Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2021, 11:30   #5041
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Hello.
Can someone please provide a link to the escalation team in SBI card? The usual customer service is not being of any help. Any email id or something?
Bank Ombudsman

https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/Complaints.aspx

I have complained on a few occasions and have got problems resolved fast.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th December 2021 at 13:09. Reason: Typos
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:32   #5042
AZT
BHPian

HDFC smartbuy sale is back. Amazon pay gift vouchers at 10% cashback (Even higher for Infinia and DCB), max can buy 10,000 worth of cards. Great offer with Amazon Pay balance being used to pay utility bills.

Below is the Gyftr link:
https://www.gyftr.com/instantvoucher...-gift-vouchers
Old 13th December 2021, 12:42   #5043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
HDFC smartbuy sale is back. Amazon pay gift vouchers at 10% cashback (Even higher for Infinia and DCB), max can buy 10,000 worth of cards. Great offer with Amazon Pay balance being used to pay utility bills.

Below is the Gyftr link:
I am a long term Infinia user and to me this makes no sense to buy. Infinia gets 5X rewards on Amazon via smartbuy anyways so when you do the math you will see that you will get the same effective price/points benefit while shopping worth 10k normally at anytime. Not sure why anyone would fall for this and pay it upfront for no gains.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:45   #5044
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I am a long term Infinia user and to me this makes no sense to buy. Infinia gets 5X rewards on Amazon via smartbuy anyways so when you do the math you will see that you will get the same effective price/points benefit while shopping worth 10k normally at anytime. Not sure why anyone would fall for this and pay it upfront for no gains.
As I said l, this voucher can be used to pay your electricity or phone bills as well through Amazon Pay. Not sure if that’s also included in the extra cash back you mentioned normally available. Plus for non Infinia / DCB cards, this is a great deal anyway.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 13:33   #5045
BHPian

Quote:
My usage pattern is 3-4 purchases over the month, and the monthly expenditure for supplies is fairly stable.
Given this, adding a lumpsum into the amazon wallet avoids the minor inconvenience of having to add items via smartbuy and the credit card approvals.

I only add approximately what I spend within the month - so I'm not really paying upfront (the card company is).
Old 13th December 2021, 15:46   #5046
BHPian

Quote:

Below is the Gyftr link:
Can you share the screenshot where it shows 10%. I'm seeing only 5x reward points as below which is as usual
The Credit Card Thread-screenshot_2021121315443497_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 15:55   #5047
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Can you share the screenshot where it shows 10%. I'm seeing only 5x reward points as below which is as usual
Attachment 2244720
If you change the card in the drop box from Infinia to other HDFC credit card, which is what I have, you can see the “Value of reward points” wording turn to “Value of cash back”. I don’t have Infinia so can’t comment on that.
Old 13th December 2021, 22:58   #5048
BHPian

Quote:

Below is the Gyftr link:
Sorry to burst your bubble. That's been a gyftr glitch since long. The Cashback on Vouchers is 5% only. Gyftr has not corrected this since long time. Might even be on purpose.

Quote:
Then you have missed out on a decent amount of points. People buy Amazon Voucher from Gyftr using Infinia / DCB majorly to pay utility bills, phone bills, recharges, Insurance Premiums and a lot more which are not covered under Amazon 5X. Even Gold Purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Attachment 2244720
No. The sale isnt back. Its still 5% or 5X only.
tejas08 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 18:07   #5049
Distinguished - BHPian

Good offer for HDFC CC holders, only valid till this weekend

https://www.cardexpert.in/redeem-hdf...ds-70ps-point/
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 20:09   #5050
BHPian

Quote:

Damn! Just few days back, I got my reward points converted to Amazon Pay Balance. My credit card statement date is 14th and every month I convert the accumulated reward points to Amazon Pay Balance amount on the same day of every month. I do this because we never know when they are going to reduce the conversion rate. But now, out of blue, they came up with this offer!
kavensri is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 12:59   #5051
BHPian

Quote:

Awesome, this is great value for me as I don't see myself travelling to anywhere far via flights in next year, and there's no guarantee when HDFC will devalue points/place more restrictions on redemption

Have left some points in my HDFC rewards incase I need to take domestic flights etc.
dhruvwali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 13:32   #5052
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you so much. I missed the same offer during Diwali. As soon as I read your message, I redeemed my entire points for around 18.5k Amazon vouchers. This is the best value I got till date
Old 19th December 2021, 22:25   #5053
BHPian

I didn't know we could add more than Rs 1L to amazon pay balance, but today I was able to do that via gift cards redeemed through points.

This amazed me and upon further digging I realised there is no mention of the max value of gift cards that can be added to pay balance, only for direct loads does it mention the limit of pay balance.

Moreover if I add money to amazon pay balance it demarcates the money added and the pay balance in form of gift cards, so it creates a multi currency wallet of sorts. Ofcourse to the user it makes no difference, but it sort of makes sense why I was able to do this then.

Very interesting.

Last edited by dhruvwali : 19th December 2021 at 22:26.
dhruvwali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 08:06   #5054
BHPian

Does anyone has any idea about the tax implications for the cashback amount that we get from these online stores? And also, from the 'reward points converted to amazon pay balance' amount?
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 08:13   #5055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
I didn't know we could add more than Rs 1L to amazon pay balance, but today I was able to do that via gift cards redeemed through points.

This amazed me and upon further digging I realised there is no mention of the max value of gift cards that can be added to pay balance, only for direct loads does it mention the limit of pay balance.

Moreover if I add money to amazon pay balance it demarcates the money added and the pay balance in form of gift cards, so it creates a multi currency wallet of sorts. Ofcourse to the user it makes no difference, but it sort of makes sense why I was able to do this then.

Very interesting.
I realised this last week when I was trying to pay for Electricity bill which would not allow for direct amazon pay (loading via CC) for amount greater than Rs. 10,000. Bought gift cards and loaded and paid it off. Same happened with an life insurance from ICICI (Weirdly they don't accept Amex cards), so took this circular route and paid.

Most Viewed