Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2022, 16:00   #6046
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
A query to the credit card experts here. I have an Axis Bank Flipkart credit card with a relatively low credit limit of 40k. But on Flipkart the MacBook Pro M1 Max has a high cash back close to 15k for the axis card. Now the question I have is will I be able to make the purchase by prepaying the full laptop amount to the card and keeping the card at negative credit. Thanks in advance
Yes, it can be done. I have done something similar sometime back with a HSBC credit card
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 16:03   #6047
BHPian

Looking for some advice on how to raise a chargeback request for a transaction I did recently with Tata Cliq.

They shipped me a damaged piece of clothing and as the item is not returnable they are refusing to do anything about it. The damage is a few threads coming out causing one seam/stitch to come loose. But they have the audacity to say it’s just a few threads loose and no damage hence no refund as the item itself is not returnable.

So my question is, is there a way of requesting a chargeback with my credit card company (ICICI Amazon Pay CC) for faulty goods being provided? If so, how do I go about it? I have all the correspondence between Tata Cliq and myself (twitter chat). Item value is 4k.

Suggestion’s appreciated, thanks.
Old 11th December 2022, 10:20   #6048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Looking for some advice on how to raise a chargeback request for a transaction I did recently with Tata Cliq.

They shipped me a damaged piece of clothing and as the item is not returnable they are refusing to do anything about it. The damage is a few threads coming out causing one seam/stitch to come loose. But they have the audacity to say it’s just a few threads loose and no damage hence no refund as the item itself is not returnable.

So my question is, is there a way of requesting a chargeback with my credit card company (ICICI Amazon Pay CC) for faulty goods being provided? If so, how do I go about it? I have all the correspondence between Tata Cliq and myself (twitter chat). Item value is 4k.

Suggestion’s appreciated, thanks.
That is why I patronise Amazon primarily and Flipkark occasionally. They have a good return policy (even for no return items), once you can show them that the goods are damaged or substandard.

You can raise a "dispute" with the Credit Card company and state the reasons with images. If they accept that there is a genuine dispute, then you are in luck. Otherwise you are stuck with the goods.

Be careful next time you buy "non-returnable" items on the net. Though not always, but at time they ship marginally defective goods and do not take them back.

I had a case of buying a IDE DVD Player from Amazon. It was non returnable. When I told them that it is defective, Amazon just returned the money and told me to keep the player as the seller did not want it back.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 13:11   #6049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
If you have ICICI Fastag, create an HP Pay Account and link the two. ICICI Fastag can be loaded using Amazon Pay
Tejas, does this still work? I have HP pay and ICICI fastag but did not find an option to load fastag with Amazon Pay balance. Looks like upi is the only option as of now.

Anybody has been able to find any workaround? My fuel spends are around 60k per annum. Currently paying using credit card without any reward point - I do get fuel surcharge waiver though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 11th December 2022, 13:23   #6050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Jeeper View Post
Tejas, does this still work? I have HP pay and ICICI fastag but did not find an option to load fastag with Amazon Pay balance. Looks like upi is the only option as of now.
Do it from ICICI Fastag Website and not Amazon App / website
tejas08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 00:37   #6051

Hi @tejas,

I had read your post a few pages back on Axis magnus. I was able to get hold of one a few days back.

Would it be possible for you to guide me on how best to use it for getting flights as rewards ? I have a few major expenses coming up and would like to use a CC to get the maximum benefit to get some flights (maybe business class ? ) out of it.

I also have a diners black and amex platinum travel card. Do let me know what would be the best way to go about it.
Thanks.
Old 14th December 2022, 10:22   #6052
BHPian

An update on HDFC Smartbuy Redeem rewards.
Now, we cannot redeem our points to buy Amazon Pay e-Gift Cards. We can only redeem them for Amazon Shopping Vouchers. I noticed this today when I tried to redeem my points.
In fact, I did not even know the difference between ‘gift card’ and ‘shopping vouchers’ until I redeemed it today.
We cannot use this voucher for the below listed categories.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-capture.jpg  

kavensri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 10:27   #6053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
An update on HDFC Smartbuy Redeem rewards.
Now, we cannot redeem our points to buy Amazon Pay e-Gift Cards. We can only redeem them for Amazon Shopping Vouchers. I noticed this today when I tried to redeem my points.
In fact, I did not even know the difference between ‘gift card’ and ‘shopping vouchers’ until I redeemed it today.
We cannot use this voucher for the below listed categories.
There is Amazon Shopping Vouchers and Amazon Pay eGift cards. The shopping vouchers cannot be used for other categories like you mentioned.
Amazon pay egift cards can be used as before.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 10:32   #6054
BHPian

As I mentioned above, I was not aware of this vouchers thing.
But for me, the biggest impact is, now i cannot use these points to do bill payments in Amazon. Till last month I was able to redeem my points to buy AP e-gift card, which they have stopped now.
Old 15th December 2022, 11:09   #6055
BHPian

Pay Income tax via credit card

It's TDS for most of the salaried class but for those who are not and those who planned investments but could not and owe taxes, this can be a good way to reach your spend milestones.

Quote:
You can now pay your income tax in India with a credit card for anywhere between 0.47% to 0.85% surcharge (ex GST). MasterCard, Visa and Rupay credit cards are enabled, and American Express does not work for these transactions.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 16:31   #6056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroodVarun View Post
Hi @tejas,

I had read your post a few pages back on Axis magnus. I was able to get hold of one a few days back.

Would it be possible for you to guide me on how best to use it for getting flights as rewards ? I have a few major expenses coming up and would like to use a CC to get the maximum benefit to get some flights (maybe business class ? ) out of it.

I also have a diners black and amex platinum travel card. Do let me know what would be the best way to go about it.
Thanks.
Difficult to explain everything over here. Its a lot of content. I am not sure if TeamBHP would allow me to post it here but I have a lot of Twitter Threads on Credit Cards & Travel Redemptions in general. If you would just search for Tejas Ghongadi, you should be able to find my twitter handle and lots on information alongwith it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
As I mentioned above, I was not aware of this vouchers thing.
But for me, the biggest impact is, now i cannot use these points to do bill payments in Amazon. Till last month I was able to redeem my points to buy AP e-gift card, which they have stopped now.
Smartbuy still has Amazon Pay Gift Cards too. So you arent losing any benefit of HDFC Cards. Just that you need to select between the two types of Amazon Gift Cards now.

Last edited by tejas08 : 15th December 2022 at 16:32. Reason: Ad
tejas08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 16:42   #6057

Is there a good "master post" on this thread/ forum by someone around navigating Indias CC landscape?
Old 16th December 2022, 09:46   #6058
BHPian

Re: Pay Income tax via credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
It's TDS for most of the salaried class but for those who are not and those who planned investments but could not and owe taxes, this can be a good way to reach your spend milestones.
This would have been a good way to accumulate points.
HDFC is stopping paying rewards points for spends on Govt portals from Jan 1st.
And my primary cards are HDFC & Amex :-(
Old 16th December 2022, 11:49   #6059
BHPian

I have a query/confusion regarding Gyftr reward points. On Nov 17 I bought 10K worth of amazon pay vouchers and added to amazon pay wallet. That went through smoothly. Now the billing date on my HDFC credit card is 15. Today, i.e. Dec 16, I checked the statement and it only has the regular points. No mention of any bonus reward points that come with the Gyftr voucher purchase. So, how long does it take for the points to reflect or am I missing something here?

The card is Regalia.
Old 16th December 2022, 12:06   #6060
BHPian

Need help from the gurus in best utilization of the credit cards I have currently have :

1. Axis Bank My Zone card : The oldest card among the lot. Gave it to wife as she doesn't have any. She uses this for her sundry shopping.

2. Standard Chartered Manhattan Card : I use this card as a back up or if there are any EMI purchases to make.

3. ICICI Sapphiro : Got it last year, other than the book my show 1+1 ticket offer I don't see any value with this card. Even the reward points are quite low compared to the others I hold. Use it for fuel and places Amex is not accepted.

3. American Express Membership Rewards card : Was issued by Amex as I hold two corporate cards. The least accepted card as you all are aware. Every year when it's time for renewal I call them to terminate the card but they end up waiving the charges. This happened twice. I try to use it as much as possible wherever it is accepted.

Please suggest the best way to use them.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed