Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2023, 09:29   #6631
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Rental, Wallet recharges, EMI transactions & foreign currency transactions are the explicitly mentioned exclusions.
as per https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defaul...ewards-tnc.pdf

All spends are considered except:
• Wallet loads/payments (MCC 6540)
• EMI transactions
• From 5
th March, 2023, Rental Payments/Transactions (MCC 6513) will not be
considered for Milestone benefit.
• Transactions which are reversed/cancelled/refunded
• Cash withdrawals
No reference to foreign currency transactions in this note from Axis Bank
alexgv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 10:46   #6632
BHPian

Thanks aravind.anand & skanchan95. ICICI Bank continues to harass. Since they have cancelled the card, I am not able to pay the outstanding amount their app or CRED or CheQ. The only way to pay now is through UPI wherein due to security reasons, I am not able to make the payment in full. Yesterday, I managed to speak to someone slightly senior in their customer support team who understood the issue and tried to see what can be done. Credit to the gentleman, he called me back and apologised and said that while he understands and agrees with me, bank will not be able reverse its decision.

All in all really unfair practice by the bank so much so that the customer is facing trouble to even pay the credit card amount. One thing is clear that I will stick to my existing credit cards and will not venture into these co-branded cards due to arbitrary powers that banks enjoy. Sharing this on the group as a notice to fellow members to share a bad instance (which I am sure would be very few).
youknowitbetter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 11:44   #6633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Since they have cancelled the card, I am not able to pay the outstanding amount their app or CRED or CheQ. The only way to pay now is through UPI wherein due to security reasons, I am not able to make the payment in full. .
Have you tried using the click 2 pay option for non-ICICI bank account holders?
Old 28th June 2023, 12:20   #6634
BHPian

Quote:
All in all really unfair practice by the bank so much so that the customer is facing trouble to even pay the credit card amount. One thing is clear that I will stick to my existing credit cards and will not venture into these co-branded cards due to arbitrary powers that banks enjoy. Sharing this on the group as a notice to fellow members to share a bad instance (which I am sure would be very few).
Use a NEFT transfer to the card account (card no.) and ifsc code ICIC0000103, other option is to issue a cheque, Once collection process is on and you have funds in your bank account, they cannot report default. No ombudsman would interfere in these practices, as it is promotional and you were not overcharged or underpaid.
Old 28th June 2023, 12:41   #6635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to highlight bad customer practices of ICICI Bank. ......

..... They were the ones who were chasing me and have decided to take the shield of 'internal policy' when they thought it was appropriate for them without even keeping the client informed about what they are doing! ...
Why don't you raise a complaint with the RBI banking ombudsman regarding this issue. I've heard it is quite effective.
Old 28th June 2023, 15:25   #6636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Quoting myself, SBI could not swap the network from Visa to RuPay. Cancelled the card on my own.

Any advice on which RuPay credit card to go for? Intent is to have a lowish credit limit so as to link to UPI + take advantage of the usually great RuPay e-commerce offers as and when they pop up.
Happened the same with me. Applied for SBI IRCTC Rupay Card, they provided me with a SBI IRCTC VISA Card!

The Credit Card Thread-newpicture.jpeg

On initial mail enquiry they replied with "Technical encumbrance". Cant they have mentioned it before processing my application?

The Credit Card Thread-newpicture_1_.jpeg

After 3 months of mails and trailing mails, finally booked a complaint in RBI Ombudsmen (CMS portal). Within 20 days, matter was resolved. Received multiple mails and finally a posted letter from RBI(yes RBI) stating that the matter has been closed.

Wrote a heartfelt feedback to them, mentioning their prompt action.
iampulo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 16:00   #6637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampulo View Post
Happened the same with me. Applied for SBI IRCTC Rupay Card, they provided me with a SBI IRCTC VISA Card!
What a criminal waste of corporate resources and bandwidth, (I suspect) just to meet monthly card issuing targets!

My card is inactive pending closure as per my online account; am keeping a hawk eye on it, and will reach out to them again on email formally.

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th June 2023 at 16:25.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 17:22   #6638
BHPian

Applied for IDFC's card today.

Got a random call from AU Small Finance Bank, told them I had applied but as am self employed, having a CIBIL score of 800+ and also having existing card with decent age, the AU Bank application didn't go through possibly as am Self Employed.

He said don't worry I have another Indus Card for you, if you haven't applied already you can get it.

Asked again, what is your profession (which I already mentioned), upon stating self employed he said "Time waste kia" and cut the call lol.

The IDFC Process was seamless & got approved basis my existing card, physical KYC done in 2 days & card will be dispatched in next 5 days.
Old 29th June 2023, 09:56   #6639
BHPian

In my quest for Rupay credit card, had applied to Kotak Indian Oil card. Already have Kotak Indigo XE Rewards card. But the application got rejected. Same for Airtel Axis card (this one is visa though). Finally i am converting HDFC Tata neu infinity visa card to rupay. They have confirmed they will do it, but my pending Neupoints from cad spend will not get credited. Hence waiting for all the points to come in before initiating the conversion.
alexgv is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 17:46   #6640
BHPian

What is the most optimal method of redeeming points on HDFC Regalia? I remember reading somewhere in this thread about some portal which fetches more per point over another one at HDFC, but I can’t find that post.
Can someone please advise?
Old 29th June 2023, 18:01   #6641
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
What is the most optimal method of redeeming points on HDFC Regalia?
This one: https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/regalia
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 20:36   #6642
BHPian

Hi guys,
Have an upcoming insurance premium to pay.
Amazon pay portal through its CC is not working.
Cards available HDFC Millennia, Axis Vistara and a IDFC FIRST cc.
Also thinking about a rupay cc, need both suggestions please.
Old 29th June 2023, 20:54   #6643
BHPian

Last Weekend applied for TATA NEU Infinity Rupay and Sbi BPC card again Rupay. Let's see which one gets approved. TATA Neu is applied because right now it is available LTF and with this card, Hdfc has removed the rule of issuing one card to one individual. So, now one can have at least two hdfc cards.

One question to fellow BHPians, which card is good for insurance payments through which I can get points on those.

Last edited by Highh5 : 29th June 2023 at 20:58.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 08:09   #6644
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam.dino View Post
Hi guys,
Have an upcoming insurance premium to pay.
Amazon pay portal through its CC is not working.
Cards available HDFC Millennia, Axis Vistara and a IDFC FIRST cc.
Also thinking about a rupay cc, need both suggestions please.
Try this method - Buy Amazon pay gift voucher using Axis Vistara from Gyft edge and pay the insurance.
Old 30th June 2023, 10:36   #6645
Senior - BHPian

Last month while on the lookout for an Indianoil co-branded credit card, the options I shortlisted were the Kotak Indianoil Rupay and Axis Bank Indian oil Visa credit cards. I applied for both on May 23, 2023.

The Kotak one was rejected after three days of application with an SMS confirmation for the same. The Axis one too got rejected and turned out to be a fiasco because of lazy agents.
Name:  KotakIOCLRuPayCreditCard.png
Views: 246
Size:  95.4 KB

Now comes the weird part. I already had a Kotak Indigo 6E XL Rewards card. Today I received an SMS stating that my card application no. XXXXXXXX has been approved. On checking my Kotak mobile, app I was shocked to find that a League Rupay card was showing up next to My Kotak Indigo card.

That is when I realized that they did some mischief and resurrected that rejected Kotak Indianoil Rupay card application of mine and issued a League Rupay card to me.

The Credit Card Thread-1.jpg

The Credit Card Thread-clipboard01.jpg
*Above card images are for illustration purposes only. The League card issued to me is a Rupay card which is seen in my Netbanking as well as on the app.

I complained to the Customer Care asking them either to convert the League card the just issued to an Indianoil Rupay Card or if that was not possible, to cancel the card and not dispatch it. They said they will check & get back to me with a solution within 24 hours. Both those Kotak Rupay credit cards(Indianoil & League) have the same annual fees.

Now, I am aware Credit Card issuing banks at times change the Network type at their discretion(Mastercard/Visa/Rupay) without the customer's consent. But here, the Kotak guys have changed the product type completely without my consent and that after resurrecting an application that they had rejected initially!!! I guess these guys will do anything to meet monthly/quarterly targets.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 30th June 2023 at 10:40.
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks