Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2023, 09:02   #6691
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
Can you suggest some good Fuel RuPay cards? I am thinking of applying for a Kotak IOCL card which gives 4% cashback, upto Rs. 300 pm on fuel spends at IOCL.
You can also try Axis Bank IndianOil RuPay card. It has annual fee of 499/ waived after spending 50000/ per year.
4% rewards and 1% surcharge waiver for fuel payment at IndianOil Outlets. Useful as long as your calendar month fuel spends are 5000 or less.
Works well on UPI too.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 10:49   #6692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
So does it mean that HDFC can't refuse me a UPI card, while offering a VISA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Yes. That's what the circular says.

Some banks are taking requests and doing it even now.

But they will be forced to do it from October 01, 2023.
I think many have misinterpreted the circular.

Point 3b states "Card issuers shall issue cards across more than one card network".

Banks can simply say there is one Visa and one Mastercard option. Please choose any one and they become compliant.
Atleast, those are my thoughts on the interpretation of the circular.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 00:28   #6693

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
You can also try Axis Bank IndianOil RuPay card. It has annual fee of 499/ waived after spending 50000/ per year.
4% rewards and 1% surcharge waiver for fuel payment at IndianOil Outlets. Useful as long as your calendar month fuel spends are 5000 or less.
Works well on UPI too.
It is available LTF now.
sshekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 17:05   #6694
BHPian

Gents , Travel Edge to Vistara conversion is back again. Make hay while the sun shines!
Old 8th July 2023, 21:46   #6695
BHPian

Slightly OT for this thread but I'm desperate enough to give it a shot.

I'm unable to renew my NYT digital subscription using my Indian credit cards (Citibank & ICICI) due to the RBI restrictions on recurring transactions. Last year, NYT had offered a way to renew on an annual basis in June 2022. But this time, I'm unable to renew it even after repeated emails to customer care and a call to their helpline number.

They suggest using a USA credit card which is of course impractical/impossible.

Has anyone successfully renewed their NYT subscription with an Indian credit card?

Thanks!
Old 8th July 2023, 22:28   #6696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusMan View Post
Has anyone successfully renewed their NYT subscription with an Indian credit card?

Thanks!
Try via Paypal. Should work
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 22:44   #6697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Try via Paypal. Should work
Does this mean using a Paypal credit card or linking an existing card to Paypal?

In fact the customer service rep had suggested Paypal too but I had dismissed it as impractical since I didn't know about the facility to link it to an Indian credit card.

Sounds plausible. Thanks for the tip!
Old 8th July 2023, 22:46   #6698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusMan View Post
Does this mean using a Paypal credit card or linking an existing card to Paypal?

In fact the customer service rep had suggested Paypal too but I had dismissed it as impractical since I didn't know about the facility to link it to an Indian credit card.

Sounds plausible. Thanks for the tip!
Create a Paypal account and link your SB/credit card to it. That's it.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 08:47   #6699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi - just wanted to check if anyone is using Niyo's forex card? If so, what is the Visa conversion charges levied for determining the ultimate forex conversion. Thanks
You can check the Visa exchange rate from the below link. Since there is no markup, you can put the percentage as 0.

https://www.visa.co.in/support/consu...alculator.html
Old 9th July 2023, 12:37   #6700
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using IDFC first bank credit card?
I keep getting msgs from them to get one.
Are they any good?
Old 10th July 2023, 11:57   #6701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Anyone using IDFC first bank credit card?
I keep getting msgs from them to get one.
Are they any good?
I have IDFC first Wealth Card, it has decent benefits, took mainly because LTF and has international lounge access plus more lounges in India comapred to other cards I have. Haven't had any issue with service or acceptability as it is Visa card. I have been using only for about 6 months now.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 11:58   #6702

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Works well on UPI too.
To add to this, Axis bank using the same points pool across their cards. So yo can essentially double the reward rate to 8% by getting a Priviledge card and redeeming the points for multi brand vouchers. Those with Magnus can also use the points from the fuel card for airmiles, effectively getting even more value from it.
Old 10th July 2023, 12:09   #6703
BHPian

I wanted a Rupay card and attempted to apply at Bank of Baroda, but I received a Visa card instead. Consequently, I closed that account and tried PNB, but I experienced a lack of proper response and was unable to track the application accurately.

Meanwhile, I had an unused HDFC credit card that had been sitting idle for 5 years. I sent an email to HDFC requesting them to convert it into a Rupay card, and they successfully fulfilled my request. They dispatched the new Rupay card within just 5 working days. I added it to my Paytm UPI payment and it has been working flawlessly.
raptor_diwan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 12:16   #6704
Senior - BHPian

Faced an issue with SBI cards recently where a Pune aiport parking swipe was tagged under the 'rental payment' MCC code and I was charged a fee of 199+GST against 'rental payment'.

I tried taking this up with SBI and all escalations were reverted with a 'charge cannot be reversed' stand and they weren't even willing to consider that I could offer proof it wasn't a rental transaction. It kind of put me off SBI actually and I subsequently closed the card since I wasn't using it much anyway.

Anyone else faced such an issue and what resolution options are available in such cases ? I can't be expected to go and question the parking service provider that the wrong MCC code is being used !
Old 10th July 2023, 13:54   #6705
BHPian

Re: Party over for Axis Magnus

If rumors are to be believed, the party is very much over for Axis Magnus card holders. A major devaluation is underway starting on 12th August. The biggest one is the 5:4 transfer of miles will become 5:1 (5 edge reward points = 1 airmiles) worst for Accor transfer, which is 10:1.

Worst of all, the spends you have already done and waiting for the credit of bonus miles with waiting period of 90-120 days all of them will be devalued by the time you get them.

More info here:
https://www.desidime.com/discussions...-aug-12th-2023
gismosin is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks