Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2023, 16:37   #7141
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Received my Diners Club HDFC Business Moneyback credit card last week. However, the card is temporarily disabled. Upon calling HDFC customer care twice, I came to know that my card is under 'investigation' and has been temporarily blocked. I was requested to submit copies of KYC document at the nearest HDFC Branch. I have submitted the KYC form and the supporting documents yesterday.

I am unable to set the card PIN and use it. Hope HDFC is able to resolve the matter soon. The card has not been used even once. Has anyone else faced anything similar? Thanks.
Old 1st November 2023, 18:34   #7142
BHPian

Heard AXIS Bank has started giving Magnus Credit cards as LTF to certain category of customers, looks like the way bank are reducing lounge access it may worth it. Recently was at a domestic Airport and could see access was denied to many other bank card holders they were surprised how suddenly access was removed. Footfall inside the lounge was apparently 20% lower than my earlier visit.
DHARM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 08:19   #7143
BHPian

Why does Netflix ask for payment method again for renewal? Doesn't the first payment method(CC) carry over for the renewals? Is there anyway to make this auto-pay every month?

Please advise.
Old 2nd November 2023, 20:13   #7144
BHPian

I have a HSBC Credit card which was last used in Jan 2023 and due amount paid on time. But for some reason, the amount paid was Rs 0.01 less and there was a due for Rs 0.01 (1 Paisa) for the Feb 2023 Statement. I ignored that and no further statements were sent since I did not use the card until July.
The Credit Card Thread-statement.jpg

Recently when I checked my Cibil report, I see this entry against my card. There were no statements, no late payment charges or even a reminder for this outstanding amount, but they did report this to the Cibil lowering my Cibil score.

The Credit Card Thread-hsbc_cibil.jpg

Can I contest this and get it removed? I know it was my fault not to pay an amount of 0.01.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 12:23   #7145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Why does Netflix ask for payment method again for renewal? Doesn't the first payment method(CC) carry over for the renewals? Is there anyway to make this auto-pay every month?

Please advise.
Did you save your CC details? If not, it will ask everytime.

This is due to RBI policy change and is a pain as some sites are buggy and ask for it even after saving

Not faced issues with Apps, only websites.

Do check once.
Old 3rd November 2023, 12:30   #7146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
...I know it was my fault not to pay an amount of 0.01.
I've seen it happen on some internet banking apps, and even on some utility provider apps (Airtel?).

Their 'pay due' pages seem to struggle with fractional amounts and round off down to the previous whole number (or upto the first decimal), leaving a few paisa unpaid and causing mischief like this.

You should file a request for correction.
Old 7th November 2023, 10:29   #7147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Can I contest this and get it removed? I know it was my fault not to pay an amount of 0.01.
You should. This is a travesty and mockery of the credit reporting system. The consequences could cost you so much for 1 paise!

I have been a little wary of this always and hence pay rounding up instead of down.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 10:49   #7148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Received my Diners Club HDFC Business Moneyback credit card last week.
This card has been permanently blocked and closed by the bank. No reason given. I have safely discarded the card. Really weird experience with HDFC. I can't reapply for a HDFC credit card within the next 3 months.
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 10:51   #7149
Senior - BHPian

RBI’s new directive for credit institutions: Pay Rs 100 compensation for each day of delay in complaint redressal

* The complainant can approach the RBI Ombudsman in case of wrongful denial of compensation by CIs

* Some of the CICs in India are CIBIL, CRIF Highmark, Equifax and Experian

* These rules will favour customers who have had to deal with slow processing of their grievances

Source
mukeshgoel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 11:15   #7150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
You should. This is a travesty and mockery of the credit reporting system. The consequences could cost you so much for 1 paise!

I have been a little wary of this always and hence pay rounding up instead of down.
+1
I do this as well, I always round up and pay a few rupees more to the nearest 10.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 13:50   #7151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I dont have it yet. My RM also confirmed that next month it would be open to all eligible people. I went through their terms and conditions and this appears a good credit card for non-spend benefits and offline use. If they have accelerated reward system like HDFC, this card would be unbeatable.
The relationship manager called to offer the metal at INR 12k. Upon telling him that I paid 12k for the plastic version very recently he offered to negotiate internally and come back.
Old 10th November 2023, 14:30   #7152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I dont have it yet. My RM also confirmed that next month it would be open to all eligible people. I went through their terms and conditions and this appears a good credit card for non-spend benefits and offline use. If they have accelerated reward system like HDFC, this card would be unbeatable.
ICICI dropped a bomb. The RPs against statement credit is NOT 1:1 but 1:0.4. You get 3 points every 100 spent so a reward rate of ONLY 1.2% against statement credit.

You get 1:1 ONLY when redeemed it for flights and hotels, I am not sure how good/bad this flight/hotel coverage would be. So looks like it would be hard to even recover the fees.
Old 15th November 2023, 10:46   #7153
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews on scapia card? Hows the cashback benefit? Am planning to pick it up for lounge access & flight bookings(2-3 trips a year is common). Every trip I plan to access lounge twice(onward & while returning), is it possible or the second one becomes chargeable as it’s usually within a week or two?
Old 15th November 2023, 15:37   #7154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Any reviews on scapia card? Hows the cashback benefit? Am planning to pick it up for lounge access & flight bookings(2-3 trips a year is common). Every trip I plan to access lounge twice(onward & while returning), is it possible or the second one becomes chargeable as it’s usually within a week or two?
You have unlimited access to lounge if you spend 5000 each billing cycle. RP is 5 scapia coin for 1 rupee which you can redeem for hotel or flight booking.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 17:29   #7155
BHPian

Hi All,

Need help with a credit card upgrade. I currently have HDFC regalia which is expiring in one month. I guess they will give me Regalia or Regalia gold as a replacement. But I was talking to my RM about an upgrade when she hinted about the Infinia card. Apparently, I am eligible and she explained the few Pros of it which I did not care much about. Finally, she said the annual charges are 12500 and will be free if I spend 10L in a year! That completely knocked me down. My monthly expenses usually are in the range of 50-60K and rarely it touches 1L. To have this free, I will now have to spend 83K per month which is not something I look forward to. But heart being a heart is silly and trying to understand the benefits of Infinia.

I usually travel once in 4-5 months and use the credit card points to book flights via smartbuy. The other benefit I try to take is the airport lounge access which is now stopped for Regalia. Other than that, I do not use the card as an advantage perspective anywhere. So I am really wondering if Infinia is really worth it? Or should I stick to Regalia Gold itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks