Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2021, 14:23   #4546
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Anyone got this additional 1000 MR points for 20,000 spend milestone?
It says this for me in the account:
I got 1000MR points for 20k monthly spends. Points to be noted :
1. 20k spend is calculated for a calendar month and not for a cycle period.
2. Amex servers are based in US. So take time zone difference into account. I transact on 2nd of every month onwards for Amex.
3. 20k spend MR points are given on T+1 month basis. So if you spend 20k in June 2021,you will get 1k points in July 2021.
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 15:04   #4547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I got 1000MR points for 20k monthly spends. Points to be noted :
1. 20k spend is calculated for a calendar month and not for a cycle period.
2. Amex servers are based in US. So take time zone difference into account. I transact on 2nd of every month onwards for Amex.
3. 20k spend MR points are given on T+1 month basis. So if you spend 20k in June 2021,you will get 1k points in July 2021.
This is for April, so that's not an issue. I guess i need to contact Amex support.
Old 19th June 2021, 17:17   #4548
BHPian

Quote:
I got it for the first time in the latest statement.
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 15:31   #4549
BHPian

Quote:
It says this for me in the account:
I just checked my points statement and I am confused. For Apr, I met both targets, 20k total txn as well as the four 1.5k txns and I see the below two bonus credits:

Quote:
Date Description Amount Base Points Bonus Points Total Points
13/05/2021 MR Offer January'21 MR Points 0 2,500 2,500
11/05/2021 PAYTM.COM WALLET PG 2.0 NOIDA Rs1,500.00 1,000 1,030
On the txn for 30/5, there is "Expand section" and I see "Indicative Bonus 0MR on completing INR 20k spend MRCC" not sure what that means and why it is 0.

I guess the 1000 points are for the four 1.5k txns in Apr and 2500 points are for the reward multiplier offer back in Jan/Feb, so there is no bonus for meeting the 20k total. I guess I too need to contact them.
haridsv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 18:13   #4550
BHPian

If I pay insurance via the insurer site using Amazon Pay and in turn using ICICI Amazon Pay card - Am I eligible for the 2% unlimited cash back they offer?

I tried paying via the Amazon site but somehow it kept saying no overdue payment even after the due date was passed by a day!
Old 21st June 2021, 19:50   #4551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
If I pay insurance via the insurer site using Amazon Pay and in turn using ICICI Amazon Pay card - Am I eligible for the 2% unlimited cash back they offer?
I am not sure, but I think you will get only 1% cashback that way since Amazon is merely acting as a Payment Gateway and APay ICICI card will be treated like any regular card for the transaction.
Is it giving you the option to pay using Amazon Pay Wallet Balance? If so, then you can load up your wallet using your APay ICICI card for which you will get the 2% cashback.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:08   #4552
Oxy
BHPian

Just thought of letting folks here know a piece of information about the no cost EMI on HDFC Bank credit cards.

Flipkart has an ongoing offer where they are giving an additional discount of Rs.500 (compared to the discount on non EMI payment) if you opt for no cost EMI. Please do not fall for this.

I just called the bank to ask if there are any hidden charges, and they told me it will attract a processing fee of Rs.199 plus GST. Also there will be an addition 5% GST on the product cost.

So it's better to opt for the normal discount instead.
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:47   #4553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Is it giving you the option to pay using Amazon Pay Wallet Balance? If so, then you can load up your wallet using your APay ICICI card for which you will get the 2% cashback.
That’s interesting. I did use wallet as payment option, which means money got added to wallet (can be seen in wallet transactions) then paid that to the insurer. So effectively card added money to wallet which paid insurer via gateway.

Let me check in app after couple of days to see if it added any points.
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:01   #4554
BHPian

Quote:
That’s interesting. I did use wallet as payment option, which means money got added to wallet (can be seen in wallet transactions) then paid that to the insurer. So effectively card added money to wallet which paid insurer via gateway.

Let me check in app after couple of days to see if it added any points.
If you have done this, then you should get 2% cashback. Because, I have done the payment through this method so many times from FTH Daily and Pharmeasy. And I have got 2% cashback from these transactions.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 21:51   #4555
BHPian

Quote:

I tried paying via the Amazon site but somehow it kept saying no overdue payment even after the due date was passed by a day!
On Amazon app, they have now added option to pay insurance from the app itself. You would get 2% cash back. I paid LIC and Aditya Birla Policies and got 2% cash back.
fazayal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 22:40   #4556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazayal View Post
On Amazon app, they have now added option to pay insurance from the app itself. You would get 2% cash back. I paid LIC and Aditya Birla Policies and got 2% cash back.
When it comes to Insurance payment, cashback is not consistent. Even though they have mentioned it as 2%, I have received 5% cashback twice and 2% on other 3 times. Initially I thought that it is happening for me alone. But when I checked with my friend, he said even he got 5% once.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 23:04   #4557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
When it comes to Insurance payment, cashback is not consistent. Even though they have mentioned it as 2%, I have received 5% cashback twice and 2% on other 3 times. Initially I thought that it is happening for me alone. But when I checked with my friend, he said even he got 5% once.
It used to be 5% initially for all bill payments done through Amazon app. They changed it to 2% in between but still gave 5% for some bills. That is now corrected and they also reversed the additional 3% in subsequent bills.

I had received less cash back for couple of months and when I queried, I was told it was due to this reversal.
fazayal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 14:13   #4558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I was using Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum since 2010. But over the years their points, rewards, cashbacks, offers became very poor (in comparison to other banks). On top of that, in last two years, SCB denied the waiver on Annual Fees, even though my spending way above the minimum limit. However, it was their rude customer support that really pissed me off.
Can you help me with the procedure to terminate the SCB card? There is no option available online and their customer care number is keeping me on hold forever.
Old 25th June 2021, 14:48   #4559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Can you help me with the procedure to terminate the SCB card? There is no option available online and their customer care number is keeping me on hold forever.
Asked SC to close my card account by sending an email to card.services@sc.com late last year. There was obviously a bit of back & forth on the reasons but it was closed in about a month or so. Had to follow-up with them to confirm the account closure again (post one month of receiving a message that account has been closed) since the marketing messages were still being received.
anivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 16:18   #4560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haridsv View Post
I just checked my points statement and I am confused. For Apr, I met both targets, 20k total txn as well as the four 1.5k txns ... there is no bonus for meeting the 20k total. I guess I too need to contact them.
I finally contacted using the chat in mobile app and they acknowledged that there is an issue as can be seen in the attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-screenshot_20210627151354_amex-.jpg  

haridsv is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks