Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2023, 23:13   #7096
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
I would suggest you not to use those points for the rewards in the catalog. The redemption ratio of octane card is best if you redeem points for fuel. The SBI card website has a list of designated pumps for point redemption. Most BPCL Coco outlets will be having the facility. Find out the one nearest to your location, drive in and tell them you want to redeem the points before you start filling. They will swipe the card in their specific POS machine and that’s it. It’s as simple as swiping the card for buying fuel.
Thanks as I visited the BPCL outlet near my home and as you had said they swiped the fuel filled amount in the special POS machine and automatically my corresponding points were deducted. Now back to accumulating the points.
ACMerchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 00:52   #7097
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am attempting to transfer HDFC "Infinia" points to Turkish Airline Air Miles. However, after putting in my membership numberand value of points to be transferred, I am getting a "Transaction Declined" Notification.

Would appreciate some help from the experts on here please.

Many Thanks In Advance,
SS
Old 15th October 2023, 14:17   #7098
BHPian

Hi All,

Need help deciding fuel related credit cards. As I have relocated and there are no nearby Indian oil petrol pump my CITI IO card is not useful. I am planning for HP related credit cards but if there are BP related cards which offers better rewards or cashback please let me know.

I will be using the card for My Interceptor 650 (3 day office + long drive), Aprilia SR 150 (daily office commute by my better half) and Honda City (long drive)

Minimum monthly expenses of ₹3700 for fuel for two wheeler

Preferrences : CC fee ₹500/- with fee waiver if yearly spent of ₹50,000, ability to pay with points at the time of refills or later like CITI IO CC.

Cards considered but unable to decide
1. ICICI HPCL Super save - 5% cashback on fuel but fee waiver when 1,50,000 is spent in a year
2. Bank of Baroda Energic - 5% saving on fuel, unable to find fee waiver
3. IDFC First plus - 4% saving on fuel but fee waiver when 1,50,000 is spent in a year
4. Standard chartered Super value Titanium - 5% cashback on all fuel pump, phone and utility bill but, ₹750 fee which is reversed if ₹90,000 spent in a year.

Thanks in advance,
NitNac
NitNac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 16:37   #7099
BHPian

Hi All, I recently got a Lifetime Free Diners Black card and the welcome letter mentions about free Amazon prime if I spend 1.5L within 90 days. Does anyone know whether Fuel, wallet load, Income tax and NPS transactions are eligible for this? Thanks in advance.
Old 15th October 2023, 20:17   #7100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitNac View Post
Hi All,

Need help deciding fuel related credit cards.
Thanks in advance,
NitNac
Please check SBI BPCL as you prefer BP cards. For your mentioned usage SBI BPCL Octane is overkill.
digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 13:24   #7101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Hi All, I recently got a Lifetime Free Diners Black card and the welcome letter mentions about free Amazon prime if I spend 1.5L within 90 days. Does anyone know whether Fuel, wallet load, Income tax and NPS transactions are eligible for this? Thanks in advance.
Keep in mind that NPS/Income tax credit card charges are close to 1% which would work out to be ~1500 which is the annual charges for amazon prime.
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 12:32   #7102
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Cards considered but unable to decide
2. Bank of Baroda Energic - 5% saving on fuel, unable to find fee waiver
4. Standard chartered Super value Titanium - 5% cashback on all fuel pump, phone and utility bill but, ₹750 fee which is reversed if ₹90,000 spent in a year.
The cashback is 4% and 1% is fuel surcharge which is levied and then reversed for both the cards.
BoB HP Energie's fee waiver is 50k INR per annum.
turbospooler is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 12:51   #7103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was checking out this card and I see a condition that cashback is applicable only for fuel transactions upto a maximum transaction value of INR 2k ! This is extremely restrictive and makes it fit more for a 2W than a 4W.
Name:  SC credit card.png
Views: 349
Size:  12.6 KB

I have also been looking out for a good fuel card to replace my Citi Indian Oil but haven't found anything yet.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 12:55   #7104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I was checking out this card and I see a condition that cashback is applicable only for fuel transactions upto a maximum transaction value of INR 2k ! This is extremely restrictive and makes it fit more for a 2W than a 4W.
Attachment 2518200

I have also been looking out for a good fuel card to replace my Citi Indian Oil but haven't found anything yet.
Can we do multiple card swipes of under 2k per transaction and get the cashback?
Old 17th October 2023, 13:11   #7105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Can we do multiple card swipes of under 2k per transaction and get the cashback?
I assume yes, but it is an inconvenience and not possible when the dispenser is automatically linked to POS.

Since an average tank full for a car is around 4k, the total cashback per month of INR 200 can be achieved in one tankfull considering 2 swipes of 2k each, so guess it isn't too bad.
Old 18th October 2023, 15:25   #7106
BHPian

Team-BHPians

I see lot of you struggling to find the perfect credit card for Fuel transactions.
I am actively tracking cards and have summarized the same in the past. Still, summarizing for the benefit of all:
All (CNG bunks included) - Stan C SVT
BPCL: SBI BPCL & BPCL Octane
IOC: HDFC IOC, Axis IOC
HPCL: ICICI HPCL Supersaver, ICICI HP Coral, BoB Energie (HPCL), IDFC Power/PowerPlus (HPCL), Amex Gold Charge Card

Typically all the cards are giving 3-4% return and additional 1% as surcharge waiver which is nothing but the surcharge they levied being refunded. So only 3-4% return.

But there is another way - FASTAG
I have ICICI Fastag and they have been constantly sending mails regarding major bunks accepting Fastag.
Park+ consistently offers 10% discount on loading Fastag.
However, this is not a new thing.
The best thing is that few Fastags (including ICICI, but not sure about others) can be recharged using Amazon Pay balance. There is a RazorPay gateway which accepts Wallet loads and Amazon Pay option can be found there.
Now, Amazon Pay vouchers can be purchased at lucrative discounts. Or, your credit card points can be used to redeem the same, saving you some expensive redemption otherwise. HDFC SmartBuy is giving around 13-14% return rate on Amazon GV purchase (monthly limit is 10k INR). Amex Reward Multiplier gives upto 5X points on GV purchase (monthly limit is 25k INR). Even Axis was giving 2X points, but the valuation is not worth. So just shift the credit card hunt to the one giving better discount on Amazon Pay purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Yes, but inform the attendant before hand to gauge his reaction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
This is extremely restrictive and makes it fit more for a 2W than a 4W.
Or it is best suited for people like me who use it for CNG
turbospooler is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 16:53   #7107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post

Park+ consistently offers 10% discount on loading Fastag.
I recharge my paytm fastag/wallet but I don't see any discount rather they charge 1% as the loading fee. Where do you get 10% discount?
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post

There is a RazorPay gateway which accepts Wallet loads and Amazon Pay option can be found there.
Where do you get this gateway to load fastag? Which app/website?
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 10:40   #7108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I recharge my paytm fastag/wallet but I don't see any discount rather they charge 1% as the loading fee. Where do you get 10% discount?

Where do you get this gateway to load fastag? Which app/website?
There are many credit card discounts. I used to regularly see OneCard, AU Cards and BoB Cards offering 10% instant discount. Maybe they are time specific every month.

For loading Fastag, there is a dedicated website (atleast for ICICI - fastaglogin.icicibank.com). There, once you select option to recharge, it will show RazorPay gateway.
turbospooler is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 10:22   #7109
BHPian

Hello All, quick query. I have been trying to make a purchase for my cousin in Nevada from Apple.com using my Indian credit card (HDFC Infinia). The card is not being accepted. I talked to HDFC customer care and they mentioned though my card is enabled for International purchases, the purchase has to happen immediately and instead, Apple.com is trying to save my card details to trigger a payment against it later which is not allowed by RBI without tokenization. Apple customer care isnt of any help and are saying they cannot load the card into their system and hence the order is stuck.

Seems I am in a soup here between RBI and Apple's ways of working. Anyone aware how to pay at Apple.com with the Indian credit card?

PS - I have made several purchases on Amazon (US and Australia) using the same card without any issue.
Old 20th October 2023, 10:29   #7110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Is the Apple India website not accepting RuPay cards? I tried making a purchase, but it was declined. When I contacted HDFC, they had no information about it, and they couldn't find the reason for the decline in their system.

I tried using a different HDFC Visa card, and it worked. However, the RuPay card is still not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Hello All, quick query. I have been trying to make a purchase for my cousin in Nevada from Apple.com using my Indian credit card (HDFC Infinia). The card is not being accepted. I talked to HDFC customer care and they mentioned though my card is enabled for International purchases, the purchase has to happen immediately and instead, Seems I am in a soup here between RBI and Apple's ways of working. Anyone aware how to pay at Apple.com with the Indian credit card?
I mentioned this a few days ago. I tried to make a purchase on the Indian Apple website at "https://apple.com/in/," for iphone 15 but it didn't accept my payment. I checked with HDFC, and they confirmed there was no issue on the card side. Apple couldn't understand the problem and asked me to contact bank. However, it worked when I tried a different HDFC card- Visa. Were you trying to use a RUPAY card?
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks