Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2023, 08:53   #6901
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
You'll have better luck going to banks where Rupay cards is a key offering and where you currently don't hold any existing relationships. This is my sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator_ravi View Post
I guess you both should apply for AXIS bank Indian Oil Rupay credit card. With this kind of credit history, it will guaranteed approved. Moreover, LTF promotion is going on, so no harm in trying.
Thanks for the hints, I applied for the Axis India Oil card over the weekend including the KYC, on Saturday. Post that, it has been radio silence - no email/SMS. Hope they don't reject this one too.

This was a better option since they are offering LTF, while the ones I'd earlier opted (and got rejected) were with annual charges.
Still can't get my head around as to why HDFC/Kotak would reject an application from someone who's willing to pay the annual fee + has no defaults.
Old 14th August 2023, 09:32   #6902
BHPian

Credit Card portability to kick in soon.

As per a recent RBI proposal, credit card issuers (i.e. banks) must offer choice of network (Rupay/Visa/Master etc) to the customer at the time of issuance or any subsequent time.

RBI proposal is to make this effective from 1-Oct-2023. Even with some expected delaying tactics by the entrenched players, this proposal would be effective quite soon.

If you are willing to wait a bit, you may be able to switch to a Rupay card without much hassles. On the other hand, once Rupay becomes entrenched you may find better offers from Visa/Master .

Good move by RBI
DigitalOne is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 09:36   #6903

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Thanks for the hints, I applied for the Axis India Oil card over the weekend including the KYC, on Saturday. Post that, it has been radio silence - no email/SMS. Hope they don't reject this one too.

This was a better option since they are offering LTF, while the ones I'd earlier opted (and got rejected) were with annual charges.
Still can't get my head around as to why HDFC/Kotak would reject an application from someone who's willing to pay the annual fee + has no defaults.
It will take them atleast 7 working days for approval. Mine took 10 days. In the meanwhile you can check the application status on CC Tracker. Also FYI, do a fuel payment of min. Rs 250 as your 1st transaction to get Rs.250 cashback.
navigator_ravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 14:25   #6904
BHPian

American Express has referral program going on now. If you apply for any AMEX card through referrals, you get first year free/joining fees waiver + bonus reward points etc. So if you are looking for an AMEX card, now would be an ideal time to apply.

If anyone is interested in applying and needs referral, please PM me (if this statement is not allowed, request mods to advise).

Referral Benefits at a glance:

The Credit Card Thread-1.jpg

The Credit Card Thread-2.jpg
ashwinsid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 16:04   #6905
BHPian

Just curious to know if we will get reward points for paying health insurance through HDFC Millenia card? Any pointers?

I have a Flipkart Axis bank card as well and it clearly says 'no' in its T&C, but couldn't find any info for Millenia.

Thanks!
Old 14th August 2023, 22:08   #6906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
Just curious to know if we will get reward points for paying health insurance through HDFC Millenia card? Any pointers?

I have a Flipkart Axis bank card as well and it clearly says 'no' in its T&C, but couldn't find any info for Millenia.

Thanks!
You will get 1% cashback for this. Here are the detailed terms and conditions:

https://www.hdfcbank.com/content/api...ck-credit-card

https://www.hdfcbank.com/content/bbp...20Features.pdf

Cashback are only not given for these categories:

Quote:
Other Spends** (except Fuel, Rent payments, Govt
related txns)
Btw just curious, how much credit limit is given compared with monthly salary assuming an individual have good Cibil score ?
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 08:18   #6907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Btw just curious, how much credit limit is given compared with monthly salary assuming an individual have good Cibil score ?
Initial credit limit depends on multiple factors like salary, credit history, relationship with the bank etc.,
But they keep on increasing your limit if you pay your bills regularly and will soon have more than enough credit limits in a few years.
Everlearner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 14:14   #6908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
You can also use the chatbot Eva for the same.
Eva didn't give these details earlier however, just checked and it does work.. This is much easier, thanks!
Old 18th August 2023, 17:55   #6909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Question to my fellow Magnus Holder Bhpians
What have you done here? I would also like to hear the views of other Bhpians.
Old 18th August 2023, 19:08   #6910
Senior - BHPian

So using Referrals I got Amex Smartearn for myself. And Amex MRCC for wife. Also a Supplementary card for MRCC for myself was approved today.

This is my first experience with Amex thats why I started from the ground up and if everything stays good will upgrade next Referrals.

Amex app has been a breeze and couple of conversations on chat with customer care has been great. What a stark difference from someone like Axis and Hdfc.
Old 20th August 2023, 19:29   #6911
BHPian

UPI transactions can be done using Rupay Credit Cards now. Which is the best Rupay card in terms of benefits and cashbacks?
Old 21st August 2023, 12:51   #6912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
I have transferred my points to ITC Green points. They are giving 10% extra points at the moment. I have already moved 30000 points. Going to stay in welcomebyITC three weeks from now in Mahabalipuram, and will be putting the points to use there. Now, why ITC Green points, I can move the points from ITC Greens to Marriott Bonvoy or Vistara any time I want. They provide us with that option. However, do check the conversion rate for both of them. Thank you!
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 12:55   #6913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
Requested transfer of all points to vistara. They have domestic+international flights
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 16:54   #6914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I have transferred my points to ITC Green points. They are giving 10% extra points at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
Requested transfer of all points to vistara. They have domestic+international flights
Thanks. I'll do the same: Vistarta + Club ITC + perhaps some for Accor as well.
mpthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 18:38   #6915
BHPian

Hi,
I wish to seek advice from fellow members to expand my card portfolio.

I currently use three and will brief you about my usage and reward redemption profile to give an idea.

1. StanC Ultimate- I use it quite often for domestic usage in fuel txn & grocery, but almost everywhere internationally, and I only use others when it isn't accepted. Reason- single entry in statements for forex txn, unlike other cards where you have three(charge+txn fee+gst). Also, good cashback on foreign spending. Recently got 3K cashback on a trip. Avg spend- Upto 10LPA. Cons- Recently, the voucher list has been changed. No more Croma, BookMyShow, or other usable ones but more apparel and wearable brands. RP ratio is the best, and it's my first, so comfortable keeping it but reducing usage and spending.

2. Axis Vistara Infinite- Use it in Defacto saved places like Zomato, swiggy, or some other places, as it's not linked with any portal usage. The aim is to spend 7.5 LPA to get the maximum IDEAL benefit of three Business tickets ( I think 12L for the next one is a bit too much). They also cut the benefits of a few one-class update renewal vouchers and reward points; the time-bound validity of vouchers made me lose three business tickets in a year since award seats were unavailable when I had to travel. Plus, with Vistara going to vanish, this might be my last year running this card. Renews in June 2024.

3. HDFC INFINIA Metal- Got it for two years now. Spends are more than 12LPA, so the fee will be waived. Have got benefits of almost 50K annually, despite buying few vouchers with 1RP=0.5Rs. value. This year, got the most redemptions on flights and hotels and have already used benefits worth 50K with three months of spending and almost 45K points left. Great value, but sometimes the portal and accessibility features are not user-friendly. Doesn't give a premium vibe in terms of user experience.

Plans:
I considered Magnus, but last month's news made me drop the plan.
The only other option I see is AMEX Platinum Reserve.
If there's any other better option, please share.
aastiksaluja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks