Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2023, 14:29   #6931
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Do you have your International Usage switched to always on? This is strange to hear as I have not faced any problems at all with my Infinia considering I've done 4 foreign trips in last 2 yrs. I did not bother to inform Bank App/Mobile banking,etc. Just switched on International Usage 1 day before the trip.
I switched it on 3 days before leaving. I have it switched off usually because during the lockdown - some guy booked a vacation on my card on booking.com ! Thankfully, I informed the bank immediately and it got reversed. Just to be clear when I say "infomed", I mean I switched it on 3 days before I left. The RM told me - "next time please inform me and I will ensure no hiccups".
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 15:06   #6932
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Guys my parents are traveling to Canada this year in October.
For how much time they would be staying in Canada? If the stay is for longer period and estimated expense is large then please don't take a risk, Just use prepaid forex card.

Although I don't foresee any issues in parents using your card (in Toronto/GTA area although not sure about other regions) but anything can go wrong due to bad luck and it's too much hassle to work around in those cases. The money saved in mark up is not worth that adventure in a foreign country.

BTW I am also visiting the country during that time.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th August 2023 at 10:31. Reason: Typos
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 15:20   #6933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
For how much time they would be staying in Canada? If the stay is for longer period and estimated expense is large then please don't take a risk, Just use prepaid forex card.

Although I don't foresee any issues in parents using your card (in Toronto/GTA area although not sure about other regions) but anything can go wrong due to bad luck and it's too much hassle to work around in those cases. The money saved in mark up is not worth that adventure in a foreign country.

BTW I am also visiting the country during that time.
So they will be staying there for 3 months till Jan 1st week & are visiting my mom's elder sister. They will be carrying some cash but again I feel its easier to carry a card than carrying all cash.

Maybe I'll ask them to get a prepaid card also just in case.
Most of the times they will be accompanied by either of the family members or my cousins.

So have you made your shopping list? Please do share some suggestions what is worth buying there while coming back to India.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th August 2023 at 10:31. Reason: A few typos and spacing.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 15:39   #6934
BHPian

I got a call from Kotak Mahindra for a Rupay Credit Card. Its Lifetime free, no minimum annual spend limit, Lowest EMI charges and no processing fee et al.
Anyone here have firsthand experience on this Kotak Mahindra Credit Card?
Old 23rd August 2023, 15:45   #6935
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
So they will be staying there for 3 months till Jan
Ohh. The period is quite long (and Cold). Cash is usually the king out there but cards are accepted everywhere.

I used to live in greater Toronto area (Vaughan precisely) in 2012 and so, but now i go there every year atleast once (for 1 or 2 weeks max) for office related work. Only electronic items are in my bucket list, I earlier bought few camera lenses from best buy/Henry's, these were costlier in India. Other stuff like clothes etc. are expensive.

I would get some innovative stuffs like games, puzzles etc. for kids if i get hold of something. Well, You have your extended there so they can take care of sightseeing and other useful stuff.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 17:29   #6936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I had an interesting and unusual experience with my IDFC Wealth card recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
OMG!
My wife recently used my HDFC Infnia for purchase in Europe
I've done some shopping earlier this year in Dubai, I did get a tax refund on my HDFC Infinia Metal. This month, my wife did get a tax refund on her ICICI Emerald from her purchases in Germany.

So far so good. I hope this gets sorted because even if you take cash refund, putting a credit card on file is mandatory.

These are the parties we got refunds from.
Planet Tax Free Galway
GLOBALBLUE.COM/RULES MOLNDAL SE
sweetvar26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 19:31   #6937
BHPian

IDFC chaps have messed up something. RBI has not issued any instructions of this sort or banned any organisation like this. They are misrepresenting their own mess!
neerajku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 19:43   #6938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajku View Post
IDFC chaps have messed up something. RBI has not issued any instructions of this sort or banned any organisation like this. They are misrepresenting their own mess!

They do seem to be going overboard at times.

Recollect an instance where funds were transferred online to the savings account maintained with them and then a FD booked online itself. Received a call immediately seeking to verify the transaction was genuine or not.

While I was pleasantly surprised to notice the level of monitoring, normally such verifications are carried out for debit transactions suspected to be unauthorised rather than the other way around.
Wonder what they would have done if for some reason they could not get the confirmation at that time - reverse the FD booked?
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 20:49   #6939
BHPian

Have got VAT refunds on both HDFC bank and Citi. No hassles ever.

Even in this case of IDFC, although their process is screwed , we can give them leeway on account of a genuine miss. But asking the customer to write an apology letter for not doing anything illegal is the height. Horrible customer service I must say.

Last edited by warrioraks : 23rd August 2023 at 20:52.
warrioraks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 07:53   #6940
BHPian

Had a query regarding flight tickets i booked via Infinia Smartbuy. I booked a round-trip ticket via Akasa Air recently via Smartbuy EaseMyTrip. This flight got cancelled, i had received a call from the airline. How do I follow up on the refund, should I contact HDFC Smartbuy or should it be Easemytrip?
Old 24th August 2023, 10:59   #6941
BHPian

Recently got an upgrade offer for Regalia (LTF) -> Regalia Gold (FYF). Had to decline. Quite disappointed that even after 3 years, they didn't increase my limit and the upgrade was more of a downgrade.

Really fed up with Regalia and thinking of moving to a different card for Primary usage. Just not sure which one.
devilicious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 11:00   #6942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I will approach HDFCB and see if they will go the 'secured FD' credit card route.
Thank to all the ideas. We created a FD of 20K and HDFCB released 80% of that as his credit limit.

His secured HDFCB Freedom RuPay card reached yesterday, and already linked to his own UPI.
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 11:29   #6943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thank to all the ideas. We created a FD of 20K and HDFCB released 80% of that as his credit limit.

His secured HDFCB Freedom RuPay card reached yesterday, and already linked to his own UPI.
That's a good thing to start their own credit history at an early age and build up the credit score.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 12:41   #6944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Had a query regarding flight tickets i booked via Infinia Smartbuy. I booked a round-trip ticket via Akasa Air recently via Smartbuy EaseMyTrip. This flight got cancelled, i had received a call from the airline. How do I follow up on the refund, should I contact HDFC Smartbuy or should it be Easemytrip?
I believe they do have a phone number on file.

I can't believe how HDFC screwed up how easier it was to manage these orders/bookings. Through the Smarybuy link that redirects you to Makemytrip etc. I just don't like the new system they've gone within the last few months.
Old 24th August 2023, 23:19   #6945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Akasa will refund the money to EaseMyTrip, and they will send it to your account. You need to check with EaseMyTrip helping with smart-buy provided in multiple places. it takes a good 15 days fro money to come back. However, I believe they will still deduct the non-refundable convenience fees.
aastiksaluja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks