Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2020, 14:55   #3541
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BengaLooru
Posts: 303
Thanked: 635 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Alas I realized this SmartBuy benefit very late much to my detriment. But isn't it only for Flipkart? Does it work for Amazon too? I'm using the ICICI Amazon Pay card like a fool then!
Couple of guys in this forum are using this Smartbuy with Amazon also. But I never got it working, even after trying the steps mentioned in the web site. So, if you happen to use it in Amazon and get it working, please let me know the steps.
kavensri is online now  
Old 3rd March 2020, 14:59   #3542
BHPian
 
digitalnirvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pale blue dot
Posts: 521
Thanked: 2,558 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/infinia

You need to go thru the Smartbuy Infinia page. On there click Amazon then it asks for last 4 digits and mobile number then takes you to Amazon. There you can buy anything and use that infinia card for 10x offer. But it won't work if you have items in your cart before coming to Amazon using Smartbuy. So only add stuff after coming from Smartbuy.
Thanks. I feel like a right fool. Have been using the ICICI Amazon Pay card for ages. In fact sometimes I just add money to Amazon Pay using the Amex Membership Rewards card and shop from there

Edit @kavensri sure, I'll keep you updated.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 3rd March 2020 at 15:01.
digitalnirvana is offline  
Old 3rd March 2020, 16:09   #3543
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Raipur
Posts: 471
Thanked: 1,832 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Couple of guys in this forum are using this Smartbuy with Amazon also. But I never got it working, even after trying the steps mentioned in the web site. So, if you happen to use it in Amazon and get it working, please let me know the steps.
It does work. You have to read the T&C carefully and follow as i mentioned. 1x is immediately received and the remaining 9x is rewarded after 30 days or sometimes next statement cycle. They do verify if the purchases are eligible for 10x reward points.

PS: this page with points details can be viewed from netbanking. For purchases/redeeming points smartbuy is used.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-infinia.jpg  


Last edited by AnandB : 3rd March 2020 at 16:13.
AnandB is offline  
Old 4th March 2020, 15:34   #3544
BHPian
 
bejoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 884
Thanked: 1,290 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I faced this issue yesterday. So I filled the petrol for ₹1000 using Citibank card. Later I see an sms from Citibank asking me if I want to redeem points against my fuel transaction. The link was valid for 24 hours. Redeemed it. Going forward this is how redemption will work. Check your sms app post swipe at any IOCL outlet. You will get a redemption link. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Need one clarification. You mean to say, even if they swipe my Citibank card on different machine, this reward thing will work?
Also, i have one more query. If they used a different machine (non Citibank machine) to swipe your Citibank card, surcharge will be charged for the transaction. Did that happen in your case?
Got this via email today.

Quote:
Turbo Points redemption against transactions done at authorized IndianOil outlets


Simple 4-step process:

1. Pay using your IndianOil Citi Credit Card on any bank's EDC machine, for the value of Turbo Points to be redeemed

2. Receive a redemption link via SMS

3. Confirm the number of Turbo Points to redeem

4. Click 'Redeem Now' to pay with Turbo Points



If you decide not to redeem, your Turbo Points will continue to accumulate and never expire.

You must have enough points to receive redemption link via SMS. Minimum transaction amount eligible for points redemption is Rs.250.
So I believe, the amount has to be lower than the accumulated points to get the redeem link. So if I fill full tank, i need to make two transactions to get it work. Earlier also it was two transactions, first one being the rewards. Need to explain the attender now.
bejoy is offline  
Old 4th March 2020, 16:50   #3545
AZT
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Bombay
Posts: 671
Thanked: 2,551 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I have been using this card for over 30 months now. I have always ensured to have the 4 x 1000+ transactions criteria met for the 1000 bonus points.

I'm assuming this is the only transaction you do on this card. How did you get minimum 1.5 lakh spend criteria waived.
AZT is offline  
Old 4th March 2020, 18:01   #3546
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 382
Thanked: 943 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
I'm assuming this is the only transaction you do on this card. How did you get minimum 1.5 lakh spend criteria waived.
I got this card as Lifetime free. So, I dont need to bother about that 1.5 Lacs fee waiver milestone and continue doing just the minimum transactions.

Last edited by tejas08 : 4th March 2020 at 18:09.
tejas08 is offline  
Old 4th March 2020, 18:49   #3547
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 382
Thanked: 943 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Couple of guys in this forum are using this Smartbuy with Amazon also. But I never got it working, even after trying the steps mentioned in the web site. So, if you happen to use it in Amazon and get it working, please let me know the steps.
Couple of Guys? I have a whole bunch of people on a whatsapp group going crazy with the points accumulation through the HDFC Smartbuy 10X offer. I myself have accumulated over 1.5 Lac points in 9 months.
tejas08 is offline  
Old 4th March 2020, 18:56   #3548
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BengaLooru
Posts: 303
Thanked: 635 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Couple of Guys? I have a whole bunch of people on a whatsapp group going crazy with the points accumulation through the HDFC Smartbuy 10X offer. I myself have accumulated over 1.5 Lac points in 9 months.
That's good to know. Even I am able to succesfully use it from FK. But, for some reason it does not work when i do the same from Amazon.
kavensri is online now  
Old 4th March 2020, 19:10   #3549
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 343 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
That's good to know. Even I am able to succesfully use it from FK. But, for some reason it does not work when i do the same from Amazon.
Amazon works for me. Below are the steps I follow on mobile.

1. Go to https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/
2. Click on Amazon and follow through the steps of last 4 digits of card and phone number.
3. It redirects to Amazon website and for me that launches the Amazon app.
4. App shows the offer details which is a confirmation that any order I do at this moment will have offer this offer if I pay be hdfc card.
5. Now add your product to cart, cart should be empty before this. Pay by hdfc card
6. In 2-3 days you'll get a separate email from Amazon confirming that purchase was via smartbuy.


If you are not using app, but instead using browser then there is another/better way to confirm. At step 3 when you are redirected to Amazon website, the url in address bar should have additional "tag=smartbuy0d3-21&ascsubtag". Unless you have this, you aren't going to get smartbuy 10x points. I believe it should stay throughout your ordering process.
rjainv is offline  
Old 4th March 2020, 20:55   #3550
BHPian
 
digitalnirvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pale blue dot
Posts: 521
Thanked: 2,558 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Couple of Guys? I have a whole bunch of people on a whatsapp group going crazy with the points accumulation through the HDFC Smartbuy 10X offer. I myself have accumulated over 1.5 Lac points in 9 months.
Ah crap. I probably missed out on the deal of the century

Pardon me for the stupid question - is it more beneficial to use HDFC Regalia via Smartbuy for Amazon shopping vs using ICICI Amazon Pay card?

(assuming that I don't use the HDFC reward points for flight tickets. Hotel bookings are likely though)
digitalnirvana is offline  
Old 4th March 2020, 22:43   #3551
BHPian
 
warrioraks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Delhi
Posts: 498
Thanked: 3,540 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Ah crap. I probably missed out on the deal of the century

Pardon me for the stupid question - is it more beneficial to use HDFC Regalia via Smartbuy for Amazon shopping vs using ICICI Amazon Pay card?

(assuming that I don't use the HDFC reward points for flight tickets. Hotel bookings are likely though)

That depends on how many reward points do you get on Regalia and conversion ratio when you actually spend it on hotels. You can do the math but I have a strong feeling that you are better off using Smartbuy till the time they offer 10x rewards.


In addition, I recently got to know about the HDFC tie-up with gyftr. You can buy instant vouchers for practically all daily need brands at a highly discounted rate. For my DCB card, it comes out to be 30% discount which is a really cool deal.



https://www.gyftr.com/hdfcsmartbuy/
warrioraks is offline  
Old 4th March 2020, 22:53   #3552
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 382
Thanked: 943 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
That's good to know. Even I am able to succesfully use it from FK. But, for some reason it does not work when i do the same from Amazon.
Bonus points for Amazon Purchase get credited after 90 days from the end of the calender month in which the transaction was made. That's why you may not be noticing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Ah crap. I probably missed out on the deal of the century

Pardon me for the stupid question - is it more beneficial to use HDFC Regalia via Smartbuy for Amazon shopping vs using ICICI Amazon Pay card?

(assuming that I don't use the HDFC reward points for flight tickets. Hotel bookings are likely though)
HDFC Regalia will give a reward rate of 13.33% till 20,850 Rs. After this, the reward rate starts diminishing. So for purchases till 25,000 Rs. or so are stll beneficial on HDFC Regalia. Anything above and if you have amazon prime, then ICICI Amazon card would be more beneficial
tejas08 is offline  
Old 4th March 2020, 22:57   #3553
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BengaLooru
Posts: 303
Thanked: 635 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Bonus points for Amazon Purchase get credited after 90 days from the end of the calender month in which the transaction was made. That's why you may not be noticing it.
Ah, that could be very much possible then! Because, when i shop from FK, i could see the bonus points credited within the same month. So, i thought it would be same for Amazon also. Thanks for the clarification.
kavensri is online now  
Old 4th March 2020, 23:03   #3554
BHPian
 
digitalnirvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pale blue dot
Posts: 521
Thanked: 2,558 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
That depends on how many reward points do you get on Regalia and conversion ratio when you actually spend it on hotels. You can do the math but I have a strong feeling that you are better off using Smartbuy till the time they offer 10x rewards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
HDFC Regalia will give a reward rate of 13.33% till 20,850 Rs. After this, the reward rate starts diminishing. So for purchases till 25,000 Rs. or so are stll beneficial on HDFC Regalia. Anything above and if you have amazon prime, then ICICI Amazon card would be more beneficial
Thanks gents for the helpful replies. I will surely check out the gyftr page and will now switch to HDFC for online purchases.

The 20850 Rs cap is for a monthly statement period, yes?
digitalnirvana is offline  
Old 4th March 2020, 23:06   #3555
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 382
Thanked: 943 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Thanks gents for the helpful replies. I will surely check out the gyftr page and will now switch to HDFC for online purchases.

The 20850 Rs cap is for a monthly statement period, yes?
Not Monthly statement period. That capping is based on Calender month.
tejas08 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks