Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2023, 15:11   #6736
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Just curious why didn't you get a virtual Rupay card? I have HDFC Diners card and was looking to get a Rupay card for both UPI payments and to pay small merchant who typically don't accept Diners. At the same time I really didn't want another physical card. Hence got a virtual Rupay card from HDFC and it got activated almost instantaneously.
Very good point. My rationale was to avoid rocking the boat and get the conversion to RuPay Regalia first. Will take next steps depending on the experience.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 20:26   #6737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
But what about UPI payment at petrol pumps using this card ? Does it earn reward points ?
Although we don't get any reward points for fuel transactions, I've been getting about 0.99% cashback as "Petro Surcharge Waiver" on my HDFC Tata Neu Infinity card even though there is no surcharge levied.

Name:  fuelsurchargehdfc.png
Views: 277
Size:  10.2 KB

In the above, the UPI transaction was made for the exact amount show ie there was no additional surcharge added, however a credit of about 0.99% was added when the transaction got posted.

The cashback like this seem to be capped at Rs 50.9 ie spends till about Rs 5100. I realized this when another higher value non-fuel transaction also got this same type of cashback. I am guessing that the particular merchant has incorrectly tagged their merchant UPI account under the fuel category.
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 21:24   #6738
Senior - BHPian

I noticed something strange (and pleasent) at the same time today.

Went to the local Farmet's market (Sabzi Mandi). Generally, the vendors are not tagged as merchants or business, so the UPI transaction is executed via the Bank Account (or Paytm balance in some cases).

But I was surprised when 4 out of 6 vendors I transacted from UPI, I could use the Rupay credit card for the transaction ! Not sure how these small time vendors are tagged as "Business".

This is just amazing. So this is like indirectly using credit card and earning points for transactions at the local vegetable cart vendors. Who would have thought about this 5-6 years back ?!
DCEite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 10:32   #6739
BHPian

For the first time since I started using my Axis Bank RuPay Credit card on UPI, I faced 5 transaction failures same day yesterday.
Tried paying IndianOil via credit card UPI via PhonePe, failed, same card swipe worked.
Tried paying at milk booth, failed via PayTM, worked on PhonePe.
Tried registering for running event via PhonePe, failed, worked on PayTM.
but during all 3 transactions above, amount was deducted. Will follow up with the bank after 3 working days.
Two more transactions failed mentioning that I have exceeded number of transactions per day! Never seen this with UPI before.
Old 17th July 2023, 13:58   #6740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
For the first time since I started using my Axis Bank RuPay Credit card on UPI, I faced 5 transaction failures same day yesterday.
Tried paying IndianOil via credit card UPI via PhonePe, failed, same card swipe worked.
Tried paying at milk booth, failed via PayTM, worked on PhonePe.
Tried registering for running event via PhonePe, failed, worked on PayTM.
but during all 3 transactions above, amount was deducted. Will follow up with the bank after 3 working days.
Two more transactions failed mentioning that I have exceeded number of transactions per day! Never seen this with UPI before.
I have similar observations with my HDFC Tata Neu Rupay card. The card on UPI works seamlessly on Paytm, but not on phonepe or google pay. So, sticking to paytm for all upi transactions now
Old 17th July 2023, 14:45   #6741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Just curious why didn't you get a virtual Rupay card? I have HDFC Diners card and was looking to get a Rupay card for both UPI payments and to pay small merchant who typically don't accept Diners. At the same time I really didn't want another physical card. Hence got a virtual Rupay card from HDFC and it got activated almost instantaneously.
How does one apply for the HDFC Rupay card? I am not able to find any apply online option.
Old 17th July 2023, 15:01   #6742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
How does one apply for the HDFC Rupay card? I am not able to find any apply online option.
I got a pop-up to apply when I logged into HDFC Mobile app today.
EDIT: There is a message on app as well - and looks like its a virtual card only.

Last edited by somspaple : 17th July 2023 at 15:05.
somspaple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 15:03   #6743
BHPian

Quote:
Do try this link

https://applyonline.hdfcbank.com/car...=NPCIRUPAY#nbb
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 15:06   #6744
BHPian

Quote:
If you have tata Neu app, you can apply for this card from under credit section.
Old 17th July 2023, 16:27   #6745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
If you have tata Neu app, you can apply for this card from under credit section.
I applied through the app a couple of months ago and it is stuck in verification since. No way to follow up. I keep getting sms every now and then that the verification will take a week. IVR or website also just give the same status.
Old 17th July 2023, 18:26   #6746
BHPian

Hi,

I struggled with my Citibank card as well, but then my local amex went through without any problem for NYT annual renewal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusMan View Post
Slightly OT for this thread but I'm desperate enough to give it a shot.

I'm unable to renew my NYT digital subscription using my Indian credit cards (Citibank & ICICI) due to the RBI restrictions on recurring transactions. Last year, NYT had offered a way to renew on an annual basis in June 2022. But this time, I'm unable to renew it even after repeated emails to customer care and a call to their helpline number.

They suggest using a USA credit card which is of course impractical/impossible.

Has anyone successfully renewed their NYT subscription with an Indian credit card?

Thanks!
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 18:49   #6747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
With respect to Fuel Rupay cards; I'd suggest the following:-

a) IDFC First Power Plus RuPay Select Credit Card
b) IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
You can also try Axis Bank IndianOil RuPay card.
Thank you. I am inclined to apply for the IndianOil HDFC card, since the monthly fuel spend does not seem to be capped at INR 5k per month unlike the Axis card.
Old 17th July 2023, 18:59   #6748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I discussed with the branch manager, and he sent me a link to apply for it.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 19:24   #6749
BHPian

I just load Paytm wallett with Infinia credit card. Every time I do this it charges 2% service charge plus gst but I am ok with this because reward points earned and redeemed via airline tickets covers the cost. Eg on every 150 Rs I pay 3.54 as service charge but in return get 5 RP with each point worth 1 RS for airline tickets. Plus don't have to pay anything upfront from bank account.

Also it helps me avoid getting rupay card and adding more complexity in life just to save 2%. Anyone else has any better suggestion?
Old 17th July 2023, 20:05   #6750
BHPian

I have to make a USD payment of $650, hence wanted to check with experts on the forum which out of the following cards is the cheapest or best option in terms of markup fees:
  • HDFC Diners Black
  • ICICI - Sapphiro, Amazon Pay cards
  • Amex- Rewards
  • HDFC Tata Neupay - Rupay
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by diablo29 : 17th July 2023 at 20:09. Reason: Formatting, and Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks