Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2022, 11:16   #6091
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have been offered Infinia Metalic. Free for the first year and spent-based reversal for the subsequent year. I may be able to get the annual fee reversed by better card management.
There has been some discussion of Diners Black being devalued. Infinia used to be at the same level as Diners right?
Is this too devalued?
Old 29th December 2022, 12:11   #6092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
As per the latest comments in https://www.cardexpert.in/sbi-cashba...t-card-review/ from today, SBI is giving only 1% cashback for Amazon gift cards
Looks like they realized that too many people were using the Card for paying Insurance amounts via this workaround and hence blocked it...
Old 29th December 2022, 12:49   #6093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
As per the latest comments in https://www.cardexpert.in/sbi-cashba...t-card-review/ from today, SBI is giving only 1% cashback for Amazon gift cards
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Looks like they realized that too many people were using the Card for paying Insurance amounts via this workaround and hence blocked it...
Any idea how they are doing it? I have the card and the statement only gets an entry with description "Amazon Pay India Pvt. Ltd." whether I buy a gift card or buy products or use it for utilities payments.
Old 29th December 2022, 22:04   #6094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Any idea how they are doing it? I have the card and the statement only gets an entry with description "Amazon Pay India Pvt. Ltd."
I don’t have any insider information, but I would guess that there is a lot more data sharing going on in the backend. What you see on your statement is probably not even the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
Old 30th December 2022, 00:38   #6095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Any idea how they are doing it? I have the card and the statement only gets an entry with description "Amazon Pay India Pvt. Ltd." whether I buy a gift card or buy products or use it for utilities payments.
Could be by Merchant Category Codes. I believe the merchant is obligated to tag the Category Code correctly if they are providing different services. Insurance might have a different MCC from the marketplace shopping.
Old 1st January 2023, 20:48   #6096
BHPian

For some weird reason I see a debit of about Rs. 2185 on the SBI Cashback card on the 31st.

The description given is Statement DB - RP Forfeit for CBK Offer. I am confused here because this is a cashback card. So where did I get rewards points from?

Also, how did they auto forfeit in just months and even if they did why is it being shown as a statement debit?
Attached Images

Old 1st January 2023, 22:39   #6097
BHPian

This was shared in one group:
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-img_20230101_223832_294.jpg  

NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 10:20   #6098
Distinguished - BHPian

Amex has cut down on member benefits big time. I was just told that my annual fee waiver will not happen on request (as it has been for at least the past 3 years that I can recall) but will need to be traded in for points. Effective cost is around 1800/- instead of the 5000/- they charge normally so it’s not that bad but still, it’s disappointing. I told the agent and she was actually quite open about it, saying that Amex had been banned from acquiring new customers by the RBI for a while and that coupled with the pandemic slowdown had prompted this move.

Am thinking whether I need to maintain my Amex card anymore. While the service is incomparable, I can’t imagine paying for a card in this day and age. All my other cards are LTF.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:01   #6099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
This was shared in one group:
That's it though. This is a cashback card. It doesn't have a reward structure as far as I know. In fact I dislike cards with reward points structure (which is a reason I don't like to use my HDFC Millennia).

I am not clear on how a cashback card has been debited for reward points.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 12:14   #6100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Am thinking whether I need to maintain my Amex card anymore. While the service is incomparable, I can’t imagine paying for a card in this day and age.
I had the AmEx Platinum Reserve that I cancelled last year since it was hardly used (my primary card has been the Infinia). AmEx was keen to waive the annual fee during the Covid years, considering the lack of spending / RBI ban. But now, not so much. If you are keen to retain the card, and not lose points, one way is to ask them to take off the benefits: esp. the lounge access and golf benefits.
Old 2nd January 2023, 16:18   #6101
BHPian

Guys need advice on what is the best card for fueling ? I have a commercial vehicle, spend is about 20k per month on diesel refilling. What's the best way to get max cashback or points. Please note, this is going to be handed over to the driver in a different city so i won't be able to keep possession of the card.
Old 2nd January 2023, 19:17   #6102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
That's it though. This is a cashback card. It doesn't have a reward structure as far as I know. In fact I dislike cards with reward points structure (which is a reason I don't like to use my HDFC Millennia).

I am not clear on how a cashback card has been debited for reward points.
I also do not know how/what/why this was done. I have BPCL octane and they deducted 44 RP. I had only one purchase on Amazon of around 4400. That's the only non-fuel expenditure on the card.

Last edited by NG_EV : 2nd January 2023 at 19:20.
Old 3rd January 2023, 13:51   #6103

hi
i have an infinia card, as i was trying to book air ticket for my upcoming travel faced this issue.

smart buy des not offer flexible plus fare. it only offer basic option, i went to travel site there all the options are available.

need advice regarding the same as i was saving my reward points for this trip and also want to be immune from any last minute change.

thanx
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-smartbuy1.png  

Attached Images

Old 3rd January 2023, 14:10   #6104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I had the AmEx Platinum Reserve that I cancelled last year since it was hardly used (my primary card has been the Infinia). AmEx was keen to waive the annual fee during the Covid years, considering the lack of spending / RBI ban. But now, not so much. If you are keen to retain the card, and not lose points, one way is to ask them to take off the benefits: esp. the lounge access and golf benefits.
That's an expensive card: 60K fees per annum IIRC. Mine is the basic gold charge card. Acceptance is low in most places so I mostly use it online these days. But it has no lounge access or golf benefits.
Old 3rd January 2023, 14:53   #6105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
That's an expensive card: 60K fees per annum IIRC.
No no. That's the Platinum Charge card. The Plat Reserve is 10k fees; had it just for the AmEx Lounge access (which is WAY better than what the lounges have now become).
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks