Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2023, 11:55   #6406
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Smartbuy don't offer additional discounts that you may get if booked directly through other portal.
Didn't understand this. Why would you not just book Hotel A directly through the smartbuy link to MMT?

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 19:56. Reason: Quote trimmed.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 13:04   #6407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Didn't understand this. Why would you not just book Hotel A directly through the smartbuy link to MMT?
I said "any" hotel, that includes hotel A. But sometime Hotel A might not have zero cancellation, like you are trying last minute booking. For the case where you want to apply the coupon which are available on regular MMT on Hotel A but same rate is not available on MMT partner link through HDFC smartbuy, this workaround might be helpful.

I recently noticed that difference between MMT through partner link & direct booking on MMT had difference of Rs 500+ for a hotel with terrif of 5K/night. I wanted to book a day before and my choice of hotel was past free cancellation. Workaround I mentioned earlier, helped me to go the 10X benefit as well as coupon benefit of directly booking on MMT.
VaibhaoT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 13:39   #6408
BHPian

I had a query,
I applied for the SBI Prime Card through Yono app and then it showed that the card had been approved. Then, the next week I got a call from the call centre saying that I needed to submit the front side copy of my existing card for verification, with full 16-digit numbers along with my last statement.

I refused to do this saying I don't feel comfortable doing this after having the ekyc in place etc. Is it normal for the card companies to ask for full details of alternate cards?
Old 11th April 2023, 14:11   #6409
BHPian

I ALWAYS go with Hyatt but circumstances forced me to go with Marriott this time. I almost always pay upfront for the complete stay and was willing to do so this time as well. Unlike Hyatt, Marriott insisted on storing the 16 digit in their systems so as to allow them to charge for any extras I may consume during the stay.

I thought RBI had prohibited this ? Am I missing something ...

Last edited by vinu_h : 11th April 2023 at 14:13.
Old 11th April 2023, 14:47   #6410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Is it normal for the card companies to ask for full details of alternate cards?
Strange. I have never encountered or heard of a procedure where someone must share a card's image. It was wise of you to say no.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 19:56. Reason: Quote trimmed.
GhostGrid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 16:19   #6411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
This is normal practice I have seen for both Holiday Inn and Marriott. Have not been overcharged by them though they have my card details on record (have membership with both these chains).

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 19:57. Reason: Typos, spacing, grammar.
Old 11th April 2023, 17:30   #6412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's their standard practice they follow globally as well as in India. I haven't had any issue with billing during any of my stays at Marriott.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 19:57. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 11th April 2023, 17:42   #6413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
This is normal practice I have seen for both Holiday Inn and Marriott.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
That's their standard practice they follow globally as well as in India. I haven't had any issue with billing during any of my stays at Marriott.
I know they won't bill more than they should or misuse, but, my point is that RBI prohibits such establishments from storing credit card numbers in their systems. Their systems can be exposed by bad actors and RBI did this to protect us from it.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 19:58. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
Old 11th April 2023, 17:52   #6414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know they won't bill more than they should or misuse, but, my point is that RBI prohibits such establishments from storing credit card numbers in their systems. Their systems can be exposed by bad actors and RBI did this to protect us from it.
Card details can still be stored by merchants and payment sites. As far as I understand, RBI has a regulation on how the card details are to be stored (tokens?).
Old 11th April 2023, 18:58   #6415
BHPian

I'm not able to recharge my paytm fastag via CRED using credit card. It only shows UPI/debit card etc., for fastag recharge. Seems fastag recharge via credit card is gone now.
Everlearner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 19:41   #6416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I'm not able to recharge my paytm fastag via CRED using credit card. It only shows UPI/debit card etc., for fastag recharge. Seems fastag recharge via credit card is gone now.
Try on Mobikwik, you can recharge upto 2500/ per month.
Also via Swiggy/Uber you can recharge PayTM wallet upto 4000/ per month.
That is total 6500/ per month.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 21:26   #6417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
this is normal practise i have seen for both Holiday Inn and Marriott. Have not been overcharged by them though they have my card details on record (have membership with both these chains)
As of last week, a Mariott hotel in Europe pre-charged the amount at check-in so that they don't need to save the card. So I think it is also changing.
Old 12th April 2023, 15:26   #6418
BHPian

Hi guys, I have an issue with my amazonpay ICICI card. This is the only credit card that I have and I have been meaning to order a laptop from BestBuy.com in the US and have it delivered to a cousin so he could bring it to India. Now the problem is that the transaction amount of around 1500 USD keeps getting witheld due to security reasons and despite reaching out to the uselesss customer service, no one seems to be of any help. They keep treating me like an idiot suggesting I turn on international transactions in the imobile app, like I never though of that! I am wondering if this is just an amazonpay credit card thing or am I better off just applying for another credit card that actually works? Any suggestions please?
Old 12th April 2023, 16:09   #6419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Any suggestions please?
It is actually a system-generated security pattern followed by banks, so when you got this message, your bank had probably blocked your card for that particular transaction for the next 24 hours. Therefore, it makes no difference how many times you try. In most cases, they have also blocked the card, which can be unblocked via the ICICI Card app.

Now before doing that particular transaction, the following can be checked (ignore if you have already done so):

1) Wait at least 48 hours before going to the same site.

2) Kindly double-check the international transaction limit.

3) Add 20 or 50 rupees to your Paytm wallet to temporarily alter the pattern.

4) If none of them work out, then wish for some sensible customer care executive who can help you out.
GhostGrid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 17:55   #6420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
There were some insurance and other bill payments happened an year back. They had mistakenly calculated 5% cashback instead of 2%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Just confirmed with customer care, they had processed 4% cashback instead of 2% back in Dec 22 for an insurance payment.
Did you actually get the excess as they claimed?

Checked my statements and discovered that they paid 2% and reversed the same amount back claiming they paid out 4%, which was not the case.

Repeated mails to them are met with the same template response that they paid excess 2%, without providing the specific details which I sought viz.
1. How much was the eligible cash back?
2. How much was actually paid?

They are not providing any escalation ID either.

The call centre is of no help either, as they were unable (Or pretending) to even calculate the difference between 2% & 4%.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks