Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2024, 23:00   #7261

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
You might not have a credit history right now. A good credit history will enable you to get approval for better cards. As of now, go ahead with Freedom and put in the upgrade request after 6 months. Make sure you put some spending on your freedom card.
Thank you! I was also wondering if having RD or FD accounts help in getting faster approvals for credit cards.
Old 6th January 2024, 13:00   #7262
BHPian

Cardholders of ICICI Bank will soon notice significant modifications to airport lounge access benefits for these 21 credit cards, and reward points rules of many other cards.

LINK
Old 6th January 2024, 14:33   #7263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Cardholders of ICICI Bank will soon notice significant modifications to airport lounge access benefits for these 21 credit cards, and reward points rules of many other cards.

LINK
The link is not working on my phone. Is this modification for better or for worse? Does not matter much for me, just curious. After holding their cards for close to 20 years, and spending a lot on it, they never offered me decent upgrade. I just use only their Amazon card. Other bank cards offer much better upgrade and benefits.
Old 6th January 2024, 15:24   #7264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
What could be a nice add on credit card along with HDFC Infinia?
This would be primarily a backup card, So I am looking for something which is free lifetime or have minimal annual/joining fees. Also, I am looking for lounge offer on this card.

Suggestions welcome.
Infinia comes with unlimited lounge access for both primary and add on, so I don't think you would need another card for lounge access though. Get the BPCL octane CC. It is a pretty decent card with lounge access as well, and is a great card for your monthly fuel top ups.
Old 6th January 2024, 22:16   #7265
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
The link is not working on my phone. Is this modification for better or for worse? Does not matter much for me, just curious. After holding their cards for close to 20 years, and spending a lot on it, they never offered me decent upgrade. I just use only their Amazon card. Other bank cards offer much better upgrade and benefits.
They just increased the spend threshold to 35K INR in a quarter to qualify for limited Lounge access for subsequent quarter for most of their cards.
Old 7th January 2024, 11:18   #7266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
1. As this FD backed, you can only increase the credit limit by increasing the FD. I am not a big fan of this, as the amount gets blocked. (Note: You still have to pay the monthly credit card bills. The FD does not pay the bill).
I read on some forums that you can prepay some amount to the credit card. This basically leaves a positive balance on the card and then use the increased limit. Ex - Lets say you have FD of INR 5000. Now credit limit is INR 5000. Instead of increasing the FD, prepay say 20000 on the card. This gives credit limit of INR 20000 + INR 5000.

Has anyone tried this and does it work?
I tried this on IDFC wow which is similar and FD backed. They only allowed me a max FD and credit limit of 1L. But I was able to spend almost 1.35L by depositing the unbilled amount early and stretching the limit. However, at any point of time, the credit limit stays 1L. Its just that you can make more of it available inspite of spending some of it.
absingh911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 11:26   #7267

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
My experience is generally good. I use ICICI Coral Rupay CC.
One point to note is that UPI Via Rupay Credit Card works only on merchant payments and won't work is you are paying to individuals.
I also recently got this card as I thought it would be better to detach my expenses totally from UPI. I could use this everywhere. But from what I have noticed in the last few days, the payment failure rate is very high compared to usual UPI.
Old 7th January 2024, 11:31   #7268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Same is the case with me. The current modification is for worse. I own a Rubyx and amazon pay. And Rubyx and Sapphiro seem to not have any changes for now. That said, it may be just a matter of time before they are devalued too! I really like ICICI for their app and simplified usage. But they seem to be far behind others in the credit card game.
Old 7th January 2024, 14:16   #7269
BHPian

Hello Team Bhpians,

Need help regarding getting the SBI BPCL octane card.

Despite having sufficient CIBIL score (780+) my application for the octane card was declined in May 2023. SBI cards refused to provide any reason. Had directly applied to the SBI cards through its representative.

On enquiring about the same card again last week, I was told by the agent (3rd party) that the said card has been discontinued now.

I have good reliable BPCL pumps nearby my home in Pune as well as Navi Mumbai so I have a set routine of fueling up all my vehicles at BPCL pumps. So the Octane card will be really beneficial for me.

Any help from the forum members on how to get the Octane card will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Sameer
Old 7th January 2024, 15:49   #7270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyD View Post
Hello Team Bhpians,

Need help regarding getting the SBI BPCL octane card.
I'm not quite sure why you were denied the BPCL Octane Petro card, but I have been using the 'regular' BPCL CC for refuels and I don't think it is of any significant benefit. Infact, I end up losing on the surcharge amount for every refuel. The surcharge charged at the BPCL petrol pump is around 1.2% something and the refund is 1% max.

Ofcourse, there are some points being credited to your card for every refuel; but I'm not quite sure if the entire preposition is beneficial indeed.

hence, would suggest to carefully analyse before getting one.

I am thinking of using it for a few more months and if I don't see any significant benefit, might discontinue the same.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 16:36   #7271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
What could be a nice add on credit card along with HDFC Infinia?
This would be primarily a backup card, So I am looking for something which is free lifetime or have minimal annual/joining fees. Also, I am looking for lounge offer on this card.

Suggestions welcome.
Everyone has a different requirement. But I find my trio perfect for all the things as of now.
Infinia Metal
StanC Ultimate (Mastercard)
AXIS Vistara Infinite

Yes, all three cards have fees, but I recover more than that from each.

Minimum 7.5 Lakhs spend on Vistara Infinite - Benefit - 3 business class tickets, 20000+ Vistara points, Vistara Gold status.

Minimum 12.5 Lakhs spends in Infinia (sometimes more) - more than half of the purchases through smartbuy. Almost benefits of 75K plus if spending is planned and SmartBuy usage is possible. I still don't know the Amazon and gift card hack that many others proclaim to know.

StanC Ultimate is the underdog of premium cards- Fuss-free, no-nonsense reward points of 3.33% spend, 1RP = Rs.1(the best part), and you get 5000 RP for renewal fees, so essentially 900 (GST) as your annual fee. All my fuel fill-ups are from this card. It refunds the surcharge and used to count them for RP till last year. Still, you get a credit line without charges.
For RP context, from almost (not calculated exactly) two years' worth of points, I bought a nice TISSOT watch through a 50K voucher from Helios. I have bought many appliances in the past using Croma when they were available. It's still a decent voucher list.
It gets you coveted Priority Pass, plus lounge access through card too.

Changes/ Additions I seek in my portfolio:
Super Premium card- If my spending increases further, I would like to try the AMEX Platinum CHARGE; I can still recover the spending, but I would have to heavily direct all spending through this, which isn't convenient as of now.

Axis Magnus- I guess the heydays of this one is over, as I heard theres' a cap on bonus, I was about to get it few months ago before I saw the news. The reward downsizing is the big reason not to go for it.

It is not a deal breaker, but I would also look for a premium card that gives movie vouchers or good discounts, as I find that absent in the above cards.

If there is any other hidden jewel I don't know, I would be happy to hear about it.
aastiksaluja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 22:09   #7272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absingh911 View Post
I really like ICICI for their app and simplified usage. But they seem to be far behind others in the credit card game.
Their unified app is a pleasure to use: all products under one app. Even third party mutual funds can be monitored from their app.
Old 7th January 2024, 22:30   #7273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aastiksaluja View Post
Everyone has a different requirement. But I find my trio perfect for all the things as of now.
Infinia Metal
StanC Ultimate (Mastercard)
AXIS Vistara Infinite

Yes, all three cards have fees, but I recover more than that from each.

Minimum 7.5 Lakhs spend on Vistara Infinite - Benefit - 3 business class tickets, 20000+ Vistara points, Vistara Gold status.

Minimum 12.5 Lakhs spends in Infinia (sometimes more) - more than half of the purchases through smartbuy. Almost benefits of 75K plus if spending is planned and SmartBuy usage is possible. I still don't know the Amazon and gift card hack that many others proclaim to know.

StanC Ultimate is the underdog of premium cards- Fuss-free, no-nonsense reward points of 3.33% spend, 1RP = Rs.1(the best part), and you get 5000 RP for renewal fees, so essentially 900 (GST) as your annual fee. All my fuel fill-ups are from this card. It refunds the surcharge and used to count them for RP till last year. Still, you get a credit line without charges.
For RP context, from almost (not calculated exactly) two years' worth of points, I bought a nice TISSOT watch through a 50K voucher from Helios. I have bought many appliances in the past using Croma when they were available. It's still a decent voucher list.
It gets you coveted Priority Pass, plus lounge access through card too.

Changes/ Additions I seek in my portfolio:
Super Premium card- If my spending increases further, I would like to try the AMEX Platinum CHARGE; I can still recover the spending, but I would have to heavily direct all spending through this, which isn't convenient as of now.

Axis Magnus- I guess the heydays of this one is over, as I heard theres' a cap on bonus, I was about to get it few months ago before I saw the news. The reward downsizing is the big reason not to go for it.

It is not a deal breaker, but I would also look for a premium card that gives movie vouchers or good discounts, as I find that absent in the above cards.

If there is any other hidden jewel I don't know, I would be happy to hear about it.
great combination.
I too have same except AXIS atlas compared to Vistara.
I downgraded from Magnus to Atlas card.
Atlas is good when you are not sure on consumption.
It has 3 levels. 3, 7.5 and 15L. Rewards points are decent with 7.5L spending. better with 15L spend.
I guess you might have considered these two. Can you share specific reason for Vistara?
Old 8th January 2024, 16:33   #7274
BHPian

My spend in HDFC Regalia has crossed 1 lac. I have recieved the monthly statement which mentions
Regalia Lounge upg 100
Regalia Lounge upg 25
Regalia Lounge New 100
Unable to understand it.
Am I eligible for lounge access after the end of quarter i.e 31st mar ?
Old 8th January 2024, 18:08   #7275
BHPian

Hi - my wife just got an Infinia Metal CC. I wanted to check from fellow members, how does add on card work? HDFC hasn't been kind enough to offer me the card, so I am thinking of getting an add on card. Will the bill come in my name for the spend on the add on card or will it be in my wife's name and she will have to pay? Further, will the annual count, factor the spent by both of us or each of will have to spend 12.5 lakhs etc.?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks