Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2023, 12:30   #7216
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
It depends on the offer.

Most HDFC offers tend to be such that the cashback (esp. on Apple products) is immediately applied. That is, you pay an amount less of the cashback.

Some offers provide the cashback after a set no. of months (three typically).

If you have a statement bill of 0, your payable balance will continue to be negative until you make purchases that exceed that. The possibility of banks entertaining a request to transfer this excess payment / cashback from the credit card to your savings account as cash is almost 0.
Actually as per new RBI guidelines, any extra credit to the credit card will be refunded to the linked SB account within a few days. Credit card companies cannot carry over negative balance. I have experienced this first hand.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 12:41   #7217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Actually as per new RBI guidelines, any extra credit to the credit card will be refunded to the linked SB account within a few days.
Will that be considered income, and be taxed then?
Old 6th December 2023, 12:47   #7218
BHPian

Not sure about that, but in my case no TDS was deducted.

So, I had purchased cinema tickets on bookmyshow. The show was cancelled and in a few days the amount was credited back to my card. Few more days later, the same was deducted again from the credit card. This confused me and I called up HDFC bank and that is when they explained what was happening.

Basically, as there was no outstanding of my card, they cannot keep excess on my card. So it was transferred to my SB account. This is as per new RBI guidelines. This happened in August 2023 by the way.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 12:57   #7219
BHPian

Received my Axis Bank Airtel Mastercard last week. Applied on the Airtel Thanks App. Kindly note that I do not have any banking relationship with Axis Bank. The process was seamless and hardly took 10 mins (including the video KYC). The card was delivered to my residential address within the next 2-3 days!

My wallet now has the following CCs: ICICI Amazon Pay, IDFC First Select, Axis Bank Airtel and SBI Simply Click.

The first two are LTFs, while the remaining have an annual fees of Rs.500+GST (Received and redeemed Rs.500 vouchers from IDFC and SBI).

Last edited by kushagra452 : 6th December 2023 at 13:04.
Old 6th December 2023, 13:02   #7220
BHPian

Quote:
refunded to the linked SB account within a few days.
I don't think I have linked my SB account with my credit card. I also pay my credit card bills via CRED, hence not sure the credit card has visibility into which account the bill was paid from.

Wonder what happens in that case..
Old 6th December 2023, 13:18   #7221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I don't think I have linked my SB account with my credit card. I also pay my credit card bills via CRED, hence not sure the credit card has visibility into which account the bill was paid from.

Wonder what happens in that case..
Wonder what would happen in case of AMEX then as they dont have associated SB accounts. What I have seen is, you cannot pay more than outstanding expenses these days.

For eg, I had 450/- outstanding on my SBI CC, I paid the whole amount and then again tried paying 100/- on top as an experience which failed saying, there is no need of excess payment.
Old 6th December 2023, 14:13   #7222
BANNED

Quote:
Actually as per new RBI guidelines, any extra credit to the credit card will be refunded to the linked SB account within a few days. Credit card companies cannot carry over negative balance. I have experienced this first hand.
What does linked account mean? I have no account linked to my credit card as far as I know - I don't have any account other than CC with the bank issuing the CC.
Old 7th December 2023, 09:16   #7223
BHPian

Based on the new lounge access rules for HDFC Regalia, I can see two lounge vouchers available for claiming in the Regalia smartbuy page. But it is not clear what is the validity of these vouchers once they are generated.

Some questions -

1. Will these vouchers be available on the page until I generate them. In other words can I generate these vouchers even say 6 months later (or) will they vanish at the end of the quarter?

2. If I generate them now, how long will they be valid for?

Looks like HDFC has knowingly kept this info vague and hidden.
Old 7th December 2023, 15:55   #7224
BHPian

How's the general experience of this group using RuPay UPI credit cards? I just activated my IDFC First RuPay UPI credit cards and also linked it to my google pay. Haven't used it much, but wanted to check. Prima facie looks like a desi way to be as close to Apple Pay and Samsung Pay (since you don't need the physical card and use the UPI apps) to make the payment.
Old 7th December 2023, 16:18   #7225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
How's the general experience of this group using RuPay UPI credit cards?
It is exactly same as paying from your bank account via UPI. You have to renter a similar pin when you pay using this UPI credit card.

But the acceptance is low and shrinking. I got my HDFC virtual RuPay credit card few months back. Initially almost all stores kind of accepted payment using this card via UPI, but from past 2 or so months I'm seeing a lot failures. And every time I have to switch to my bank account. This is happening so much so that I stopped using that credit card.
neelkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 23:14   #7226
BHPian

My experience is generally good. I use ICICI Coral Rupay CC.
One point to note is that UPI Via Rupay Credit Card works only on merchant payments and won't work is you are paying to individuals.
Old 9th December 2023, 12:28   #7227
BHPian

Has anyone tried loading Amazon pay wallet recently via credit card? I am unable to find credit card option. It only shows debit card, UPI, and net-banking. Do we have to add credit card first and go through tokenization first and then the card shows up?
Old 9th December 2023, 13:00   #7228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PranavDesai View Post
Has anyone tried loading Amazon pay wallet recently via credit card? I am unable to find credit card option. It only shows debit card, UPI, and net-banking. Do we have to add credit card first and go through tokenization first and then the card shows up?
Haven't tried directly but I usually buy via Gyftr using HDFC, Axis & Amex credit cards so you can try that route if unable to directly.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th December 2023 at 13:05. Reason: typos
Old 9th December 2023, 13:01   #7229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From their FAQ:

How do I load Amazon Pay Wallet? How much time would it take?

You can top up your Amazon Pay Wallet using a debit card issued in India through net banking and Amazon Pay UPI. Please follow the instructions given here.

You can also top up funds to Amazon Pay Wallet by paying cash at doorstep if you are eligible. Know more by clicking here. Note: you will be able to perform a maximum cash load of INR 50,000 per month.
Old 9th December 2023, 14:04   #7230
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried loading Amazon pay wallet recently via credit card?
It has been stopped long back. If you insist on using CC, the only way is to buy Amazon Pay Gift cards through Gyftr or on Amazon website itself and then load the same in Amazon Pay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks