Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2021, 13:05   #4756
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is now available under "Lifetime Free Offer" with no joining/annual charges.

The Credit Card Thread-tb1.jpg
  1. With a flat 1.5% cashback on all online and offline transactions, this makes one of the best entry-level cards available around.
  2. The card also offers 5% unlimited cashback on purchases at Flipkart and Myntra.
  3. Further, flat 4% unlimited cashback is offered on Swiggy, cure.fit, PVR, Uber and Tata Sky.

Link
gischethans is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 16:13   #4757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is now available under "Lifetime Free Offer" with no joining/annual charges.
So this goes head-on against the Amazon Pay ICICI card and provides 0.5% more cashback on non-partner payments. Considering that it's life-time free and has a tempting cashback program, I have just applied for one. The online application process was smooth since it's being handled by Flipkart. I have scheduled the document pickup for tomorrow morning, lets see how it goes. Here are some more important details from their FAQ section:

Key Benefits:
5% cashback for spends on Flipkart*, Myntra platforms
4% cashback for spends on preferred merchants (Swiggy, Uber, PVR, Curefit, Tata Sky)
1.5% cashback for spends on all other merchants
Four complimentary domestic lounge access visits (limited to one per calendar quarter)
1% Fuel surcharge waiver up to Rs. 500 per month
*Spends on Flipkart Smartstore ('Bills and Recharges' section) will accrue 1.5% cashback

Cashback shall not be eligible for following spends/transactions on the Card:
Fuel Spends
Purchase of gift cards on Flipkart, Myntra platforms
EMI transactions
Purchases converted to EMI post facto
Wallet loading transactions
Purchase of gold items
Cash advances
Payment of outstanding balances
Payment of card fees and other card charges

There are some welcome benefits also which I didn't find too useful. It maybe useful for others though.

Source: FAQ

Last edited by Funny : 6th September 2021 at 16:18.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 16:36   #4758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
*Spends on Flipkart Smartstore ('Bills and Recharges' section) will accrue 1.5% cashback
[/url]
I don't see 'Smartstore' option in the app. Any idea how to get it activated?
Old 6th September 2021, 18:53   #4759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post
Wow, this is interesting! The only reason why some people weren't opting it was due to the joining/annual charges. This should give Axis bank a big bump for the card. Heck, even I'm looking to apply one!

Quote:
Considering that it's life-time free and has a tempting cashback program, I have just applied for one. The online application process was smooth since it's being handled by Flipkart.
Is it already available to apply on Flipkart or did you apply it through Axis bank's website?

I just tried going to the link shared by gischethans but it shows Coming Soon once you log-in.
Old 6th September 2021, 20:13   #4760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Is it already available to apply on Flipkart or did you apply it through Axis bank's website?

I just tried going to the link shared by gischethans but it shows Coming Soon once you log-in.
I had applied through the Flipkart app. The weblink I shared also indicates (at my end) that a link would be sent to the phone to proceed with the application process. I believe, "Coming Soon" indicates that they are opening up in phases just like ICICI did for Amazon Pay initially.

But my story just got longer - Living in a small town, I am having a hard time getting the KYC part done i.e., document pickup. Based on their Twitter support's direction, I tried visiting their local branch but apparently, they don't have access to take credit card applications/documents. Post escalation on Twitter, their sales team contacted me but requested to visit a branch ~30 km away to submit documents. I am not keen on doing that. Not sure why they are not offering a Video KYC option as ICICI does for Amazon Pay. There are some YouTube videos with the application screen showing the Video KYC option even for Flipkart Axis credit card but I don't see it.
Old 6th September 2021, 21:08   #4761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Looks like it's not available for all locations. For my location, it gave an 'Apply now' option which sent a SMS on my phone with the link to application process.
Also in the final step it said that they will give an initial credit limit which will be auto-enhanced after 6 months based on my usage and payment history. This seems similar to APay ICICI card process which means that the initial limit is going to be very conservative and I need to wait 6 months for it to get increased to a decent limit.
Old 7th September 2021, 11:52   #4762
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for suggestions on No annual fee/Lifetime free Credit Card options with best cashback/rewards offers. Also, would it be possible to do a balance transfer from current card ? Have had the current card for several years, but with the impending exit of Citibank cards from the Indian market, does it make sense to switch now ?
Old 7th September 2021, 12:03   #4763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Looking for suggestions on No annual fee/Lifetime free Credit Card options with best cashback/rewards offers. Also, would it be possible to do a balance transfer from current card ? Have had the current card for several years, but with the impending exit of Citibank cards from the Indian market, does it make sense to switch now ?
I'd say wait. Citibank's credit Card business might be acquired by either HDFC, Kotak, DBS or ICICI and you can switch then as well.

As for the first query: The Axis Flipkart, lifetime free card, posted above seems pretty good.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 11:52   #4764
BHPian

Quote:
I have scheduled the document pickup for tomorrow morning, lets see how it goes.
Update:
No agent was assigned to pickup the document in-spite of scheduling the same in the Flipkart application page and hence no one turned up for it. It still says document pick-up scheduled for 7th Sept 11AM-1PM, I think they forgot to mention the year, maybe it's September of 2022
I called Axis customer care and they said that I need to wait up-to 14 working days to get a call from their end to schedule a pick-up of documents. Then what was the schedule option in Flipkart application process for? As expected, there is no coordination between the tech company and the bank. The bank will take its own sweet time to process the application from their end, Flipkart can only do so much. Now I feel, Amazon had a better integration with ICICI bank when compared to FK-Axis.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 12:13   #4765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Pls hold on. The Citibank -- IOC card is the best as far as the rewards points are concerned(specifically for fuel purchases)

For every Rs.150/- spent on fuel, you get 4 reward points. Further, each reward point is equal to a Re.1/- when you redeem the reward points for fuel. I have not seen any other card which provides value of reward points as high as this.

Most likely, Citi India will be taken over by DBS/HDFC. Lets then see what changes happen on the cards side.

PS; If you hold a Citi IOC card and have adequate points for redemption, kindly redeem it soon.
Anees_Offl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 12:16   #4766
BHPian

Which SBI card is best for purchases on Amazon or Flipkart?
Old 8th September 2021, 12:27   #4767
BHPian

I have been using a SBI Simply click card for 8 months. It is mainly aimed at online use.
Old 8th September 2021, 13:37   #4768
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
I called Axis customer care and they said that I need to wait up-to 14 working days to get a call from their end to schedule a pick-up of documents.
My documents haven't been picked up either. Being in a small town, matters are worse. Wasn't able to schedule an appointment and Twitter support asked me to visit a branch but the local branch does not have the rights to take credit card applications. On escalation through Twitter, the matter reached the sales team who requested me to visit different branches elsewhere - declined that possibility today. I was also told that due to the change from MasterCard to Visa platform for this card, they are awaiting an app update from their end. Hence, another 1-2 days for app update after which they will try arranging a visit for me.
gischethans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 13:45   #4769
BHPian

The Credit Card Thread-716x298.jpg

HDFC Bank now offers a ₹1500 Amazon Voucher along with a life-time free offer. I was shown Regalia and few other Intermiles cards when I tried signing up. On the application page, while choosing the Regalia card, under 'Know More' the old condition of having to spend ₹1 lakh in 90 days was shown for the card to be LTF but the application home page had these conditions. I am hoping they honour these conditions!
  1. The gift voucher and Life-time Free offer (if any) are eligible only and only if -
    - the application is completed end-to-end digitally using the 'Apply' link given here, and
    - the application is completed without any support/assistance from our bank representative either verbally or in-person, and
    - the application is completed successfully in one-go, and you receive the application reference number on the last screen, and
  2. To avail the gift voucher, you have to do minimum 3 debit transactions within 30 days of card issuance and the voucher code will be triggered within 90 days of card issuance month. For example - customer applying between 1-31st Jan will receive the voucher code by 31st March.
  3. On fulfilling criteria no. 1, your card will be converted to LTF within 90 days of card issuance month. Please note - Under this offer, selecting add-on products (e.g. SmartPay/Card Sure/ Prepaid Card/Fastag) is optional Lifetime free pricing offer is not applicable on Infinia, Diners Black and other co-brand retail cards (e.g. variants of Indigo, Times and Intermiles card)
Old 8th September 2021, 13:59   #4770
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anees_Offl View Post
PS; If you hold a Citi IOC card and have adequate points for redemption, kindly redeem it soon.
It's not the Citi IOC card, but the the Citibank rewards card, but yes I will hold on till there's more clarity.

Over the years, I've had other credit cards, but gradually gave them all up and have just this one now.

Does it still make sense to go for the Amazon pay ICICI card since it's a lifetime free/no joining fee card ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks