Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2023, 18:01   #6541
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I am also in similar situation. Have Regalia since many years, was offered diners, but declined due to issues in acceptance, especially overseas.

I am keenly wanting to upgrade to Infinia, however yet to be successful in that.

Based on my usage, I feel only Infinia or Axis Magnus are desirable.
In the same boat. When I enquired with my RM, he said the below things.

1) It is by invitation only.
2) For an invite, you need to have a minimum limit of 10L on your existing card.
3) Once you get one, we should spend 10L in the next 12 months else the renewal is not free (12500).

I told Thanks but No Thanks
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 18:08   #6542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am interested in the Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card - looks like one cannot apply for this card via Axis Bank website or via their agents but rather via Airtel. Anyone who has this card - how did you go about applying for this card?
I applied through an SMS that i had received couple of times. eKYC did not happen due to some server issue. I did not bother to check as well. But, after couple of days, I got a call from bank that they want to do physical KYC. After that was done, i received the card within next couple of days. But now comes the twist. After receiving the card, I created an account in the mobile app. I was able to generate PIN and all the related stuff. But, when i try to make a transaction, it fails. I am not sure if my card is activated or not. I am trying to reach their CC, but unsuccessful so far!
If anyone has any leads on this, please let me know what to do.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 09:06   #6543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
I presently have a Regalia LTF card and would prefer a LTF upgrade instead of just 1 year free.
I tried to see if I can get Infinia card Life time free but no luck - Tried via my RM, Corporate relationship manager and finally the HDFC CC grievance email. I finally bit the bullet and went ahead for 1st year free upgrade of Infinia and spend based 2nd year waiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Based on my usage, I feel only Infinia or Axis Magnus are desirable.
For high spend and option to save money via GYFTR coupons and cashback, Infinia is very good. Now for the last 2 months, i have completely moved on to spending on my card though they charge 1% surcharge for some spends (School fees etc). But 3.3% reward rate is very interesting.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 11:08   #6544
Senior - BHPian

It's been a few months with my Diner Black card and it has been better than expected. I have not yet faced any acceptance issues (*touchwood*) and was surprised even smaller shops accept the card as it runs on the Rupay network.

The unlimited lounge access is great as even the premium lounges are included (much better than Regalia). I am getting >2X the points value for the same spends against Regalia, additional discounts over the already crazy Dineout offers, etc.

Since this is LTF, I have no concerns of acceptances issues being a hurdle in meeting the spend target but it seems to be pretty good. Only fuel purchases carry a higher surcharge (3.5% and 1% re-imbursed) on non HDFC machines, hence stopped using it for fuel.

For those on Regalia waiting for Infinia, DCB is a pretty good option especially if you can get it LTF via the college Alumni program.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 30th May 2023 at 11:09.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 13:44   #6545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am interested in the Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card - looks like one cannot apply for this card via Axis Bank website or via their agents but rather via Airtel. Anyone who has this card - how did you go about applying for this card?
Got it last year. Open the Airtel thanks app and browse through till you find credit card as an option. With every update the positioning of this section changes so you will have to search a bit. You can apply for this card through the Airtel thanks app only and it should mention whether it is pre approved for you or not. Not sure what happens in case it is not pre approved. Since it was pre approved for me, the process was very simple. Just filled in a few details, did eKYC through Aadhaar and after a few days the card was approved and dispatched.
Quoter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 11:14   #6546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
I had cancelled my Edition card within two months of issuance and that was probably in January '23 or December '22 because they were unwilling to correct my name without putting into the inconvenience of travelling upto Mysore and wasting my entire day. So no question of me receiving the converted Shoprite card.
Received my RBL Bank Shoprite card yesterday.
Limit is same as what it was on the Zomato card, though the welcome letter says annual fee waiver on spends of 1.5 Lacs, an email which came earlier stating Edition card will be closed mentioned the new card will be lifetime free, i hope the latter is true, will keep an eye on the bill.

Welcome letter does say 2000 welcome points on using the card in 30 days, 20x grocery spend points. Will be keeping this as it has a decent limit + lifetime free (hopefully)
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 14:09   #6547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
Received my RBL Bank Shoprite card yesterday.
Limit is same as what it was on the Zomato card, though the welcome letter says annual fee waiver on spends of 1.5 Lacs, an email which came earlier stating Edition card will be closed mentioned the new card will be lifetime free, i hope the latter is true, will keep an eye on the bill.
Well, The RBL Bank website states that the annual fee for their Shoprite card is Rs 500. Hope they waive it off for the Edition Card holders.
The Credit Card Thread-rbl.jpg

If you are looking for a Life Time Free Card, the ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Card is a good option. I already had an ICICI bank LTF Credit Card (Amazon Pay) with a decent limit and ICICI approved my application for the Platinum Chip Card within 2 days of the Video KYC. The new Platinum Cip card is already on its way to me and it has slightly higher limit than my Amazon Pay Credit Card.

They are doing promotions for that card now and chances are you will get yours easily if you have good CIBIL score.

Quote:

Flipkart Axis (Spouse uses) - Good for shopping on Myntra/Flipkart which offers 5% unlimited cashback. 4% on Uber/Swiggy and a few more apps. Strangely bank gave her the card & denied my multiple applications (not sure why, since I have a decent credit score + age)
Axis is notorious for this. I had an Axis Bank Flipkart card that I had not used for a long time. I liked their Indian oil Card for what it offered and asked the Customer Care if my Flipkart Card could be converted to the Indianoil card. They said it can't be, and that I will have to apply for it. As I was not using my Flipkart card, I cancelled it. I applied for the Indianoil card, received a call that my application for the Indianoil card has been provisionally approved and that an agent would come for physical verification of my address an documents. An agent called and said he will come for verification and confirmed the address. 15 days went by, he did not come. The application was rejected for "non-verification" of documents. When I complained about it to Axis customer quoting my application number, they reverted that they cannot find my application number, which was a lie because I could check the application number and the reason for rejection was mentioned on their credit application status link.

I think these guys are after targets. Once their targets are achieved, they do not bother about fresh applications and that is why I said, as ICICI has a promotion running for their Platinum Chip card, chances are you will get it easily.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 1st June 2023 at 14:25.
Old 1st June 2023, 14:13   #6548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
They are doing promotions for that card now and chances are you will get yours easily if you have good CIBIL score.
I do have an sms from RBL stating the shoprite card is free & is a replacement to zomato edition card. Happen to have an amazon pay ICICI card with excessive limit (I increased it from the app when option was available ). Did see the ICICI card ads on facebook, but wasn't sure as having bunch of cards already, will still check out once more if its worth to get it.

The Credit Card Thread-img_20230601_141112.jpg
Old 4th June 2023, 10:05   #6549
BHPian

Quote:
Limit is same as what it was on the Zomato card, though the welcome letter says annual fee waiver on spends of 1.5 Lacs

Welcome letter does say 2000 welcome points on using the card in 30 days, 20x grocery spend points.
Spoke to RBL customer care today and they confirmed that the ₹1.5 lakh spend for the annual fee waiver and the 2000 welcome points do not apply to customers who have converted from the Zomato Edition card.

It will be LTF without any minimum amount of spend required.
Old 4th June 2023, 13:31   #6550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
Spoke to RBL customer care today and they confirmed that the ₹1.5 lakh spend for the annual fee waiver and the 2000 welcome points do not apply to customers who have converted from the Zomato Edition card.

It will be LTF without any minimum amount of spend required.
Yeah, I had made some basic spends to get some reward points but did not get anything. Hopefully they credit the cashback portion.
Old 5th June 2023, 09:03   #6551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
You calculation is quite off here. Also impractical considering you've put all spends via Gyfter. Also return Business for 2 pax is very very improbable with1.7 Lakh points, also you should know getting two tickets on the same flight , in business , via the points , doesn't work most of the times.
That said, Magnus is still a great card.
I dont mean to be rude in anyway but your knowledge on the subject seems limited and is quite off here.

Gyftr Gift Vouchers purchase is extremely underrated. While there are limits in place but even within those limits, there are a lot of spends that can go under Reward multiplier.

Utilities, Fuel, Insurance, Groceries, Clothing, Footwear, Electronics, Medicine, Cabs and so many things can go under 3X to 10X Reward Multiplier.

As for 1.7 Lac Miles not being good enough for Two Business Class Return Tickets:

Singapore Airlines - 1.72 Lac Miles for Two Business Class Return Tickets from India to 8 different countries in South East Asia

Turkish Airlines - 1.32 Lac Miles for Two Business Class Return Tickets from India to anywhere in Europe.

Its not at all difficult to get two business class tickets on one flight. I am deeply involved in Airmiles myself and need 3 Business Class Tickets for Family travel. I also spend about 6-8 Hours a weeks in finding award seats for Friends, family and Clients.

The key to success is knowing which airlines work best for which sector in terms of Award seat availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
In the same boat. When I enquired with my RM, he said the below things.

1) It is by invitation only.
2) For an invite, you need to have a minimum limit of 10L on your existing card.
3) Once you get one, we should spend 10L in the next 12 months else the renewal is not free (12500).

I told Thanks but No Thanks
Did you end up saying no just because you dont see yourself spending 10 Lacs in 12 Months?

If yes, that's not a great analysis. Just because a card has an Annual Fee Waiver Milestone, it does not mean that you have to achieve it. Most card issuers compensate the annual fee decently well reducing the impact to the cardholder. Then why worry about meeting the spend waiver milestone. Just use as much as you spend regularly and reap the rewards.
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 09:08   #6552
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I dont mean to be rude in anyway but your knowledge on the subject seems limited and is quite off
As for 1.7 Lac Miles not being good enough for Two Business Class Return Tickets:

Singapore Airlines - 1.72 Lac Miles for Two Business Class Return Tickets from India to 8 different countries in South East Asia

Turkish Airlines - 1.32 Lac Miles for Two Business Class Return Tickets from India to anywhere in Europe.

Its not at all difficult to get two business class tickets on one flight. I am deeply involved in Airmiles myself and need 3 Business Class Tickets for Family travel. I also spend about 6-8 Hours a weeks in finding award seats for Friends, family and Clients.

The key to success is knowing which airlines work best for which sector in terms of Award seat availability.

Quite an analysis. Indeed it is possible to get business class tickets on flights using card rewards. In fact, that’s one of the big incentives to have a good credit card. Travel is the best category of redemption even though these last couple years the card companies only allow 70% to be paid by reward points and the remaining 30% to be paid with the card. In the earlier days, my wife and I ve travelled a lot by simply burning our credit card points.
Old 5th June 2023, 09:12   #6553
Distinguished - BHPian

Strange incident recently. Signed up for the new SBI-Paytm RuPay card but got a Visa card instead! Trying to cancel the same and move to RuPay.

No where on any online form was it mentioned what the network will be.
Old 5th June 2023, 09:16   #6554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Strange incident recently. Signed up for the new SBI-Paytm RuPay card but got a Visa card instead! Trying to cancel the same and move to RuPay.

No where on any online form was it mentioned what the network will be.
I've had 2 SBI cards in the past & closed both of them.
IRCTC Card - No reward catalogue, No additional benefit except not having to buy a platform ticket.
SBI FBB Card - Took it to help the salesman, who stated "You'll be helping me save my job", unfortunately FBB chain closed & the card was more or less useless, so closed it.

I still get random calls from SBI once a week or so, I ask them if they've checked to the fact that I'm an old customer, they ask for "Referral" and disconnect the call.
Old 5th June 2023, 12:19   #6555
Team-BHP Support

Is anyone using a credit card for UPI payments (instead of linking it to a bank account)?

Which card?

HDFC is not offering me one because they are currently issuing an additional UPI card to those who already have an HDFC CC and I do not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks