Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2021, 09:52   #4681
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
The way I see it is:
...10% saving. On an annual basis this really stacks up
You & I probably in the same boat on spending; this "annual basis" simply don't make any sense, it's hardly anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
The key I think is not to get hooked to earning rewards and cashbacks, rather to learn to get rewarded for spending things we need. Rather than spending to get rewards
Somehow I get a feeling these reward points are peanuts; even if it sponsors for an abroad trip, that should be occurring once or worst case twice a lifetime unless one spends like hell. And, if one is able to spend so much, these free miles hardly matter to them!!
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 11:19   #4682
Senior - BHPian

Credit cards are a boon for business travelers. Airfare, Hotels F&B are all part of International business executive (albeit higher management onward). The number of points and/or airline miles collected by a few of my acquaintances is mind boggling. Whole families travel abroad on points!

Regarding mere mortals like us, credit cards are a boon or bane depending on your habits. Just like all thing in life you can take maximum advantage of a credit card or let the card take advantage of you. The ball is in your court.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 12:42   #4683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
So you are saying that by simply spending around 7 lakhs on these cards, one will get enough rewards points to be able to get a business class ticket to Europe? Is this some specific targeted spending on certain categories?
Yes. Very much possible with HDFC Infinia / DCB. Basically, one needs to know how the reward multiplier can be utilized to your benefit. I can give you a lot of calculations but just putting some basic stuff.

A Business Class Ticket to Europe needs 109,000 Points + 15,000 Rs. Taxes & Surcharges

HDFC Offers 10X Rewards on Amazon, Flipkart, Big Basket, Croma & many many more brand Gift Voucher (Capping of 5000 Rs. per month for Amazon & Flipkart only).

- Amazon Vouchers are used for Bill Payments. Mobile, Landline, Internet, Electricity & Other Utilities. Buy 5000 Rs. worth Amazon Voucher and at the end of the year you have 19,800 Miles on Rs. 60,000 Spent on basic stuff

- Similarly, Groceries through Big Basket, Grofers, Flipkart etc. 5000 Rs. a Month. Another 19,800 Miles on Rs. 60,000 spent on your day to day stuff

- Electronics Purchase - A family of Three needs one new phone in the house every year. Assuming you buy on an avg. a new phone worth 15,000 via Croma (Croma Price Matches Amazon), that 5000 Miles

- HDFC Runs Insurance 5X offers regularly with about 2000 Bonus Points. Any Insurance premium about 12000 Rs. gets you 2000 Points

- Festive Shopping - Almost all major brands covered under HDFC Infinia / DCB 10X via Gyftr. Yearly 15,000 Rs. worth of Shopping I assume (For a family of 3) - 5000 Miles

- About 15,000 Rs. worth of Amazon or Flipkart Purchases (Non-Groceries) through the year - 2500 Miles.

- Dining - Approx. 15,000 Rs in a Year - 2X on Dining on Infinia or 10X on Home Delivery via Swiggy - 1000-5000 Miles

- 2-3 nights mini vacation book through HDFC Smartbuy Hotels (Backend is Cleartrip or Yatra) and you get 10X on that. Again a simple 3 Nights hotel stay or Flight booking of 15,000 Rs will get you 5000 Miles.

You have already accumulated Approx. 60,000 Miles on spends of just under Rs. 2.2 Lacs

Then there are school fees in case of kids at home, rent payment if staying in a rented house, fuel purchase and few other basic stuff which you will be paying regardless of any offers or not. These are basic spending. So you see I haven't gone out for any outrageous spending and still achieving the miles on regular spends.

You need to have the right mix of cards to achieve this easily. Like Amex Plat. Travel will give you 48,000 Points on 4 Lacs spends annually and a Rs. 10,000 worth Taj Voucher too. These 48,000 Points translate to 24,000 Miles. Same Way, Citi Prestige on spending 4 Lacs will give you 16,000 Miles.

The possibilities are endless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Hi, Thanks for the detailed response. The cards you have listed, are they only useful for if I am a frequent flyer (to which I am not!)?
This has nothing to do with you being a frequent flyer or not. You just need to have registered for the Frequent Flyer membership to transfer the points from credit card to FF Membership account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Are there any lifetime free cards which offer airport lounge access? I am using a SC Titanium and ICICI Amazon CCs. However, neither is accepted at the Plaza Premium Lounge at the Indira Gandhi Airport, New Delhi.
Check Debit Cards. Some Debit cards too offer lounge access.
tejas08 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 12:24   #4684
BHPian

Can anyone help me with how to get password of internet banking related to amazon pay icici bank credit card? I am trying to generate password by userid & registered phone but it's showing some security error try again after one day. I am not able to register in imobile app as well as i don't have any debit card or internet banking password. Customer care is clueless regarding this. My main objective is to enable online transactions which as per CC can only be done via internet banking or imobile.
Old 1st August 2021, 12:42   #4685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Can anyone help me with how to get password of internet banking related to amazon pay icici bank credit card? I am trying to generate password by userid & registered phone but it's showing some security error try again after one day. I am not able to register in imobile app as well as i don't have any debit card or internet banking password. Customer care is clueless regarding this. My main objective is to enable online transactions which as per CC can only be done via internet banking or imobile.
Had faced this with my Citi Credit Card. You'll have to create a new account via Netbanking site. Please check for a Register/New User option on the ICICI portal.
Old 1st August 2021, 14:00   #4686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Had faced this with my Citi Credit Card. You'll have to create a new account via Netbanking site. Please check for a Register/New User option on the ICICI portal.
Problem has been resolved. I had a dormant account in icici which was linked to the same mobile number. So the new credit card was automatically linked to the same account. Somehow remembered the account details & it's working fine now.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 16:07   #4687
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Are there any lifetime free cards which offer airport lounge access? I am using a SC Titanium and ICICI Amazon CCs. However, neither is accepted at the Plaza Premium Lounge at the Indira Gandhi Airport, New Delhi.
Look for Visa Signature cards, visa signature has a list of lounges which all those variant holders have access to.

Among free ones, I think IDFC has launched a new card which is good. Every bank should have a signature variant which it gives to account holders so you can check with your bank as well.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 14:46   #4688
BHPian

How do we get 5% cashback in icici bank amazon pay card? I have made a few transactions in amazon with the said card but i am yet to receive any cashback in amazon pay. From what i know, the cashback gets credited once the bill is generated for the month. Mine bill was generated yesterday but i haven't received any cashback yet. Shall i raise a complaint in customer care?
Old 6th August 2021, 15:03   #4689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How do we get 5% cashback in icici bank amazon pay card?
The cashback is deposited in the Amazon Pay account; generally very prompt.
Old 6th August 2021, 15:11   #4690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The cashback is deposited in the Amazon Pay account; generally very prompt.
Is it deposited at the end of billing cycle? My billing cycle was over yesterday but i haven't received any cashback yet.
Old 6th August 2021, 15:17   #4691
BHPian

Quote:
Is it deposited at the end of billing cycle? My billing cycle was over yesterday but i haven't received any cashback yet.
I get the cashback almost at the exact same moment the statement is generated and I get the sms about the amount due.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 15:29   #4692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is deposited on the day of billing, that is , the day you receive the credit card bill in your email id.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 16:18   #4693
BHPian

Quote:
From what i know, the cashback gets credited once the bill is generated for the month. Mine bill was generated yesterday but i haven't received any cashback yet. Shall i raise a complaint in customer care?
In my case, most of the times the cashback gets credited within 1-2 days from the day I receive the statement on my email. So I suggest you to wait for 2 working days at-least before contacting them.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 10:46   #4694
MSC
BHPian

Quote:
How do we get 5% cashback in icici bank amazon pay card?
A small reminder. 5% cashback is valid only if you have a Prime membership. Otherwise is 3% cashback credited directly to your Amazon pay account.
It is usually credited on same day of statement generation.
As mentioned by fellow BHPian, you do get a sms notification as well. Wait a while & if nothing happens in a day or two, then contact customer support.
Old 7th August 2021, 11:26   #4695
BHPian

I am facing a peculiar situation. I have been using a SC Titanium CC since 2016. The card was due for expiry in July 2021. A replacement card was sent by the bank in last week of May 2021. However, since I had shifted in March 2021 and was unable to update the correspondence address on record, the card was not delivered by Blue Dart and returned. I eventually updated my address with the bank and requested a new replacement card in the last week of July 2021.

A replacement card was delivered yesterday. However, Blue Dart also delivered the initial replacement card (that was returned in May 2021 because of address change). Now I have two SC Titanium card's with the same number, CVV and expiry dates. The only thing that is different is the 'Valid from' date.

I have contacted SC and updated them about this situation today. They have promised to revert within 24 hrs.

Has anyone else faced such a situation? If yes, how was is resolved?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks