Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2019, 12:52   #3286
BHPian
 
KK_HakunaMatata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 598
Thanked: 668 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratika View Post
I've been using Diners Black for 1.5 yrs or so. Earlier I had the Regalia for 4-5 yrs. I found rewards redemption of HDFC for air tickets/hotels to be very competitive wrt rates. I've booked domestic air tickets, domestic and international hotels using reward points. For my US booking I remember that HDFC reward redemption nightly rate was lower than several other aggregator sites.

Still, Diners Black has been the best (most rewarding ) card I've ever held in any country. Their customer service is also top notch - at par with Infinia. If you get a chance to grab it, do so with eyes shut.
Hi pratika,

Can you let me know if Diners Black is a chargeable card? I mean annual charges. I am mostly likely getting a Diners Black as an upgrade from my Regalia First, I was wondering about the charges. And even with the the charges is the card worth it? I may spend 2 to 3 lakhs on this card annualy.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 30th August 2019 at 13:01.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2019, 13:01   #3287
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 66
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hi pratika,

Can you let me know if Diners Black is a chargeable card? I mean annual charges. I am mostly likely getting a Diners Black as an upgrade from my Regalia First, I was wondering about the charges.


It depends on your relationship with the bank. They may ask for 5k/year membership fees that can be waived for spends over 5L/yr. If you've good relationship with the bank then push for lifetime free card. I know they oblige in many cases.


Personally, I would blindly get the card even if they charged me 5k/yr because I know that reward redemptions cover this fee several times over for me as we mostly shop from their partner sites only.
pratika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2019, 16:10   #3288
tud
BHPian
 
tud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 97
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hello folks, does someone have any experience using a NiYo card for purchases overseas? An official travel is coming up next week and I'm thinking of opting for this card over a regular forex card for my personal expenses like shopping, etc. As a back up, I will still have my company credit card and my Regalia credit card.

Looks like using this NiYo card, I will save on the foreign currency mark up fee that comes with my credit card and the currency conversion charges before and after a trip that comes with any forex card.

https://www.livemint.com/money/perso...761981185.html

Any experience from fellow BHPians will be very useful.

Thanks!
D
tud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2019, 16:45   #3289
A M
BHPian
 
A M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Panchkula
Posts: 495
Thanked: 436 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
Hello folks, does someone have any experience using a NiYo card for purchases overseas? An official travel is coming up next week and I'm thinking of opting for this card over a regular forex card for my personal expenses like shopping, etc. As a back up, I will still have my company credit card and my Regalia credit card.

Looks like using this NiYo card, I will save on the foreign currency mark up fee that comes with my credit card and the currency conversion charges before and after a trip that comes with any forex card.

https://www.livemint.com/money/perso...761981185.html

Any experience from fellow BHPians will be very useful.

Thanks!
D
Hi,
Please go ahead with this card. I have completely resorted to using this card only on my travels abroad. Have used this card extensively in Asia and Africa. No issues faced. No markups. The conversion rate applied is realtime at the time of settling the payment with the PoS. So you may see some adjustments being made after the transaction is complete.
Overall I'm a happy customer.
A M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2019, 21:19   #3290
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 556
Thanked: 246 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

What’s the best way to destroy a contactless credit card? Where exactly is the contactless hardware/ chip?
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 09:02   #3291
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 2,007
Thanked: 1,369 Times
Default StanChart Supervalue Titanium card

Beginning Oct '19, 5% cashback for Fuel expenses on Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium card gets a upper cap of Rs. 2,000 per transaction, cashback limit of Rs. 200 per month stays as earlier.
Value derived out of Super Value is reducing.

StanChart mailer
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 14:34   #3292
BHPian
 
Simhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 474
Thanked: 817 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hi Friends, Anybody using Rupay credit cards? Any feedback on acceptance in shops and online sites across India? I checked SBI site, but they are offering only Rupay debit cards and not credit cards.
Simhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 02:15   #3293
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have a HDFC Regalia, what do you suggest I push for an upgrade for? My spending tends to exceed 8L/pa on the cards
maverhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 08:12   #3294
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,592
Thanked: 3,514 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
I have a HDFC Regalia, what do you suggest I push for an upgrade for? My spending tends to exceed 8L/pa on the cards
Infinia without a doubt, the best card we have in india
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 12:32   #3295
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Raipur
Posts: 46
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Agree with Sahil and have said the same before. Infinia with its 10x reward points and redemption of 1 point = Rs. 1 for flights and hotels is not matched by others. Its 5 points for every Rs 150 spent normally but with 10x it becomes 50 points for Rs. 150 spent.

They have also switched and updated to hdfc smartbuy website and made shopping or redeeming points easier.

https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/infinia

For Amazon and Flipkart it links directly to each website. For flights and hotels you can book through the portal itself. Compare and Shop has other e-tailers like Cliq, Snapdeal so you don't miss out on the 10x rewards scheme.

There is a limit of 25000 points earned per month which equates to Rs. 75000 when only using 10x reward scheme. Also the points crediting can take upto 90 days. From my experience it takes 30-45 days. Terms and conditions here: https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/12768
AnandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 13:59   #3296
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 378
Thanked: 494 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
I have a HDFC Regalia, what do you suggest I push for an upgrade for? My spending tends to exceed 8L/pa on the cards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Infinia without a doubt, the best card we have in india
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Agree with Sahil and have said the same before. Infinia with its 10x reward points and redemption of 1 point = Rs. 1 for flights and hotels is not matched by others. Its 5 points for every Rs 150 spent normally but with 10x it becomes 50 points for Rs. 150 spent.

They have also switched and updated to hdfc smartbuy website and made shopping or redeeming points easier.

https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/infinia
While Infinia has been the Top Card for a while now and may continue to be so for some more time, the 10X Offer may not be there for long. As of today, the 10X offer is valid only till 30-Sep-19. This has been kept on extending for a month at a time for the last 5-6 months. Earlier, this extension used to be a Quarter at a time. By the year end, I expect this 10X to reduce to 5X. It will still remain a very juicy offer, no doubt.

Diners Club Black on the other hand has additional 10X partners over and above the Smartbuy portal which provides 25K Bonus Points to be earned per month in addition to the 15K Bonus Points from Smartbuy.

Have a look at that, analyse your spend categories and then decide.
tejas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 14:41   #3297
BHPian
 
pareshraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 200
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Diners Club Black on the other hand has additional 10X partners over and above the Smartbuy portal which provides 25K Bonus Points to be earned per month in addition to the 15K Bonus Points from Smartbuy.
Oh, are you sure that one can earn 25K more points beyond the 15k bonus on Smartbuy. Pls share the link where we can find the partner details.

Cheers
pareshraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 15:04   #3298
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Raipur
Posts: 46
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Oh, are you sure that one can earn 25K more points beyond the 15k bonus on Smartbuy. Pls share the link where we can find the partner details.

Cheers
5 partner brands: Myntra, Swiggy, Book My Show, Zoom Car, Godrej Nature's Basket. Yes they are additional to Smartbuy 10x points.

https://www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com/privilege
AnandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 16:10   #3299
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 378
Thanked: 494 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Oh, are you sure that one can earn 25K more points beyond the 15k bonus on Smartbuy. Pls share the link where we can find the partner details.

Cheers
Anand B already provided the link in the below post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
5 partner brands: Myntra, Swiggy, Book My Show, Zoom Car, Godrej Nature's Basket. Yes they are additional to Smartbuy 10x points.

https://www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com/privilege
There one more 10X available on HDFC Credit Cards.

Forex Card Loading gets you 10X too. Max. Bonus Points - 5000. This is applicable for all cards though. So, for the Diners Club Black, the max bonus points per month is 45K Points.

Again, the Forex Card offer is till 30-Sep-19. Not sure what happens next.

I reaped the benefits on this offer two months in a row (June & July).
tejas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2019, 09:35   #3300
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 211
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium card

Those who are using Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium card, they have changed terms of cashback. Here are more details

https://av.sc.com/in/edm/svtcvpref/
dmplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Online Credit Card Scam - Help! crn12 Shifting gears 26 1st October 2019 11:02
Credit Card Purchase Surcharge 1.5% (and a discussion on TIPS) sam003 Shifting gears 114 6th February 2013 12:28
Credit Card:Converting Outstanding amount to EMI/Pay only minimum amount due?Advise ashwinsid Shifting gears 26 11th September 2009 15:24
Scary News : Network Solutions loses Credit Card information emkay456 Shifting gears 0 28th July 2009 14:01
Credit card menace kutlee Shifting gears 39 17th August 2007 18:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks