Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2021, 11:44   #4831
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Mobile Numbers can be set seperately for each addon card for OTPs for online transactions as well as PIN can be set online for POS transactions.
Can you tell me how to get this done ? Customer care says add-on card has to have primary card holder's mobile number.
Old 18th September 2021, 13:46   #4832
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I got to know about this few months back and I have been using HDFC CC for purchases from Amazon even though I have Amazon Pay ICICI CC.
So, as long as these 5x/3x reward schemes are running, I will keep using my HDFC CC for any puchases from Amazon/FK.
And for bill payments through Amazon where I cannot get these 5x rewards, I generate voucher from gyftr to claim 5x reward points (till few days back, this used to have 10x reward points).
Is the 5x or 10x rewards same for all HDFC cards, I have a Diners Rewards which I rarely use. Also, is there any redemption charge to convert points to vouchers.
Old 18th September 2021, 14:07   #4833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Is the 5x or 10x rewards same for all HDFC cards, I have a Diners Rewards which I rarely use.
Only the Infinia and Diners Black CC are having these 10x/5x rewards points. Rest of the CC are having cashback. More details can be found from this link, https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/15282.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Also, is there any redemption charge to convert points to vouchers.
No.
Old 19th September 2021, 21:46   #4834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
This card should be there by default in everybody's wallet as its free and you can always control the limit. Yes, if you don't use Amazon at all, it doesnt make sense. But if you do use amazon and uber its a no brainer really.

My only gripe is the low limit initially for first 6 months. Waiting for 3 more months to see if they actually increase it depending on spending pattern as promised by customer care executive.
I applied for the Amazon pay CC today through amazon app and got it done within a matter of minutes. They've made the process so seamless now; or maybe it is because I already have an account in ICICI bank.

However, they didn't check for my KYC. Also, during the application process they've taken my employer details too (address, etc.). Is this normal?

The initial limit they've offered is 1.20 L. Seems like this is based on the history of spends on the Amazon site.

I have however received a 'virtual' card. Will this be it, or they'll be sending me a physical card too?

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 19th September 2021 at 21:48.
Old 19th September 2021, 21:54   #4835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I applied for the Amazon pay CC today through amazon app and got it done within a matter of minutes.

I have however received a 'virtual' card. Will this be it, or they'll be sending me a physical card too?
They will send the physical card to your address. You should receive it in a few days
Everlearner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 01:53   #4836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
…They've made the process so seamless now; or maybe it is because I already have an account in ICICI bank.
Nah, it’s usually quick.
Quote:
However, they didn't check for my KYC. Also, during the application process they've taken my employer details too (address, etc.). Is this normal?
Standard operating procedure.
Quote:

The initial limit they've offered is 1.20 L. Seems like this is based on the history of spends on the Amazon site.
Yes looks like it. I used to use my brother’s prime account for purchases all this while, so automatically my personal account usage was close to nil while applying. So I got only 40k limit which almost gets exhausted every month
Quote:

Again SOP. You will get the physical card within a week.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 09:35   #4837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think the credit limit is linked to your existing card. In my case the limit of Amazon card was exactly same as that on my ICICI card.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 09:39   #4838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I think the credit limit is linked to your existing card. In my case the limit of Amazon card was exactly same as that on my ICICI card.
I don't think so. When I got my card, I did not had any existing relationship with ICICI. So, they seems to be having some kind of algorithm/logic based on which this limit value is arrived at.
Old 20th September 2021, 14:35   #4839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
It can even quadruple, if you know the Airmiles game to book Business Class International Tickets.

Conversion to Airmiles - Can go upto 3-4 Re or even higher depending on redemptions
Hi, Please throw more light on this Infinia points to Airmiles, if you may. Thanks.
Old 20th September 2021, 14:40   #4840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Yes, this is true if you already have an ICICI credit card in your name. ICICI clearly states this in their letter and website.

For new customers, they must be using CIBIL score and/or employer details and transaction history from Amazon to decide on credit limit. I don't have any account with ICICI and got a 1.9L limit when I applied last week.
Old 20th September 2021, 15:07   #4841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Can you tell me how to get this done ? Customer care says add-on card has to have primary card holder's mobile number.
Dont remember much on this now. I had done this almost 3 years back and its still running that way. Try calling Customer Care once again. Many CC Execs dont know how their system works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshunlimited View Post
Hi, Please throw more light on this Infinia points to Airmiles, if you may. Thanks.
If you wouldn't mind & you are on Twitter, you can try going through my Tweets. Loads of information over there not just regarding Infinia but a lot of other cards and how the reward points can be converted to Airmiles or Hotel Loyalty Points. My Twitter handle is @tejasghongadi

For a simple starters information, Infinia Points can be converted to Singapore Airlines, Club Vistara & Intermiles. Singapore Airlines & Club Vistara are good options. Booking Flights with Points on Smartbuy is better than Intermiles.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 19:12   #4842
BHPian

Any idea how can one convert Infinia Credit Card or Diners Club Black Card to life time free? Presently the annual membership amount is Rs.10k and 5K per annum respectively.
Old 20th September 2021, 19:57   #4843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Any idea how can one convert Infinia Credit Card or Diners Club Black Card to life time free? Presently the annual membership amount is Rs.10k and 5K per annum respectively.
Last year I converted my DCB card to LTF by opening a savings account with them. Just check if check they can do it for you as well.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 22:18   #4844
Senior - BHPian

With big billion day sale coming, I just noticed Axis bank flipkart credit card doesn’t have anymore annual fee. Didn’t it have some fees and you needed to spend 2L annually for a waiver? Probably pressure from amazon icici card?
Attached Images

Old 21st September 2021, 11:49   #4845
BHPian

RBI mandate regarding recurring payments using cards, UPI comes into force from 1st October 2021. The payments for insurance, electricity, mobile etc. will not be processed automatically but will require an additional factor of authentication. Please review your standing intructions as it may lead to default on payment. The order was earlier issued in April but was pushed forward for 6 months. The news article is linked below.

https://www.livemint.com/money/perso...114648614.html

I came to know about this from the Twitter thread linked below.

https://twitter.com/iam_anandv/statu...035027981?s=19

Experts on the forum please suggest any precautions/changes that are required so that we, the consumers, do not face problems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks