Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2023, 15:11   #6766
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Got a virtual Rupay HDFC CC from HDFC My cards app with a annual fee of Rs.250+GST (Spending
25000/yr gets it reversed)

The card was setup in 5 mins sharing my existing HDFC CC limit and did a purchase y'day and all is well

Maybe this is the shortest route.
Did you mean https://mycards.hdfcbank.com/
I am not able to find any app with the given name and nor does the above portal show an option for generating a virtual card.
Old 19th July 2023, 15:38   #6767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Did you mean https://mycards.hdfcbank.com/
I am not able to find any app with the given name and nor does the above portal show an option for generating a virtual card.
Yes the same. Sorry should have been a bit more clear. The page gives an option to have it like an app even though it uses chrome underneath. Since I have been using it for quiet a long time so forgot that it is not an app.

Have you added your CC card there? If not add it and then you can view the banner for Rupay virtual card. I got a MSG from HDFC in my WhatsApp too

"Dear Kumar,

Thankyou for trusting HDFC with your banking needs.

You are eligible for HDFC Bank UPI Rupay Virtual Credit Card.Now enjoy seamless UPI transactions and credit period of up to 50 days

Click here to move forward hdfcbk.io/k/DUvf"
Old 20th July 2023, 01:26   #6768
BHPian

HDFC is going to launch the Swiggy branded Credit Card soon, which have already rolled out to some pilot users I believe. Will give competition to its own Millenia and a boon to users like me who spend over 10K per month eating out, mostly on Swiggy.

The Credit Card Thread-hdfcbanktosoonlaunchthecobrandedswiggyhdfcbankcreditcardpost.jpg

https://cardinsider.com/blog/hdfc-ba...k-credit-card/

Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 09:01   #6769
Senior - BHPian

Has CRED stopped 3 spins for every credit card bill payment? I was getting 3 spins for every payment till earlier this month but last payment I got only 2 spins. Is there any limit on how many payments you can do in a month?

This is my 9th payment this month.

For reference even last month I did 9 payments and got 27 spins in total.
Old 21st July 2023, 15:49   #6770
BHPian

Axis Magnus - Revision to rewards

Axis Magnus - I transferred all of my points at 5:4 the moment I saw this. Not too attractive at 5:2 any more. I have only skimmed thru, will leave it to the experts.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 17:26   #6771
BHPian

Re: Axis Magnus - Revision to rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Axis Magnus - I transferred all of my points at 5:4 the moment I saw this. Not too attractive at 5:2 any more. I have only skimmed thru, will leave it to the experts.
Thankfully there time till 1st September. They will give 25k spend bonus for May and June by July 31st and July by August 10th. That can also be used for 5:4. After only memory of the good old days remain
alexgv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 23:36   #6772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo29 View Post
I have to make a USD payment of $650, hence wanted to check with experts on the forum which out of the following cards is the cheapest or best option in terms of markup fees:
  • HDFC Diners Black
  • ICICI - Sapphiro, Amazon Pay cards
  • Amex- Rewards
  • HDFC Tata Neupay - Rupay
Thanks in advance.
If you have luxury of time, cheapest overall, incl. exchange fee would be to just buy a prepaid card from one of the banks. You'll get a much better exchange rate - you can even negotiate it. Then use it to pay.
Difference - no credit period, but lower total costs.
Also, most of these cards are valid for 5 years, so you can refill & repeat for your next payment also!!
aashishnb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 11:11   #6773
BHPian

Applied and received my first Rupay CC: Axis Indian Oil Rupay Card. I had initially applied for the Kotak IOCL Rupay Card which got rejected since I did not meet their criteria, god knows what criteria they have since my CIBIL is good and I have multiple CCs with decent limits, I am actually happy that it got rejected since it was a paid card with Rs.500 annual fee.

Anyway coming back to Axis, their application process was online through their website, although the website is not very user-friendly I was able to complete the application and video-KYC in few attempts. Got the LTF free offer, thanks to the tip from sshekhar. The process took a lot of time time from application to delivery even though I had 2 cards from Axis already, they could've sped up the process by cutting out the KYC step, it took about 12 days in total whereas I have received cards much faster (within 2-3 days) from ICICI, SBI etc. I have got a good credit limit which is twice that of the existing limits of my other Axis cards. The most important reason for me was to to be able to link Rupay CC and make UPI transactions. I linked the card in PayTM and made two UPI payments, one was at a fuel station and the other was at a small road side eatery, both of the payments went through without any issue. Henceforth I will try to do all UPI transactions through this card and enjoy the reward points along with the extended credit period for repayments!
Old 24th July 2023, 16:42   #6774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishnb View Post
If you have luxury of time, cheapest overall, incl. exchange fee would be to just buy a prepaid card from one of the banks. You'll get a much better exchange rate - you can even negotiate it. Then use it to pay.
Difference - no credit period, but lower total costs.
Also, most of these cards are valid for 5 years, so you can refill & repeat for your next payment also!!
Thanks, this is another great idea. Please correct me if I am wrong, the forex dealers / card issuers do ask for a visa and relevant ravel documents with passport before issuing the prepaid forex card right ? I do have valid US Visa, but just checking if this is still the case of seeking visa and passport details before issuing the forex card ?
Old 24th July 2023, 17:04   #6775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Ok. The Magnus devaluation is sad and the talk of the Twitter world.
Few highlights:
i) No monthly milestone of 25k points after completing spends of INR 1 Lakh on eligible categories post 1st September: Was good till it lasted, but everyone knew it was unsustainable.
ii) Annual fee waiver will be after one spends INR 25 Lakhs and not INR 15 Lakhs for people getting the card after 1st September. Existing users can still get the old waiver threshold till 2024.
iii) Transfer ratio decimated to 5:2.

We get 12 points per INR 200 spent, so it becomes approx. 2.4 miles per INR 100 spent from 4.8 miles per INR 100 spent. Add to it, no bonus of 25k.
If one has Infinia or DCB, you get 3.3 miles per INR 100 spent.
If you have Atlas, it is still giving 4 miles per INR 100 spent on non-travel categories and 10 miles per INR 100 spent on travel.

I will miss Magnus. It helped me amass 200k points in short period of time (I took the card in November).
Magnus really was very good for lounge access, BookMyShow Buy One Get One and EazyDiner. I will have to find alternative cards to fill this gap.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 19:24   #6776
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo29 View Post
Thanks, this is another great idea. Please correct me if I am wrong, the forex dealers / card issuers do ask for a visa and relevant ravel documents with passport before issuing the prepaid forex card right ? I do have valid US Visa, but just checking if this is still the case of seeking visa and passport details before issuing the forex card ?
Yes. To buy Forex, you typically do need to show valid passport, visa and firm travel plans/ tickets to the Forex Dealers.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 21:41   #6777

Regarding the Magnus devaluation,as per the Axis Bank memo, there is a scheme where the rate remains 5:4 which depends on if the card is linked to a Burgundy account and fulfilling some other criteria.
The memo advises to contact Axis after 1 SEP for the scheme. Will check with them at that time, if the rate remains 5:4, then will stay with the card. If not, then the card doesn't make sense anymore.
Old 24th July 2023, 22:39   #6778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Applied and received my first Rupay CC: Axis Indian Oil Rupay Card. I had initially applied for the Kotak IOCL Rupay Card which got rejected since I did not meet their criteria, god knows what criteria they have since my CIBIL is good and I have multiple CCs with decent limits, I am actually happy that it got rejected since it was a paid card with Rs.500 annual fee.
I had applied for the same card just for Rupay upi convenience. Video kyc was done 8 days back. Someone came to my home 3 days back for in person kyc. Today someone came to confirm I am living at the same address. I already have Axis flipkart so all these formalities looks like a time waste. If this card comes I will close the Axis Flipkart as my wife also got the same one so don't need that card anymore for flipkart discounts.
Old 25th July 2023, 09:50   #6779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itherohan View Post
Regarding the Magnus devaluation,as per the Axis Bank memo, there is a scheme where the rate remains 5:4 which depends on if the card is linked to a Burgundy account and fulfilling some other criteria.
The memo advises to contact Axis after 1 SEP for the scheme. Will check with them at that time, if the rate remains 5:4, then will stay with the card. If not, then the card doesn't make sense anymore.
You need to get Burgundy account to avail the 5:4 transfer ratio and that is a "time bound" offer which Axis can revoke any time.

The Credit Card Thread-screenshot-20230725-094917.jpg

The Credit Card Thread-screenshot-20230725-094804.jpg
Old 25th July 2023, 11:12   #6780

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
You need to get Burgundy account to avail the 5:4 transfer ratio and that is a "time bound" offer which Axis can revoke any time
As I already have a Burgundy account which qualifies, will check regarding the 5:4 ratio availability. I think the card still holds some value with this transfer ratio over the other cards.
As for them revoking it, that's normal, every card revokes their benefits some time or other. Then I'll just just revoke the card in turn.
Just have to check what is the procedure, and how many hoops I will have to jump through.
itherohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks