Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2023, 12:51   #6556
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Is anyone using a credit card for UPI payments (instead of linking it to a bank account)?

Which card?

HDFC is not offering me one because they are currently issuing an additional UPI card to those who already have an HDFC CC and I do not.
I am using the HDFC Neu credit card on RuPay which I applied through the Tata Neu app.
denzdm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 13:20   #6557
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzdm View Post
I am using the HDFC Neu credit card on RuPay which I applied through the Tata Neu app.
And you use the HDFC Bank app to make UPI payments linked to this credit card?
Old 5th June 2023, 13:21   #6558
BHPian

Quote:
Is anyone using a credit card for UPI payments (instead of linking it to a bank account)?

Which card?
I'm using Axis Bank IndianOil RuPay Credit Card, works seamlessly for UPI via PayTM, BHIM, PhonePe etc.
I had not specified card network while applying, but pleasently surprised when I received RuPay. It gives reward points too, for UPI transactions.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 13:45   #6559
BHPian

Quote:
And you use the HDFC Bank app to make UPI payments linked to this credit card?
Not tried the HDFC Payzapp app yet. Been using PayTM.
denzdm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 19:31   #6560
BHPian

What spends would be best suited to maximize returns and rewards on the Amex Platinum Travel?

Would anyone have some good suggestions or recommendations handy on maximizing the rewards for spends on this card?
Old 5th June 2023, 19:53   #6561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Which card?

PnB platinum Rupay card through Phonepay. I applied through the Rupay Website. While the payments have been pretty seamless, getting this card was a major pain with the amount of documentation the bank required.
dass is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 20:44   #6562
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
PnB platinum Rupay card through Phonepay. I applied through the Rupay Website. While the payments have been pretty seamless, getting this card was a major pain with the amount of documentation the bank required.
Are these payments processed as Cash Advances? If regular merchant payment then who pays for the interest-free period? UPI is usually a low charge for merchants against a higher charge for Creditcard.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th June 2023 at 20:45.
Old 6th June 2023, 07:18   #6563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
What spends would be best suited to maximize returns and rewards on the Amex Platinum Travel?

Would anyone have some good suggestions or recommendations handy on maximizing the rewards for spends on this card?
If you have a lump-sump payment to be made every year (like Insurance, Maintenance, Utility bills), then this card is great for you.
However, Amex doesn't give points on those categories, but runs a promotion in January - March of every year.

You can check this blog
Old 6th June 2023, 08:52   #6564
BHPian

I have several priority pass cards, all valid. I am looking to identify the one that came with the Magnus. Fair to say that the expiry of the PP nearest to that of Magnus is one ? Is that the right way to go about this ?
Old 6th June 2023, 11:07   #6565

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I am looking to identify the one that came with the Magnus.
Priority Pass cards issued by different banks usually comes with a different format for the priority pass number. The one that came with my Magnus has 18 digits with a space after the 6th and 11th digits. If this card has a similar format it should be the one that came with your Magnus.
Noctis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 12:46   #6566
BHPian

Upto 4k free Paytm Wallet loading is off through swiggy it appears. A convenience fee is being charged for the wallet loading with credit cards.

Last edited by aadya : 6th June 2023 at 12:53. Reason: additional info
Old 6th June 2023, 13:11   #6567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Upto 4k free Paytm Wallet loading is off through swiggy it appears. A convenience fee is being charged for the wallet loading with credit cards.
There used to be an era when loading paytm wallet with credit cards was free, now they charge a hefty 2.5% fee.
Old 6th June 2023, 14:18   #6568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Upto 4k free Paytm Wallet loading is off through swiggy it appears.
It is still working through Uber, though. Just loaded the paytm wallet.
Old 6th June 2023, 14:24   #6569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Exactly! The amount of days spent to get this card and time to just reach their representative for video KYC was a lot! But then it was worth it at the end.
Old 6th June 2023, 14:35   #6570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Are these payments processed as Cash Advances? If regular merchant payment then who pays for the interest-free period? UPI is usually a low charge for merchants against a higher charge for Creditcard.
I believe this is just the beginning of a promotion to encourage people to use Rupay cards instead of Visa or Mastercard. To encourage people to adopt Rupay, there must be some enticing benefits associated with it. Additionally, with the introduction of Rupay UPI, all banks have come forward with Rupay credit card UPI options.

https://www.rupay.co.in/rupay-credit-card-on-upi

Currently, there are no charges associated with using a credit card for UPI payments. However, it is possible that in the future, once the service gains popularity, there may be a fixed monthly charge for utilizing a credit card for UPI transactions.

Rupay credit card on UPI gained significant popularity through IPL advertisements this year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks