Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2023, 22:12   #6481
mtk
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I was exploring some credit cards with International transaction benefits and Lounge benefits (both domestic and International). I happen to come across a card from RBL called 'World Safari Credit Card'. What I liked was these
  • 0% mark-up charges
  • Complementary Priority Pass for lounge access
Are there any users of this card here? Would like to hear about your experience.
Old 3rd May 2023, 08:05   #6482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
I was exploring some credit cards with International transaction benefits and Lounge benefits (both domestic and International). I happen to come across a card from RBL called 'World Safari Credit Card'. What I liked was these
  • 0% mark-up charges
  • Complementary Priority Pass for lounge access
Are there any users of this card here? Would like to hear about your experience.
I am not using it, because the International lounge access of 2 per year is way too low for this card.
The reward rate is also low at approximately 2%, so it isn't a daily driver.
I prefer to use Infinia as it gives me 3.3% reward rate but charges approx. 2.36% forex mark-up. By enrolling in the Global Value Program of HDFC, you can get 1% cashback upto 1000 per statement cycle. The Priority Pass with Infinia also gives unlimited access in International lounges which is a boon.
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 12:04   #6483
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I am not using it, because the International lounge access of 2 per year is way too low for this card.
The reward rate is also low at approximately 2%, so it isn't a daily driver.
I prefer to use Infinia as it gives me 3.3% reward rate but charges approx. 2.36% forex mark-up. By enrolling in the Global Value Program of HDFC, you can get 1% cashback upto 1000 per statement cycle. The Priority Pass with Infinia also gives unlimited access in International lounges which is a boon.
I need to check this out then. Thanks a bunch.
Old 4th May 2023, 10:58   #6484
BHPian

What's the best fuel credit card out there? I currently have a Diners Black and Citi rewards card. Planning to get the latter closed and get a fuel card in it's place. Monthly spend on fuel is around 4-5k.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 15:26   #6485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
What's the best fuel credit card out there? I currently have a Diners Black and Citi rewards card. Planning to get the latter closed and get a fuel card in it's place. Monthly spend on fuel is around 4-5k.
Even I was looking for the same. Most probably will finalize on SBI BPCL card which has a reward rate of 4.5% for fuel purchases until 10k. Post that there will be no benefits I guess. There is one more SBI BPCL Octane card with a higher reward rate but it also has a higher joining fee (1500 + taxes).
Highh5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 17:03   #6486
Senior - BHPian

I've seen a few posts on lounge access with the HDFC Regalia Card.
I have the primary card and my wife has an add on card.
For domestic lounge access, are we both eligible for free access or is it only primary card holder.
Also, should the primary card holder swipe for both of us or do we both need to swipe our respective cards.
The customer support team was a little unsure. "Most likely you can swipe your card twice for both of you," was the final verdict which appears a little vague.
Also how does kids access work for lounges - looking at Kolkata airport.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 17:12   #6487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
For domestic lounge access, are we both eligible for free access or is it only primary card holder.
Also, should the primary card holder swipe for both of us or do we both need to swipe our respective cards.
The customer support team was a little unsure. "Most likely you can swipe your card twice for both of you," was the final verdict which appears a little vague.
Not sure about kids. But every adult has to swipe their own card and the name has to match what’s on the boarding pass.

In this case, both you and your wife will have to swipe the primary and add on card respectively. It will be counted as 2 lounge visits against your total annual/quarterly eligibility.

Last edited by warrioraks : 4th May 2023 at 17:40.
Old 4th May 2023, 17:42   #6488
BHPian

Quote:
Indian lounges are not strict with name match of cards, boarding pass etc. Regalia has limited lounge access and your spouse can swipe her add on for her entry. It will deduct from overall yearly quota. Please note you cannot swipe the same card second time within two hours in the same airport lounge. If you have guests and cards allow IIT, they will add it as +1. Otherwise guest entry becomes chargeable. Don't know the charges in India but outside India it will be 25 to 30 USD.

So you need to find another card that has lounge access and swipe for kid. Now a days Debit cards also provide domestic lounge access. Rupay platinum Debit card is one such at less cost or free with many savings account. If you are keen to have the card with your kid name, check HDFC kids account and it comes with Rupay platinum Debit card. But it has MAB reqts and if you are in any banking relationship programs it will become nil balance under family banking.
thanixravindran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 12:01   #6489
BHPian

Bad news for Axis Ace credit card holders. Today morning received SMS from Axis stating that with effect from June 15 the cashback terms have been revised. The new changes are as follows:

From June 15, the 5% category (utility bill payments, DTH recharges, mobile recharges through Google pay) combined with 4% category (Swiggy, Zomato, Ola) will have a max cashback of 500 capped per month. The 2% category (all other offline/online spends) will continue to have unlimited cashback.

Received this card barely two weeks ago as a preapproved offer on Google pay. Felt so happy then. Now this

For someone whose spends are not going to cross 2 lakhs per year, I am not sure if it still makes sense to pay the yearly 499 plus GST charges.
PranavDesai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 12:31   #6490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PranavDesai View Post
For someone whose spends are not going to cross 2 lakhs per year, I am not sure if it still makes sense to pay the yearly 499 plus GST charges.
If you are able to get 500 cashback per month, then what would be the concern with paying this Rs 499 annual fees?

I am just curious since in the first part of the post, you seem unhappy with the capping of cashback to 500 per month. The way I read it was - despite the capping, one can easily recover the annual fees many times over.

Last edited by warrioraks : 5th May 2023 at 12:32.
Old 5th May 2023, 13:32   #6491
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I have a question regarding reversed transactions and bill payments. E.g. I do 10 transactions of Rs 10 each in a cycle and Rs 100 bill is generated at the end of the cycle. After the bill generation one transaction is reversed. Now, do I still have to pay Rs 100 to the bank or paying Rs 90 would suffice?
Old 5th May 2023, 13:36   #6492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hi, I have a question regarding reversed transactions and bill payments.
You have to pay either the full statement amount or minimum amount due (which will be subject to interest). Any reversal / refunds after the statement generation date don't count as payment / don't offset the due payment amount.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 13:40   #6493
BHPian

Quote:
..... - looking at Kolkata airport.
You can swipe yours and your wife will have to swipe her Add on card. (any ways the numbers on the add on card are the same as yours) and you both can enter.
toiingg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 23:38   #6494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Cust care resisted vigorously at first asking me to take it up with the fuel station, finally got them to dispute and investigate it.
Update - Axis Bank ruled in my favor

Question - I did a couple of big transactions 20 mins past midnight on May 1st. Surprisingly, it's showing up as done on 30th April in the statement. The sms, email and order conf all bear the 1st May stamp. If this is normal, at which minute does next day begin as per bank clock ?
Old 8th May 2023, 10:02   #6495
BHPian

I have an Axis Magnus credit card with add-on cards for my spouse and my mother. The major glitch or security issue I see with these add-on cards is the inability to control the card limits using the Axis Bank app or website. The only possibility is to control it through the customer care phone service, which is not completely IVR-enabled. We need the customer care representative to select options. Even if we go through all these hassles, the features can only be enabled or disabled for a particular type. There is no way we can reduce the usage limit, as we can for the primary card. This is strange and uncomfortable. Have you had any experience or workarounds in this aspect?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks