Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
  Search this Thread
2,097,790 views
Old 21st November 2023, 11:29   #7171
BHPian
 
IamNikhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 653
Thanked: 2,438 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Received the mail from IndusInd Bank last week regarding complimentary domestic lounge access being revised to only once per quarter effective 10/12/2023 on the Legend Credit Card.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:43   #7172
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,580
Thanked: 2,713 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I think this will be applicable only if we pay over total outstanding. If you pay over statement due (to avoid rounding) but still under total outstanding, I think refund will not be applicable.
We were talking of rounding off. Normally if you use the CC regularly, the total outstanding will be well above the amount due. So paying a bit more (rounding off to the next 10, 50 or 100 rupees) will be less than the total outstanding.

Another case is when you want to use the CC for purchases above the CC Limit. In such cases the banks used to allow "pre payment". Whether that is still allowed is the question.
Aroy is offline  
Old 22nd November 2023, 23:15   #7173
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UP-14/15, TS-09
Posts: 506
Thanked: 1,239 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hello folks,

I have started using Infinia recently from the last 2-3 months, earlier I was using Magnus. I'm also a Marriott Bonvoy member and other than that I prefer to stay in hotels under the ITC umbrella.
While going through the Rewards transfer portal of Infinia, I noticed that it doesn't provide rewards transfers to any of these hotel chains. It provides options to transfer rewards only to 3 hotel chains, ACCOR, IHG, and Wyndham Hotels, I don't use any of them.

I was surprised that they have minimal options to transfer points. Does anyone come across this situation or is there any workaround to this problem?
Highh5 is offline  
Old 23rd November 2023, 07:41   #7174
BHPian
 
KrisTvpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 179
Thanked: 596 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
<snip>
Folks having LTF Diners Black card are indeed lucky to have it.
<snip>
One should retain it for sure with the free lounge benefits it offers world wide + LTF.
Using this card for couple of years, VERY satisfied with the privileges & rewards/redemption options. Going to keep it like forever!
KrisTvpm is offline  
Old 23rd November 2023, 10:57   #7175
BHPian
 
turbospooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 383
Thanked: 994 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Hello folks,
Does anyone come across this situation or is there any workaround to this problem?
The only way around is to redeem those points for stay from SmartBuy portal.
But that wouldn't give you loyalty nights or status.

The worse option is to transfer Infinia points to SQ (Krisflyer) in the ratio 1:1 and then transfer from Krisflyer to Bonvoy (2:1).
So, effectively, 2:1 from Infinia to Bonvoy.
I typically value Bonvoy points in the range of 40p to 50p, so ₹2 of Infinia points becomes ₹0.5!
There isn't a worst deal than this.
ITC is completely out of the question.
turbospooler is offline  
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:09   #7176
Senior - BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: India
Posts: 1,742
Thanked: 6,253 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

My salary account is in HDFC since 14 years but I never owned any HDFC credit card. Today while casually checking my netbanking card section, it said am eligible for INFINIA metal edition card.

I take some 2-3 flight trips every year(2 adults, 1 child) and would love to avail the unlimited lounge access thing. Does it allow more than 1 person on same card as we travel together or do we need to get separate cards or does an add-on-card work?

My annual spend currently is divided between Amazon ICICI & Flipkart Axis cards(combined would be ~8-9L annually). Is it a good idea to shift to this as a single card?

Says annual fees is 12500 but you get 12500 RP on renewal. Guess I can use it for flight bookings as I end up spending more than a lakh easily on tickets alone every year?

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd November 2023 at 13:17.
SoumenD is offline  
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:21   #7177
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 7,510
Thanked: 17,979 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
My salary account is in HDFC since 14 years but I never owned any HDFC credit card. Today while casually checking my netbanking card section, it said am eligible for INFINIA metal edition card. Wonder what's their criteria for suggesting that?
Your monthly salary exceeds the criteria.

Quote:
Does it allow more than 1 person on same card as we travel together or do we need to get separate cards or does an add-on-card work?
Primary and add-on cards get unlimited complimentary lounge access. Just get your wife an add-on card.

Quote:
My annual spend currently is divided between Amazon ICICI & Flipkart Axis cards(combined would be ~8-9L annually). Is it a good idea to shift to this as a single card?
Yes. You can get Amazon and Flipkart vouchers through HDFC Smartbuy for additional reward points.

Quote:
Says annual fees is 12500 but you get 12500 RP on renewal. Guess I can use it for flight bookings as I end up spending more than a lakh easily on tickets alone every year?
Yes; esp. since 1 RP = 1 Re. Just that it is capped to 70% per booking. You do still pay the GST on the 12.5k btw.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 14:41   #7178
Senior - BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: India
Posts: 1,742
Thanked: 6,253 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Primary and add-on cards get unlimited complimentary lounge access. Just get your wife an add-on card.
Thanks for taking time to respond. Appreciate it.

So addon card works for the second traveller. Kid(<10 years) is free I assume or do we need to pay for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yes. You can get Amazon and Flipkart vouchers through HDFC Smartbuy for additional reward points.
From smartbuy it shows links to Flipkart & Amazon. If I go there via smartbuy and make my purchases, how much RP do we get?I see it mentions 3X for Flipkart/Myntra but doesnt mention Amazon? So for amazon do we get usual 5RP for every 150INR spent i.e. ~3.3%?

And is it necessary to go via smartbuy always or can we directly add the card to FK/Axis payment section and use it for similar benefits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yes; esp. since 1 RP = 1 Re. Just that it is capped to 70% per booking. You do still pay the GST on the 12.5k btw.
I see. Lets say I book flight tickets worth 50k, use 12.5k RP & on rest 37.5k INR as per offer docs I get upto 10X of usual RPs i.e. around 3000 RP atleast? That's still much better than usual 5% CB I get from amazon ICICI card currently while booking flights on Amazon. Is my understanding correct?

In short am kinda tired with multiple cards. Looking for a single card to do it all be it FK/Amazon shopping, flights, lounge etc. Do you reckon this card(HDFC Infinia Metal edition) is a good choice for that?

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd November 2023 at 14:43.
SoumenD is offline  
Old 23rd November 2023, 15:06   #7179
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 3,922
Thanked: 7,304 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Kid(<10 years) is free I assume or do we need to pay for them?
That depends on the specific lounge rules.

Also, a point to note, HDFC don't ship priority pass for add-on card always. In that case, you will have to request for that specifically through mail once first 4 transactions are done using the add on card.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 15:15   #7180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 241
Thanked: 744 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Which is the best credit card which allows converting reward points to Krisflyer miles? I spend around 90k per month on my multiple cards. I'm looking to keep one or two cards, and redeem all points for Krisflyer miles. I am okay with an annual fee of up to 10k
KL01toKA03 is offline  
Old 23rd November 2023, 15:48   #7181
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,924
Thanked: 3,740 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
...


From smartbuy it shows links to Flipkart & Amazon. If I go there via smartbuy and make my purchases, how much RP do we get?I see it mentions 3X for Flipkart/Myntra but doesnt mention Amazon? So for amazon do we get usual 5RP for every 150INR spent i.e. ~3.3%?

And is it necessary to go via smartbuy always or can we directly add the card to FK/Axis payment section and use it for similar benefits?
...
You need to buy shopping vouchers for Amazon and Flipkart via HDFC smartbuy and add these vouchers / gift cards to your account. You will get around 16.5% cashback with Infinia in terms of points.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 15:55   #7182
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 7,510
Thanked: 17,979 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Kid(<10 years) is free I assume or do we need to pay for them?
Yes. I don't know what's the age cut off but <10 definitely so. I'd imagine <18 should be complimentary.

Quote:
From smartbuy it shows links to Flipkart & Amazon. If I go there via smartbuy and make my purchases, how much RP do we get?
3X points. 5 points every Rs. 150 is the regular reward. 2x is what you get extra. So, let's say you spent Rs. 150 on Flipkart through the Smartbuy link, you'd get 5 + 10, 15 points.

The other way to earn points is to buy Vouchers of everyday businesses you spend at, here: https://offers.reward360.in/popup-re.../instavouchers

Quote:
And is it necessary to go via smartbuy always or can we directly add the card to FK/Axis payment section and use it for similar benefits?
You HAVE to go through Smartbuy; at the payment page, the biller must say Smartbuy for the extra RPs.

Quote:
I see. Lets say I book flight tickets worth 50k, use 12.5k RP & on rest 37.5k INR as per offer docs I get upto 10X of usual RPs i.e. around 3000 RP atleast?Is my understanding correct?
Correct.

The other thing; on any bill, you can use points up to 70% of the value. So if you bill is 50k, you can use up to 35k points for Rs. 35k.

Quote:
Do you reckon this card(HDFC Infinia Metal edition) is a good choice for that?
It is the best card around, and HDFC is VERY picky about who they offer it to. There's no reason to not get the Infinia tbh. Only the Axis Magnus spoiled the party for Infinia but that lasted about nine months. The next set of cards that may be better than the Infinia depending on your use case would cost about 50-60k in fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
That depends on the specific lounge rules.

Also, a point to note, HDFC don't ship priority pass for add-on card always. In that case, you will have to request for that specifically through mail once first 4 transactions are done using the add on card.
Not for Infinia.

Every Lounge at any Indian airport (tier 1/2/3 city) accepts the Infinia; Lounges now typically accept only about 4-6 cards now, and the Inifnia is always one of them.

Also, the Priority Pass is shipped along with the primary / add-on card in the same suitcase-like velvet box. Even if the add-on cards for say, parents are requested a year later separately. HDFC continues to indulge Infinia patrons.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 16:26   #7183
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 154
Thanked: 238 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yes. I don't know what's the age cut off but <10 definitely so. I'd imagine <18 should be complimentary.
Lounge access is definitely not complimentary for kids. I do not know if there is any cut off age below which it is complimentary.
The only concession that the Indian lounges allow for, is to allow kids to use their parent's lounge card. So if you are going to a lounge with your kid, the Indian lounges allow you to use two lounge cards in your name and allow your child. I suppose even this is not allowed in lounges internationally.
yosbert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 16:45   #7184
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 138
Thanked: 264 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Guys can anyone confirm the access to the Centurion lounges at Delhi and Mumbai for Add on card members(Amex Platinum) ?
Karan_n8 is offline  
Old 23rd November 2023, 16:51   #7185
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 7,510
Thanked: 17,979 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Lounge access is definitely not complimentary for kids.
Not sure if you have evidence for this, but in all the many years I have been visiting airport lounges across India, I have never seen anyone produce a separate card for their child (myself included), or be asked for one.

--

Btw, given how crowded they have become, lounges now allow you to enter only up to two hours before your flight. They've become fairly strict about this. And no, they won't swipe twice to allow you four hours. (They do allow you to swipe two diff. cards though).
libranof1987 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks