Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2024, 16:25   #7291
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hello Good People
Been trying to figure out how to be eligible for the Burgundy without blocking 10 Lakhs in a savings account , which essentially means a cost of about 60k a year.
One of the websites mentioned the Total Relationship Value needs to be 30 Lakhs or higher as one of qualifying criteria. It also said NPS/PPF etc also to be included.

Does this mean if I transfer my PPF from my current bank to Axis which has about 25Lakhs in it then I only need to fulfil the deficit by 5 Lakhs in the form of savings account or some investment ?
Old 13th January 2024, 20:41   #7292
Senior - BHPian

My Sbi Elite card yearly fees is due in 10 days.
With Gst it's 6k.
Has anyone tried to reduce the amount by talking to Sbi Customer care?
I don't mind paying it as it gives 500 bookmyshow ticket every month which makes the amount equal but if sbi cc can reduce it then why not.
Old 14th January 2024, 00:04   #7293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
With Gst it's 6k.
I don't mind paying it as it gives 500 bookmyshow ticket every month which makes the amount equal but if sbi cc can reduce it then why not.
I tried last year. But they didn’t reduce given that the yearly spend didn’t cross 10L. But I just tried once, didn’t push too much.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 00:27   #7294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I have the non-metal infinia with an add-on card for my wife. A single statement is generated which includes transactions of both primary and add-on cards. Both cards are treated as a single account for all purposes like statements, reward points, spend targets etc
How about the lounge access for the add on card member?
Old 14th January 2024, 10:04   #7295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
With Gst it's 6k.
No, they don't budge. My wife has it, and they've refused on several occasions over the years.
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 11:12   #7296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
How about the lounge access for the add on card member?
Addon card member gets a separate priority pass in the name of the add on member.
Old 14th January 2024, 11:22   #7297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I tried last year. But they didn’t reduce given that the yearly spend didn’t cross 10L. But I just tried once, didn’t push too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
No, they don't budge. My wife has it, and they've refused on several occasions over the years.
I suspected this. So, no point wasting my time arguing with them. I barely use this card. Would have closed it if it wasn't handy in online sales. Plus has decent limit too.

On another note is it feasible to get Sbi cashback card along this. I belive that's the best card sbi provides in terms of our benefits.
Old 14th January 2024, 11:56   #7298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
Hello Good People
Does this mean if I transfer my PPF from my current bank to Axis which has about 25Lakhs in it then I only need to fulfil the deficit by 5 Lakhs in the form of savings account or some investment ?
Not sure specifically about PPF, but in general, yes. If you transfer your investments to AXIS (like demat/NPS/PPF/MF) etc., then you don't need the 10L balance. Total NRV is what counts and it has to be 30L. You can also get away by making it your salary account if the total incoming salary per month is greater than 3L.
Old 14th January 2024, 12:30   #7299
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Good People
Been trying to figure out how to be eligible for the Burgundy without blocking 10 Lakhs in a savings account , which essentially means a cost of about 60k a year.
One of the websites mentioned the Total Relationship Value needs to be 30 Lakhs or higher as one of qualifying criteria. It also said NPS/PPF etc also to be included.

Hi

Are you referring to the Burgundy or Private banking account?

I thought with these accounts there was a minimum asset holding value (that including bank accounts, demat, FD, etc). You could also open accounts of your family members and they could be clubbed as one (thus summing total balance of these accounts to meet the bank's balance requirement).

Also could use the OD option in lieu of your Fds with the bank, that also gives an additional revenue to the bank and could be negotiated to be part of the balance requirement (by the bank)

Hope that helps
Old 15th January 2024, 13:02   #7300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absingh911 View Post
otal NRV is what counts and it has to be 30L. You can also get away by making it your salary account if the total incoming salary per month is greater than 3L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLife View Post
Hi

Are you referring to the Burgundy or Private banking account?

Hope that helps
I'm referring to upgrading the Magnus to Magnus for Burgundy. I don't have a salary credit that high, and was looking at a loophole to attain the 30 Lakh TRV.
I can open an account with them, if they include the NPS in the TRV I can then transfer my PPF from ICICI to Axis which will take care of the majority of the chunk. Same for NPS , now as I understand NPS is not via any bank, unless they mean to choose Axis as the pension fund manager.
Visiting the bank tomorrow to check on these points, will update here for everyone's sake.
Karan_n8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 13:18   #7301
Senior - BHPian

Which is the best card going around for cashback on Fuel spends? I currently have a SCB titanium, which I have had for 15+ years and is used only for fuel and utility spends. I just realized that for fuel, the per transaction limit for CB is <2k per swipe, which is pretty inconvenient as I drive around a Harrier, not known for its fuel efficiency.

While the preference is for a card which is LTF, I am open to look at other options. I usually prefer filling up in HP, but do not want to restrict it to HP only and that is where the SCB card was worth.
dass is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 15:04   #7302
BHPian

Quote:
I'm referring to upgrading the Magnus to Magnus for Burgundy. I don't have a salary credit that high, and was looking at a loophole to attain the 30 Lakh TRV.
I can open an account with them, if they include the NPS in the TRV I can then transfer my PPF from ICICI to Axis which will take care of the majority of the chunk.
Thanks for the clarification. Will look forward to an update from your end

Sharing some details that my banker has sent the last we explored this. Hope it helps

https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defaul...rgundy-faq.pdf

Regards
Old 15th January 2024, 16:08   #7303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepReading View Post
great combination.
I too have same except AXIS atlas compared to Vistara.
I downgraded from Magnus to Atlas card.
Atlas is good when you are not sure on consumption.
It has 3 levels. 3, 7.5 and 15L. Rewards points are decent with 7.5L spending. better with 15L spend.
I guess you might have considered these two. Can you share specific reason for Vistara?
No, I did not consider or know Atlas or Magnus then. I took the card in June 2018, when I started travelling often domestically. The decision was simple since this was the only flagship airline left (air India isn't worth considering at all). When I started using it, I realised that Gold status makes premium economy travel too relatively good. But there have been a few subtle downgrades to differentiate platinum from gold. And I haven't been able to put this to good use with 2-4 Vistara flights a year for their lack of coverage. Even on international routes, Vistara isn't codesharing with Star Alliance like Air India, so one can book European or Canadian routes.

They say the CC Games' Best advantage is through the trifecta - Airline Status, Hotel loyalty program, and the CC points. Unfortunately, we don't have such lucrative cards and programs here as they have in the USA.

BTW, a question to all: Is there any card or program that offers Lounge access to your guests for free on international travel? I have two Priority passes from Infinia and StanC, but I could only use one on my name and had to use +1 on either card. I would like to know if there's a way around this or any other card with international lounge access. I tried this one at Istanbul Plaza Lounge, and the charge for +1 came after two months.

Last edited by aastiksaluja : 15th January 2024 at 16:23.
Old 15th January 2024, 18:25   #7304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aastiksaluja View Post
BTW, a question to all: Is there any card or program that offers Lounge access to your guests for free on international travel? I have two Priority passes from Infinia and StanC, but I could only use one on my name and had to use +1 on either card. I would like to know if there's a way around this or any other card with international lounge access. I tried this one at Istanbul Plaza Lounge, and the charge for +1 came after two months.
Priority pass that comes with Magnus allows guests as well, and will be counted against the overall limits.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 19:18   #7305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Which is the best card going around for cashback on Fuel spends?
I have been using IDFC First PLUS HP co-branded CC since last July. I get 4% cashback (through reward points). I don't know if this is the best, but in case you are not aware of this card, you may want check it once.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks