Old 17th October 2021, 05:42   #4936

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Same case with me, RM was useless.

What worked for me was repeated emails to HDFC credit card division to cancel my existing card if they cannot upgrade me to infinia.

Worked like a charm after about 5/6 emails and took over a few weeks to get sorted out.

Infact my RM had no clue my card was upgraded.

I spend 10-15L a year via my HDFC card, so maybe they saw the business loss they would have.

Try this out.

Originally Posted by aadya View Post
After repeated recommendations I tried getting an Infinia. I ticked almost all boxes - Savings account with high AQB, Had a loan in the past with interest component crossing 10L, My current regalia credit limit is more than a million rupees, Income level 3 times the number quoted by the RM. Still I was told that I am not eligible for Infinia.

Sad that there is no other card which matches Infinia. My spending that can be channelised through credit card is very high and probably I can hit around 15L per year. Now that you have pointed the Grievance redressal route which I have done and waiting. And I would be using my Regalia for some time and would cross 5-6 L this FY. Even after this if I am not eligible for INFINIA, I would move my business out of HDFC at first opportunity.
dhruvwali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 12:29   #4937

Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Have both cards, can definitely provide some insights on those.

Wake me up in deep sleep a 100 times and ask me if I should take the Infinia for Rs. 10,000 Annual fee and I will Yes every time.

Couple of things though, the annual fee increases to 12,500 when the Metal Infinia gets launched. So get the Infinia before that and you will have the fee of Rs. 10,000 for the next three years. The criteria for upgrade is 8 Lacs Credit Limit on Existing HDFC Credit Card. If you have that, send an email to Grievance Redressal Team asking for upgrade.

https://twitter.com/tejasghongadi/st...62086274449408
Thank you this is very insightful! I'll speak with them about the Infinia then. Criteria seems to be sorted for me.

Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Do ask the RM to send a mail.
Do checkout the links https://apply.hdfcbank.com/vivid/ccuiux_new#CC-Login where the LTF free terms are listed.
Attachment 2219732
!
Superb, thanks for this. I'll tell and push for LTF
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 16:16   #4938

Do int'l transactions qualify for cash back on Apay CC ? Going by the statement, NO. Would it credit later by any chance ?
Old 19th October 2021, 19:05   #4939

Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I applied for a HDFC Regalia credit card today via this [
Hi, did you get any communication from HDFC. I applied for the credit from the link mentioned by you, but the application status is still ‘IN PROCESS’.
Old 19th October 2021, 19:58   #4940

Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi, did you get any communication from HDFC. I applied for the credit from the link mentioned by you, but the application status is still ‘IN PROCESS’.
No one contacted yet. Same application status.
Old 20th October 2021, 11:34   #4941

I had contacted HDFC regarding the upgrade to Infinia, and finally I got a reply:

"Basis your email we had checked with the concerned for the credit card upgrade to Infinia Credit Card and the same will be free for first year. Further the Infinia Credit Card is priced with a annual membership fee of Rs. 11800.00 along with gst charges.
From second year onwards, if you spend Rs. 8 lakhs in the previous year then the renewal fees will be waived off."

So don't they offer a LTF free Infinia, and do we have to spend 8 lakhs every year to get the annual fees waived off?
Old 20th October 2021, 12:58   #4942

Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I had contacted HDFC regarding the upgrade to Infinia, and finally I got a reply:

"Basis your email we had checked with the concerned for the credit card upgrade to Infinia Credit Card and the same will be free for first year. Further the Infinia Credit Card is priced with a annual membership fee of Rs. 11800.00 along with gst charges.
From second year onwards, if you spend Rs. 8 lakhs in the previous year then the renewal fees will be waived off."

So don't they offer a LTF free Infinia, and do we have to spend 8 lakhs every year to get the annual fees waived off?
Yes, if it's not a life time free card, the spend target need to be met every year to get the annual fees waived off for the following year.
Everlearner is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 08:38   #4943

Guys, I received my Flipkart Axis Bank Card yesterday but I have not been able to activate it through the app. Every time I go to the ‘set PIN’ option they ask me to enter the card details with existing PIN. Anyone who has activated the card, can they please suggest a solution?
Old 21st October 2021, 10:44   #4944

I had applied for HDFC Indigo card but then HDFC card were not able to make a new card per RBI guidelines. Now HDFC card has started again adding new card customers, but i see my application is lost. I cant apply new, says already applied but dont see any movement in my application.
I was looking at Indigo since the in the customer fee itself i would save a lot of money since i was flying only on Indigo so far.
Any clue on how to get the application pushed along? Anyone who had a good experience with it.
thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 10:54   #4945

Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, I received my Flipkart Axis Bank Card yesterday but I have not been able to activate it through the app. Every time I go to the ‘set PIN’ option they ask me to enter the card details with existing PIN. Anyone who has activated the card, can they please suggest a solution?
Do it through phone banking. I faced the same problem and activated through phone banking. Even other features like online transaction, international usage etc can be activated/deactivated over phone.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2021 at 11:40. Reason: edited
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 23:44   #4946

Re: CC as payment option in GPay?

Why can't we include the 'ICICI Amazon Pay' CC as payment option in 'Google Pay'?

GPay is such a convenience BUT debits from my bank account. Are there any workarounds?
Old 22nd October 2021, 06:21   #4947

I am a NYTimes subscriber using my HDFC credit card as payment option. However, the new restriction on recurring payments has stopped NYTimes from charging my card starting this month.

I am not finding any way around. How do I ensure my international payments work for automatic transactions? Even Paypal option didn't work.
Old 22nd October 2021, 06:35   #4948

I am not finding any way around. How do I ensure my international payments work for automatic transactions? Even Paypal option didn't work.
I have the same problem with a couple of fitness websites. Have tried re-activating the account, cancelling and re-entering the details etc. Nothing has worked. Just waiting for some resolution from RBI on this new rule.

EDIT: I got a message from NetFlix too today morning to update card details again. Tried a couple of times to update credit card method and both the times it failed. So, had to use UPI recurring payment. Really irritating. More than saving customers, this rule is only putting a lot of trouble on customers.

Last edited by graaja : 22nd October 2021 at 06:51.
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:53   #4949

However, the new restriction on recurring payments has stopped NYTimes from charging my card starting this month.

I am not finding any way around.
I think NYTimes or their payment provider has to solve this. Stripe seems to have done it, Paypal probably hasn't (based on anecdotal evidence, could be wrong).
Old 27th October 2021, 18:51   #4950
AZT

Anyone saving up Amex points for Marriott Bonvoy transfer should read the below article. Bonvoy is moving to dynamic pricing from March but bookings before that will be as per current points chart.

https://livefromalounge.com/marriott...in-march-2022/
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks