroy is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 12:12   #3230
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 635
Thanked: 725 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Most of the time on AMAZON, there is a minimum billing before the offer can be availed. I had faced similar problems with AMAZON, and then went through fine print - a minimum of Rs.4,000 (at that time) was required to avail the offer. If the minimum criteria is not satisfied, most sites will grey out the option.
Wow, wasn't aware of that. Now I'm worried because I havent received the RP in my last 2 bills and I just assumed it takes upto 3 months to reflect RP earned from Amazon :/
Nonstop-driver is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 12:50   #3231
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BengaLooru
Posts: 314
Thanked: 679 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Important Note:
10X Reward points on HDFC Bank Credit Card / 10% cashback on HDFC Bank Debit card offer is only on items added to cart on Amazon immediately after landing from the HDFC Bank Smartbuy. The offer will NOT be applicable on items that were already in the user's cart (added during a previous session) but need to be added post landing from the HDFC Bank Smartbuy platform only.


So it is best to first decide what you want, and then start afresh once you avail the Smart Buy
May be, the steps I am trying is wrong or i don't know. But how to add a product without searching for it first? As soon as I search for a product, that HDFC Bank Smartbuy option goes off. I also tried adding the items to Wishlist. As soon as i click the Wishlist, this option goes off. So, I am still clueless on how to avail this offer.
kavensri is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 18:04   #3232
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 635
Thanked: 725 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
May be, the steps I am trying is wrong or i don't know. But how to add a product without searching for it first? As soon as I search for a product, that HDFC Bank Smartbuy option goes off. I also tried adding the items to Wishlist. As soon as i click the Wishlist, this option goes off. So, I am still clueless on how to avail this offer.
What option are you talking about? I go to Smartbuy and Amazon from there and then add product from Wishlist. Unlike Flipkart, I don't see the smartbuy logo on Amazon throughout the ordering process.
Nonstop-driver is offline  
Old 30th May 2019, 14:41   #3233
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 538
Thanked: 683 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Apart from getting re-directed through Smartbuy, another thing that they ask is to use the same mobile number as registered with the card and last 4 digits of the card, so that could be the linking factor.
I recently bought an iPhone through smartbuy and hope that 10x points are credited.
Even I didnot see any smartbuy endorsement on the Amazon page.
riteshritesh is offline  
Old 30th May 2019, 15:34   #3234
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BengaLooru
Posts: 314
Thanked: 679 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
What option are you talking about? I go to Smartbuy and Amazon from there and then add product from Wishlist. Unlike Flipkart, I don't see the smartbuy logo on Amazon throughout the ordering process.
Please refer to the attachment. After entering my mobile number and last 4 digits of card, i land on this page with 'HDFC SmartBUY Offer' pre-selected. But as soon as I try to search for a product or try accessing the Wishlist, this option goes off.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-hdfc_smartbuy.jpg  

kavensri is offline  
Old 30th May 2019, 17:29   #3235
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 538
Thanked: 683 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
After entering my mobile number and last 4 digits of card, i land on this page with 'HDFC SmartBUY Offer' pre-selected.

Have you logged in your smart buy account? Try searching for the item in smartbuy itself and then clicking on the link smartbuy provides.

I did that recently to buy an iPhone XR but going by your concern, my purchase would be invalid too.
I doubt if HDFC would be so stringent regarding this. They should see an Amazon/FK purchase and straight off 10x the points, no?


I have 2 big ticket purchases this month, the first being a Vu TV from FK. I wasn't aware of 10x then and purchased it from FK directly. The 2nd being a phone, went through smartbuy.
Hoping for a 10x on both transactions.
riteshritesh is offline  
Old 30th May 2019, 18:57   #3236
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 635
Thanked: 725 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Have you logged in your smart buy account? Try searching for the item in smartbuy itself and then clicking on the link smartbuy provides.

I did that recently to buy an iPhone XR but going by your concern, my purchase would be invalid too.
I tried doing this and from compare & shop, it redirected me to Tata Cliq and not Amazon.

If you open FK through Smartbuy, you'll see Smartbuy icon on top left through the ordering process. Not so on Amazon though. Let's hope they credit the RP this month since it will be 3months since my order month.
Nonstop-driver is offline  
Old 4th June 2019, 08:14   #3237
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 98
Thanked: 36 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

A few updates based on a call with Diners black Customer care.

1. SmartBuy points stand reduced. They are 15,000 points per calendar month and extended till June 30, 2019 only. Probability of getting that extended further is speculation.

2. Partner brands' points are until June 30, 2019. They remain 25,000 per billing cycle (Mine is 14 of current month to 13 of next month)

3. Loading HDFC Forex cards by Diners black fetches 5000 points per month. Alas, its open till 30 June only. Its not advertised on Diners black site too.



Overall, the sheen is off DCB as the 10x rewards points are diluted/curtailed.
manduvindupondu is offline  
Old 4th June 2019, 09:04   #3238
BHPian
 
Engine_Roars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 410
Thanked: 2,499 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hi Team, I have an ICICI Coral Credit Card(Visa) issued in India, can it be used for International transactions like booking cabs or ordering foods via mobile apps? What are the charges involved, if any?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashish
Engine_Roars is offline  
Old 4th June 2019, 23:38   #3239
BHPian
 
dmplog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 302
Thanked: 346 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi Team, I have an ICICI Coral Credit Card(Visa) issued in India, can it be used for International transactions like booking cabs or ordering foods via mobile apps? What are the charges involved, if any?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashish
Yes, it can be used to book Uber cabs overseas. To ensure peace of mind, add that card in Uber app as a payment option.
Charges are standard (fx markup fees). You will see the charges as you see them in India.
dmplog is online now  
Old 17th June 2019, 17:36   #3240
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 635
Thanked: 725 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Most of the time on AMAZON, there is a minimum billing before the offer can be availed. I had faced similar problems with AMAZON, and then went through fine print - a minimum of Rs.4,000 (at that time) was required to avail the offer. If the minimum criteria is not satisfied, most sites will grey out the option.
Where did you read it? I couldn't find it anywhere; even Amazon says there is no minimum transaction limit.

Separately, can anyone tell me whom do I contact for reconciling my Reward Points? The generic HDFC Bank customer care redirects me to their Eva platform which is unable to answer my queries.
Nonstop-driver is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks