Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2023, 11:40   #6241
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Recharged my Paytm wallet with my Amex credit card. There was a convenience fee of 2.25%, which adds up to 2.65% with GST. It was a little on the higher side, but there are no other wallets that accept Amex cards.

Amazon pay gift cards can be purchased, but that balance cannot be used like UPI balance - can be used for bill payments and amazon purchases only. Tried recharging Amazon Pay wallet - but that does not accept any credit cards (not just Amex)

Still searching for avenues to effectively use my Amex card.
Old 21st February 2023, 11:41   #6242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Thanks, I agree and have learned my lesson but unfortunately got burned in the process.

Do I have any options with my credit card company to raise a chargeback request or a dispute?
You can definitely raise a dispute for goods / services not rendered with your credit card (CC) issuer. Once the dispute is raised and acknowledged, the CC issuer will issue a provisional credit to your account pending investigation. They will then seek response from merchant and in case the merchant does not provide proof of delivery of goods / services rendered, the credit will remain with you.
roamer012 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 11:45   #6243
BHPian

has Citibank stopped points redemption for fuel at IOCL option? I have the Citbank IndianOil card and for the last few months, I am not getting the option to pay for fuel using the points.

On another note, what is the general perspective here about continuing with Citibank cards after a full merger with Axis? I am keen to switch to some other card with another bank and don't want to continue with Axis.
Old 21st February 2023, 14:49   #6244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
has Citibank stopped points redemption for fuel at IOCL option? I have the Citbank IndianOil card and for the last few months, I am not getting the option to pay for fuel using the points.
Earlier we used to get SMS to make eligible payments using reward points. Nowadays I am not getting SMS message.

But we can do this from Citibank online. Click on Redeem Rewards and select pay with points.

All your eligible transactions will list there
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-p1.jpg  

The Credit Card Thread-p2.jpg  

kavu75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 19:41   #6245
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Recharged my Paytm wallet with my Amex credit card. There was a convenience fee of 2.25%, which adds up to 2.65% with GST. It was a little on the higher side, but there are no other wallets that accept Amex cards.

Amazon pay gift cards can be purchased, but that balance cannot be used like UPI balance - can be used for bill payments and amazon purchases only. Tried recharging Amazon Pay wallet - but that does not accept any credit cards (not just Amex)

You can use wallet payments (not recharge) on Amazon Pay / Paytm /PhonePe without convenience fee for some payments.

I also use Amex card at HP petrol bunks. There is no additional fee for Amex cards at HP petrol bunks.
bharanidharang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 20:54   #6246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
You can use wallet payments (not recharge) on Amazon Pay / Paytm /PhonePe without convenience fee for some payments.

I also use Amex card at HP petrol bunks. There is no additional fee for Amex cards at HP petrol bunks.
I purchased an amazon gift card, using which I have paid off my mobile and broadband bills. But isn't wallet payment linked to a bank account? I have not found a way yet to link it to a card.

The problem with fuel usage is that I am a rider. So even though my Interceptor drinks fuel by the gallons, it cannot take more than 11L - so I cannot spend reach the INR 1500 threshold
Old 22nd February 2023, 22:35   #6247
BHPian

I got my Axis Magnus credit card today thanks to the recommendation from many folks on this thread. I am not an Axis Bank Savings account holder only have the credit card. My internet login credentials dont work on traveledge portal. Any one else faced this?
Thanks in advance
Old 23rd February 2023, 00:22   #6248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
I got my Axis Magnus credit card today thanks to the recommendation from many folks on this thread. I am not an Axis Bank Savings account holder only have the credit card. My internet login credentials dont work on traveledge portal. Any one else faced this?
Thanks in advance
Facing the same issue travel edge portal doesnt consider my number as registered no. Will approach axis on chat thru their website.
Old 23rd February 2023, 09:16   #6249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
Facing the same issue travel edge portal doesnt consider my number as registered no. Will approach axis on chat thru their website.
I got it working. For credit card we need to check the Customer ID. I had got it few months back for another Axis card, by sending message CUSTID <last 4 digit of card> to +918691000002 / 56161600
this didnt work me yesterday though.
Then in axis internet banking login registration after entering the customer id, there was a tab for credit card which worked.
It took couple of hours for the login to work on traveledge site. It worked by itself eventually.
Hope this helps.
alexgv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 10:08   #6250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
CUSTID <last 4 digit of card> to +918691000002 / 56161600
to get the CUST ID for credit card, the code is CUSTIDCC <last 4 digits of card>

Thanks for the tip though. I was using the mobile app to login so far but logging on web is better.
praveen789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 16:12   #6251
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys!

Those who got the Axis Vistara Infinite card, how long did it take for the gold membership to activate and the free business ticket to be available?
Old 23rd February 2023, 23:22   #6252
BHPian

Hey bhpians,

Can someone please share me the priority redressal email ID of HDFC credit cards. My searching skills are failing me here.

I'm requesting for upgrade from Regalia to DCB and my RM is unable to help.
Old 24th February 2023, 09:21   #6253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
Hey bhpians,
Can someone please share me the priority redressal email ID of HDFC credit cards. My searching skills are failing me here.
It is - priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com
4WheelPilot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 10:57   #6254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

There is a trick to avoid this convenience fee for Paytm upto 4000 per month. Just add to your paytm wallet using a 3rd party app like Swiggy, Uber, Blusmart. I use this for 2 of my 4 1500+ transactions per month on my Amex MRCC.
learning_cars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 13:55   #6255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
Hey bhpians,

I'm requesting for upgrade from Regalia to DCB and my RM is unable to help.
What extra advantanges do you get over Regalia.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks