Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2023, 14:14   #7231
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
on Amazon website itself and then load the same in Amazon Pay.
For me, even this option does not work. Credit Card option is disabled when I tried to buy e-gift card.
Old 9th December 2023, 14:26   #7232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
For me, even this option does not work. Credit Card option is disabled when I tried to buy e-gift card.
Just tried now to reconfirm. I was able to reach to OTP page and get OTP when I tried buying gift card on Amazon. I didn't complete as I don't need th GC now, but CC is working for me. I have SBI cashback card added there.
Old 9th December 2023, 14:32   #7233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Just tried now to reconfirm. I was able to reach to OTP page and get OTP when I tried buying gift card on Amazon. I didn't complete as I don't need th GC now, but CC is working for me. I have SBI cashback card added there.
It works for my friend (who also uses SBI CB CC) and it was working for my wife's amazon account till last month.
So, I have never understood how they can restrict this to one particular user?
Old 9th December 2023, 14:49   #7234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
But the acceptance is low and shrinking. I got my HDFC virtual RuPay credit card few months back.
This will change very soon as NPCI is proposing to differentiate between UPI debit payments and UPI credit card payments with different QR codes. The issue is that someone needs to bear the associated costs with the latter, which has not been laid out clearly. Currently the merchant bears the same.
Old 14th December 2023, 14:37   #7235

Just got an offer from HDFC providing an upgrade to Imperia banking. From what I gathered online this is the last upgrade from my current preferred banking. Is this upgrade good as the claim or just a gimmick ?
Old 14th December 2023, 16:10   #7236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_VR View Post
Just got an offer from HDFC providing an upgrade to Imperia banking. From what I gathered online this is the last upgrade from my current preferred banking. Is this upgrade good as the claim or just a gimmick ?
Get it upgraded but don't have any expectations. Have been an Imperia customer for long and there is nothing out of the ordinary.
On paper, you get free locker service, but good luck finding an empty locker.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 16:33   #7237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is Infiniti above Imperia, needs a NRV of 5cr+. Imperia over Regalia doesn't really give you a lot of additional benefit, except waiver on locker fees; but as Valar said, most branches are full, and running a waiting list on lockers.

You'll also get Depository Charges waived off, in case you use HDFC Securities, but it is a hassle, as you've to email the RM about it and then they have to raise a ticket and so on. Can easily take 2-4 weeks.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 23:22   #7238
BHPian

Quote:
You should upgrade without thought if you have plans to maintain the required criteria.
  1. Your RM doesn’t change immediately. But if you are lucky, you can get a good RM who doesn’t push you to buy another ULIP, but actually help you. You can easily get many things done with their help.
  2. You can flex this status in your credit card upgrade requests and few other things and again if your RM has any reach, you might as well get them fulfilled.
  3. 50% discount on loan processing fees and free demat account are also some pros
neelkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 10:55   #7239
Distinguished - BHPian

Informative article:
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...06051.html/amp
Old 18th December 2023, 17:02   #7240
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
On paper, you get free locker service, but good luck finding an empty locker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There is Infiniti above Imperia, needs a NRV of 5cr+. Imperia over Regalia doesn't really give you a lot of additional benefit, except waiver on locker fees; but as Valar said, most branches are full, and running a waiting list on lockers.
I agree that Imperia over preferred is not a big upgrade and its just a color change in internet banking interface & cheque book. But that should not stop you from upgrading. Imperia RM will still be dumb.

Regarding lockers, its a tough job to get the locker from HDFC. Recently I managed to get one. If you directly go to HDFC bank branch, they will hand over a register with at least 300+ names as "waiting" customers. But frankly all branches have locker available. In city like BLR where every tom, dick and harry have Imperia, they hardly give any value to it.
In my case after visiting 5 branches, I approached the relationship manager assigned for my employer. He arranged a locker for me in same branch where there was waiting of 300+. When I was doing process for locker I got to know that they prefer customer who purchase "Fix Maturity Plan" insurance from them. It gives highest commission to bank. They had at least 3 options of locker number available with them in small category. For non-Imperia customer, small size locker has charges of Rs 5000+. IMHO its way too much.
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 19:40   #7241
BHPian

Hi All
I have a query about holding or blocking an amount from the credit card. Now I am travelling abroad. When I checked in to hotel they asked for credit card to block the amount. I gave my HDFC credit card and they swiped the card and after 10 minutes I got sms from HDFC that amount was debited from card. I think the sms was delayed because of roaming. I went back to the reception and checked whether they debited the amount. They said they just blocked the amount and not debited the amount
Since iI am abroad it is not possible to call the toll free number, I wrote an to HDFC support. I got a reply that they will get back within 1 working day. It is 2 days already. No response from them. I sent a reminder mail also. Still no response.

What I want to know how this works in HDFC. When I checked with my friends who use other credit cards they said the amount will not get debited when they amount is blocked by the hotel. Not sure if HDFC has a different method. Has anyone tried this with HDFC card
Old 19th December 2023, 20:16   #7242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Interesting, the "insurance policy" purchase thing may not work, the companies now refund back to the credit card, reversing the points you have earned on your card.
Old 19th December 2023, 20:18   #7243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post

What I want to know how this works in HDFC. When I checked with my friends who use other credit cards they said the amount will not get debited when they amount is blocked by the hotel. Not sure if HDFC has a different method. Has anyone tried this with HDFC card
While I do not hold any cards from HDFC, but the way hold works is same across every bank. The merchant posts a hold request to the bank with a certain amount (equal to or greater than the transaction amount) which gets released post the completion of the service. For eg., a car rental or a hotel room booking. So do not worry the amount will be blocked on the card (& not debited). Please note it also means you will have only the remaining amount for any transaction planned (Credit limit - hold amount)
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 19:05   #7244
BHPian

Would anyone know which debit / credit card can be used for lounge access for teenagers (between 13 to 17 years old), any specific bank's credit / debit card ? Thanks in advance
Old 27th December 2023, 17:32   #7245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo29 View Post
Would anyone know which debit / credit card can be used for lounge access for teenagers (between 13 to 17 years old), any specific bank's credit / debit card ? Thanks in advance
IDFC First Bank Wealth debit card allows 1+1 (primary + guest) access on the same card up to three times per quarter. Check here: https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/person...lth-debit-card
UPS_Guru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks