Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2020, 20:38   #3436
BHPian
 
warrioraks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Delhi
Posts: 392
Thanked: 2,589 Times
Default Re: Is HDFC cashback automatic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Hi guys,

I'd made a few purchases from Flipkart in Oct 2019 through my HDFC debit card. I was supposed to get 10% cashback by 31-01-2020, but haven't! Does it usually happen automatically, or HDFC bank counts on some people forgetting about it in 3-4 months time? Does one need to remind them to get the cashback? Frankly, I don't understand such a long delay. How is it a "promotion" and not an annoyance?
.
I bought a phone in October using HDFC credit card from a brick and mortar store. The cash back was credited a couple of weeks back, so you might want to check with the bank. Even in past, I have never faced this challenge as it is an automated process.
warrioraks is offline  
Old 3rd February 2020, 21:44   #3437
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 642
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: Is HDFC cashback automatic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Hi guys,

I'd made a few purchases from Flipkart in Oct 2019 through my HDFC debit card. I was supposed to get 10% cashback by 31-01-2020, but haven't! Does it usually happen automatically, or HDFC bank counts on some people forgetting about it in 3-4 months time? Does one need to remind them to get the cashback? Frankly, I don't understand such a long delay. How is it a "promotion" and not an annoyance?
.
Maybe the offer was on credit card and not on debit card. Just wondering. I never had problem with cash back on credit card purchase. I got it even when it is not explicitly mentioned in the charge slip, for transaction done during an offer period.
Guite is offline  
Old 3rd February 2020, 22:45   #3438
BHPian
 
Ithaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: MH 43 // MH 46
Posts: 323
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I have an ICICI Credit card since 14 years. Long back I had some 46K credit limit when I was starting job and then somewhere I got it increased to 80K.
But now when I asked them again for an increase in limit, they told they cannot do as I don't have "offer" for my credit card.
How can I get the credit card limit enhanced?
Apply for the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card.
If you are an Amazon Prime member and have an ICICI bank account holder & since your KYC must be updated with them, they will issue a new card.
A formal documents check will be done by their representative.
Once new card is received, cancel the old card after paying off all the dues or transfer the dues to the new card.
Hope this works.
Mine has a limit of Rs 3,30,000.

This thread introduced me to this card and I received it within 10 days of applying since I have an account with them with KYC updated.
Ithaca is offline  
Old 3rd February 2020, 23:17   #3439
Senior - BHPian
 
ruzbehxyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: MH02 to MH46
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 4,094 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Has anyone obtained an Amercian Express credit card through Yes bank. Can you share feedback ?

Link: https://www.yesbank.in/personal-bank...-cards-removed
ruzbehxyz is online now  
Old 3rd February 2020, 23:34   #3440
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: World
Posts: 122
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Is HDFC cashback automatic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I bought a phone in October using HDFC credit card from a brick and mortar store. The cash back was credited a couple of weeks back, so you might want to check with the bank. Even in past, I have never faced this challenge as it is an automated process.
That's good to know. Thanks. Yes, I'd already written to the bank. They've promised a response in 2 days. Let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Maybe the offer was on credit card and not on debit card. Just wondering. I never had problem with cash back on credit card purchase. I got it even when it is not explicitly mentioned in the charge slip, for transaction done during an offer period.
No, the offer was exclusively for debit card transactions. I'd surely have preferred using a credit card over debit card, given a choice. This was the first time I'd ever done a transaction on this kind of a delayed cashback offer, and didn't know what to expect. If this doesn't work out not too painfully, I don't think I'd be too keen on acting upon similar inconvenient offers in future.
.

Last edited by meerkat : 3rd February 2020 at 23:36.
meerkat is offline  
Old 3rd February 2020, 23:59   #3441
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 267
Thanked: 463 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Apply for the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card.
If you are an Amazon Prime member and have an ICICI bank account holder & since your KYC must be updated with them, they will issue a new card.
A formal documents check will be done by their representative.
Once new card is received, cancel the old card after paying off all the dues or transfer the dues to the new card.
Hope this works.
Mine has a limit of Rs 3,30,000.

This thread introduced me to this card and I received it within 10 days of applying since I have an account with them with KYC updated.
I already got the amazon pay icici card and its limit is same 80K.
raksrules is offline  
Old 4th February 2020, 00:25   #3442
BHPian
 
Ithaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: MH 43 // MH 46
Posts: 323
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I already got the amazon pay icici card and its limit is same 80K.
This surprises me. I was intimated by ICICI bank even before my card was issued that my card number was xxxxxxx and my limit will be 3,30,000.
Then the physical card was received with write up about my limit.
If not for your comment, I assumed that everyone would be given the same limit.
Thank you for educating me about this fact that the credit limit varies for everyone.
Ithaca is offline  
Old 4th February 2020, 00:46   #3443
BHPian
 
digitalnirvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pale blue dot
Posts: 376
Thanked: 1,416 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
If not for your comment, I assumed that everyone would be given the same limit.
Thank you for educating me about this fact that the credit limit varies for everyone.
The credit limit depends on your credit history, CIBIL score, existing lines of credit, credit utilisation, age of credit cards. You must be having a good score.
digitalnirvana is offline  
Old 4th February 2020, 09:37   #3444
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,434
Thanked: 1,874 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
My experience is a bit different with ICICI. I have ICICI credit card for 15 years I think and limit is 64K. They are sending me mailers to increase limit to 1.5 lakh for many years but I am not interested. I feel it is a burden in case of theft or loss as it isn't mush required for me.

OT: Sorry for back to back posts. I didn't realize it before posting.
So is mine. I got the card when I bought my Esteem with an ICICI Loan some twenty years ago. I also opened an account then. The card has now a limit of over 3.5 lacs, though I have never spent any where near the limit.
Aroy is offline  
Old 4th February 2020, 12:43   #3445
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 381
Thanked: 663 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Has anyone obtained an Amercian Express credit card through Yes bank. Can you share feedback ?

Link: https://www.yesbank.in/personal-bank...-cards-removed
Why would you want to apply an Amex through Yes Bank instead of direct Amex application?

Direct Amex have better offers than those through ICICI or Yes Bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
The credit limit depends on your credit history, CIBIL score, existing lines of credit, credit utilisation, age of credit cards. You must be having a good score.
You forgot the most important aspect.

INCOME

tejas08 is offline  
Old 4th February 2020, 13:43   #3446
Senior - BHPian
 
ruzbehxyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: MH02 to MH46
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 4,094 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Why would you want to apply an Amex through Yes Bank instead of direct Amex application?

Direct Amex have better offers than those through ICICI or Yes Bank.
Reasons:
1. AMEX does not issue Credit cards to NRI's in India.
2. I have a Yes Bank account.

As far as I know, the benefits of the AMEX cards is the same. The only difference is the Yes bank logo on the card.

So my question still stands the same.
ruzbehxyz is online now  
Old 4th February 2020, 15:28   #3447
AZT
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Bombay
Posts: 556
Thanked: 2,035 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Reasons:
1. AMEX does not issue Credit cards to NRI's in India.
2. I have a Yes Bank account.

As far as I know, the benefits of the AMEX cards is the same. The only difference is the Yes bank logo on the card.

So my question still stands the same.
One more point to note, depending on category Amex cards have either an annual fee or an annual minimum spend to waive off the charge (eg. Its 150,000 for the membership rewards card). Since you have a Yes bank account, check if you can get it without those conditions.
AZT is offline  
Old 5th February 2020, 14:06   #3448
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,347
Thanked: 1,736 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

QUICK help on my HDFC Diners club credit card.

Facts:

Minimum Amount Due: 20,000
Payment date: 1 Feb 2020
Apple cash back credited on 28th Jan: 6000
IMPS Payment made on 1.2.2020: Rs. 15,000
Total Credits: Rs. 21,000/-

The bank has charged me a late fee of INR 950. is it right?
Warwithwheels is offline  
Old 5th February 2020, 14:27   #3449
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 5,595
Thanked: 10,095 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
The bank has charged me a late fee of INR 950. is it right?
Yes; the 20k payment is required for the already generated statement. The 6k credit will reflect in the current statement. You should have paid 20k. Try talking to Cust Care; they may reverse this as a one-time goodwill gesture.
libranof1987 is offline  
Old 5th February 2020, 14:51   #3450
BHPian
 
neofromcapone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 352
Thanked: 269 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Guys, I would appreciate your advice.

I need to get a credit card for fuel purchases.
Citibank has a card with up to 71 litres of free fuel annually on fuel and
StanChart has one with up to 5% cash back on fuel spends.
Which one should I go with or is there any other alternative.

And which would be the best option for lounge access in India and UK
I would rather have them as separate cards.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by neofromcapone : 5th February 2020 at 14:54. Reason: typo
neofromcapone is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks