Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2023, 18:12   #6421
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I had a query,
I applied for the SBI Prime Card through Yono app and then it showed that the card had been approved. Then, the next week I got a call from the call centre saying that I needed to submit the front side copy of my existing card for verification, with full 16-digit numbers along with my last statement.

I refused to do this saying I don't feel comfortable doing this after having the ekyc in place etc. Is it normal for the card companies to ask for full details of alternate cards?
Do not entertain any such conversations. Card to card applications usually take note of the credit card statement. Only once from BOB, I was asked to provide image of the physical card, but with only last 4 digits visible along with name. Majority of the time it is scammers that pose as SBI and make such calls. From experience, Ive noticed that our data gets leaked somehow from SBI (probably insider jobs). My dad had lost money wherein immediately on delivery of the card he had received a call saying they are from SBI and details were asked and he being unaware lost money at the end of their exercise. I too received a very similar call asking me about my card details few days after I received the card. They told the same was for the prime vouchers. I declined to provide any details and cut the call cause I've seen multiple cases where this proved to be nothing more than fraud.

PS: Ive received the vouchers without any issues after hitting the prescribed milestones over email.

And to add to all the scams, I would also like to mention that I had actually applied for SBI Cashback card. But end of the day I received a prime card. The countersigned application copy that they send back to my email was of cashback card. Now the shocking part of this was, Ive never signed any documents, I had applied online but the SBI executives took the liberty to put random signatures all over the document under my name and SBI customer support is good for nothing.
blackbandit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 00:59   #6422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I'm not able to recharge my paytm fastag via CRED using credit card. It only shows UPI/debit card etc., for fastag recharge. Seems fastag recharge via credit card is gone now.
Try recharging your Fastag through Simpl. You can repay the Simpl bill through your credit card.
SgtRepeat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 16:06   #6423
BHPian

Guys is there a work around on the 10k a month limit on buying the Amazon gift card on the Gift Edge portal?
Old 16th April 2023, 18:37   #6424
BHPian

Guys, what is the easiest way to get hold of a HDFC Credit Card with no other Banking relationship with them. I do have a HDFC Term Plan and invest in a HDFC MF. HDFC Cards do get a lot of discount offers in Amazon and other Platforms, so thinking of getting one. I checked Online on the HDFC Website and with no Banking relationship with them, it gave me an option to apply for Moneyback+ or Indian Oil CC. Do i go for Moneyback+ and then upgrade to higher level HDFC Cards. Or will visiting their Branch help in getting a premium card?
My Salary should meet the eligibility for few premium HDFC Cards.
Old 16th April 2023, 21:00   #6425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
So what's the best path to get an upgrade to Infinia? Does anybody know what the internal criteria for this is?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Guys, what is the easiest way to get hold of a HDFC Credit Card with no other Banking relationship with them.
Just call them and offer to pay the annual fees. They'll be more than keen to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I ALWAYS go with Hyatt but circumstances forced me to go with Marriott this time. I almost always pay upfront for the complete stay and was willing to do so this time as well. Unlike Hyatt, Marriott insisted on storing the 16 digit in their systems so as to allow them to charge for any extras I may consume during the stay.

I thought RBI had prohibited this ? Am I missing something ...
They store it as a token I think for safety, not that they can charge anything on it in India - given 2-step verification required.

Most of the time, they'll take a pre-authorization i.e. block credit limit when you check-in for a higher amount. On checkout, they can either use this limit to the extent required or charge your card & reverse the block. Most of the times, they prefer the latter i.e. charge actual amount & reverse the block.
aashishnb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 22:11   #6426
BHPian

Does anybody know about taxation on credit card reward points redemptions ?
Old 16th April 2023, 22:34   #6427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
I guess there is no such thing. Please do not discuss such topics and give new taxation ideas to govt
gupta_chd is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 00:47   #6428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishnb View Post
Just call them and offer to pay the annual fees. They'll be more than keen to do it.
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work for the Infinia. Tried different channels, phone, email, physical upgrade forms, they are just not interested in processing an upgrade to the Infinia to me at the moment.

On the other hand, I requested for a Diners Club Black upgrade under the Alumni Program which seem to be progressing.
Old 17th April 2023, 07:10   #6429
Distinguished - BHPian

Sometime back, I had posted about the charges on fuel purchase by Credit card companies, and had also got some responses for my post.

So here is the comparison for paying for Diesel at the same IOCL bunk, using ICICI's PoS devices:

The Credit Card Thread-compare-fuel-purchase.jpg

The Retained amount includes the tax component.

My Visa card has a 3k limit on fuel purchase for surcharge waiver, while the Diners has a 5k cut-off. I can just do a double swipe on the Visa so that I can get around that 3k limit.

So looks like Diners is the one to avoid when paying for fuel with a CC. Anyone with a Diners card, please check it out.

Last edited by condor : 17th April 2023 at 07:12.
condor is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 13:49   #6430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

So looks like Diners is the one to avoid when paying for fuel with a CC. Anyone with a Diners card, please check it out.
Thank you for this post ! As a long time Regalia user I always used the card for fuel as well. This month, I got upgraded to a LTF Diners Black and didn't realise this difference.

The surcharge on the Visa Regalia was 1.20% of which 1% was refunded while it is 3.5% on the Diners with the same 1% refund.
fiat_tarun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 17:29   #6431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Could you please share the documented steps that you followed to request for an upgrade to Infinia?
I was in the same boat, holding a lifetime free Regalia with Credit Limit > 10L and long standing relationship with HDFC (credit card, Salary account). I asked for an upgrade to Infina asking by sending an email to the Credit Card grievence officer. They offered me a Diners Black upgrade and made it clear that they can't give Infinia. So I took the Diners Black upgrade.

After starting to use the Diners Black, I faced acceptance issues in multiple sites and also in couple of offline stores where I wanted to make some High Value transaction. I shooted an email again saying Diners Black acceptance is so bad I'll just close my HDFC credit card once and for all and Axis was ready to give me a Magnus (I discussed with Axis bank person for this already in parallel). They hesitated first again, but in the end they ended up giving Infinia.

Its purely a hit or miss, HDFC seems very adamant on offering Infinia even if we are ready to pay the annual fee. They first even said its okay if I close my HDFC CC completely, I spoke to my RM and said I'll close my salary account also after which they gave the upgrade.
vignesh207 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 19:21   #6432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
As gupta_chd said, there is no such thing.
However, there is a limit of INR 50k on Cashback, after crossing the limit, it will be taxable.
Old 19th April 2023, 08:50   #6433
Senior - BHPian

I’m not a heavy credit card user, my average monthly spends on credit card over the years has come down to about 20-30k. And I have been using only Amex for the last 8-9 years now. However, i was quite frustrated with Amex when it was not being accepted by few international airlines ( Singapore airlines for example). The whole point of having a card like amex was to use it during such annual trips. So i was forced to look for another alternative credit card and the easiest was to apply for icici ( since i have an account already), and have got the icici saphiro credit card now.

I remember a similar situation last year too, wherein Emirates accepted Amex for my travel booking, but when i had to do certain changes to my travel plan, I couldn’t pay the difference in Amex for whatever reason. But i still persisted with amex, since my monthly average spending did not warrant an additional credit card.

While customer service is top notch, the primary function of a credit card is wide acceptability, and in this Amex fails miserably, not just in India, but in few other places as well.
Old 19th April 2023, 11:04   #6434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post

I remember a similar situation last year too, wherein Emirates accepted Amex for my travel booking, but when i had to do certain changes to my travel plan, I couldn’t pay the difference in Amex for whatever reason. But i still persisted with amex, since my monthly average spending did not warrant an additional credit card.

While customer service is top notch, the primary function of a credit card is wide acceptability, and in this Amex fails miserably, not just in India, but in few other places as well.
I had similar experience, and talked to AMEX about it. Their response was quite refreshing :

. File a complaint
. Provide the Merchant name, date and particulars
. They will resolve the matter

According to AMEX all merchants who sign up with them have to accept AMEX cards. In case they do not, they may be black listed. AMEX users are generally big spenders and no merchant wants to loose them.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 10:24   #6435
BHPian

Now I' able to use Axis Bank IndianOil RuPay Credit Card(since Apr-19) with BHIM/PhonePe/PayTM UPI.
It works fine for normal merchant paymanets(QR Payment).
Wallet load, Send to Savings account are not allowed. Yet to use widely. Also, yet to integrate with Samsung Wallet UPI, which is my go-to UPI app.
DetectiveMiles is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks