Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2023, 21:09   #6286
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

any CRED users here?
Thinking of using CRED mainly for credit card bill payments.
Would like to have some quick review/feedback.

I am normally trying to declutter and reduce the number or cards/apps etc. I use, unless there is real value add. So, a bit skeptical to install the CRED app (I keep on getting the Ads every now and then)
Old 6th March 2023, 23:10   #6287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Milestone benefits and your current status on it is not easily available on HDFC website for credit cards, atleast for Regalia. Even customer care guys were not able to give me those details. How do you guys check and plan your spends then?
You can also use the chatbot Eva for the same.
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 23:25   #6288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Hello,

Either keep my existing card and get an additional Regalia to use whenever Diners get rejected or second option to upgrade to Infinia with FYF. As I do not prefer to carry multiple card, I rejected first option. I did quick math and I felt like INR 12000 fees was worth it considering the additional points I may get.

Even though recently there were lot of changes to bonus points, but overall Infinia is worth the annual charges I feel.

Cheers!
HI VaibhaoT,

This is similar status as myself and mpksuhas has faced. Neither the RM or Corporate relationship team is able to get a LTF Infinia. Only option is to get it First year Free. I understand that if we send a mail to HDFC CC Grievance officer, existing HDFC regalia/DCB holder can get it First year Free.

I did see 2 issues here

1) In case it is not FYF, you get equivalent points for first year fees. But not sure if it includes GST which is 18% or Rs. 2160

2) From 2nd year onward, next year fees will be waived for annual spend of 10L (Infinia Metal) up from 8L (Infinia). Suppose we don't meet the spend limits, we need to pay up 12,000+GST but I understand points will not be credited.

So I am just holding my LTF Regalia still.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 01:00   #6289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
any CRED users here?

I am normally trying to declutter and reduce the number or cards/apps etc. I use, unless there is real value add. So, a bit skeptical to install the CRED app (I keep on getting the Ads every now and then)
I recently installed CRED for 2 reasons:
1. Single window to check and pay all credit cards dues right on time. I was using respective banking apps earlier and except for Amex rest are not clear in stating if I've paid current due unless I check the statements. It was a chore to remember the due dates.

2. I've had only BHIM for UPI payments until recently and it has become painfully slow. So far CRED has been performing excellent in comparison for UPI payments.

One caveat though - probably I didn't read the fine print - the moment I gave my phone number it pulled up my credit report from CRIF and I don't remember providing consent for the same.
Old 7th March 2023, 01:01   #6290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
any CRED users here?
Been using CRED for a long time now. I have multiple CCs and keeping track of spends and payments can be a cumbersome task, the app works flawlessly and makes my life a lot easier and regular micro-cashbacks is icing on the cake. For more detailed reviews you can use the search option on this thread with the keyword "CRED".
Old 7th March 2023, 10:41   #6291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
1) In case it is not FYF, you get equivalent points for first year fees. But not sure if it includes GST which is 18% or Rs. 2160
GST is not included in 12500/- joining/annual fees. So we pay Rs 14750/- and get 12500 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
2) From 2nd year onward, next year fees will be waived for annual spend of 10L (Infinia Metal) up from 8L (Infinia). Suppose we don't meet the spend limits, we need to pay up 12,000+GST but I understand points will not be credited.
So I am just holding my LTF Regalia still.
In website, its mentioned that we should get 12500 points if we have to pay renewal fees. Even the sales person who processed my application also mentioned the same.

Reference: HDFC
Quote:
Renewal Offer

Spend 10 lakhs or more in the preceding 12 months and get renewal membership fee waived off for next year.
Renewal benefit 12,500 Reward Points* upon fee realisation and card activation
*Terms & Conditions Apply
I agree that its better to hold Regalia than even LTF Diners Black.

Last edited by VaibhaoT : 7th March 2023 at 10:43. Reason: Update amount
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 11:53   #6292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
It is visible in HDFC net banking. You need to navigate to cards and on credit card --> enquire, choose redeem reward points. It will open a pop up. Make sure you allow pop up. In that go to my rewards and choose spend promo details. You will be able to see progress against appropriate milestone benefits.

For Regalia, it is 5L card anniversary milestone.

For DCB, it is 80K monthly milestone benefits.
Great, thanks! I missed my milestone by 4k..

Wish they had mentioned the period of the calculation as well. Is there a way to see my card anniversary year? Is that also mentioned somewhere?

Last edited by devilicious : 7th March 2023 at 11:56. Reason: Text addition
Old 7th March 2023, 12:17   #6293
Senior - BHPian

I too got the Regalia to Diners Black upgrade offer with first year free. Thought about it a lot but decide to skip due to the acceptance issues with Diners, especially when travelling abroad. My backup cards have much higher than the 2% forex markup and hence the impact will be quite high.

Shall stay with my Regalia as with the bonus reward points on hitting spend miletones it's pretty good.
Old 7th March 2023, 12:22   #6294
BHPian

I have a HDFC Regalia Credit Card. Recently, I was surprised to find that my card didn't allow lounge access at Mumbai domestic Airport. Request inputs on what card I should go for with wide acceptance along with airport lounge access.
Old 7th March 2023, 19:57   #6295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I have a HDFC Regalia Credit Card. Recently, I was surprised to find that my card didn't allow lounge access at Mumbai domestic Airport. Request inputs on what card I should go for with wide acceptance along with airport lounge access.

The list of lounges accepting the card changes from time to time. While some lounges accept all cards, some lounges are different for the cards issued on the Master / Visa / Diners / Amex network respectively. This list is hosted on the respective Bank's websites for reference.

You would be better off having card variants with lounge access on the different platforms viz. Master / Visa / Diners / Amex, for maximum acceptance.

IIRC the domestic terminal at Mumbai had separate lounges for Diners / Amex. There was another smaller lounge some years ago where I could use MC once but it was closed for renovation on a subsequent trip.
Old 7th March 2023, 20:56   #6296
BHPian

Quote:

Wish they had mentioned the period of the calculation as well. Is there a way to see my card anniversary year? Is that also mentioned somewhere?
No, I have not come across where to see the card anniversary date or month. What I read in the terms and conditions is it is card set-up or upgrade date. It looks like we have to write it down manually
thanixravindran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 21:14   #6297
BHPian

Quote:
No, I have not come across where to see the card anniversary date or month. What I read in the terms and conditions is it is card set-up or upgrade date. It looks like we have to write it down manually
Check your card for the "VALID THRU" date. In most cases it corresponds to the anniversary month -1.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 21:15   #6298
BHPian

Quote:
Go for any of the travel cards. Alternatively, IDFC Wealth is a very good option for this especially because it is also LTF and gives you Dreamfolks membership as well (can use this for free Spa on select domestic airport).
Old 7th March 2023, 21:31   #6299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regalia is not accepted in one of the domestic terminals (T3?) in Delhi as well. It is always better to look at the acceptable cards at the specific lounges before hand.
Old 7th March 2023, 22:24   #6300
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
I was not even aware of this feature until I read your posts . On searching I found that I missed Milestone-1 by few thousand bucks in previous cycle.

Here are some other important details from HDFC page:
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-regalia.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks