Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2024, 14:10   #7321
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampulo View Post
I I am in search of another card for balance fueling.
I researched and found Kotak IndianOil Credit Card to be good.
Just curious, how do you think Kotak IndianOil credit card is better? I was searching around for a good fuel card and came to a conlusion that SBI Bharath petroleum is a better one and selected it. Receiving it this week, so eager to use and see.
Old 17th January 2024, 14:30   #7322
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I had asked a similar question earlier, now I’m being offered HDFC Regalia gold card lifetime free and Infinia metal card at 10k per year fee (waived if spends are > 10L annually).
Which is better?

Last edited by NPV : 17th January 2024 at 14:33.
Old 17th January 2024, 15:16   #7323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I had asked a similar question earlier, now I’m being offered HDFC Regalia gold card lifetime free and Infinia metal card at 10k per year fee (waived if spends are > 10L annually).
Which is better?
The most important factor here is 10K annual fee for Infinia. It may sound a small amount but you should do a small exercise to compare 10K cash saved vs benefits offered by Regalia (and the opportunities lost by eliminating Infinia).

IMHO, (A) if 10K is not a big factor for you or (B) your annual spends are north of 10L, go for Infinia. Always.
Or, (C) if you are a frequent flyer who book flights/hotels on your own. Go for Infinia. It gets you unlimited lounge access, both domestic and international. And the extra reward points earned on spending is the highest for Infinia which can again be redeemed for vouchers (1point = 0.5 rupee) or flight/hotel booking (1point = 1 rupee).

If you don't fall in any of categories (A/B/C) then go for Regalia and enjoy a free card with limited benefits compared to Infinia. You'd still get reward points and limited access to airport lounges.
MyLife_MyCar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 16:14   #7324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
HDFC Regalia gold card lifetime free and Infinia metal card at 10k per year fee (waived if spends are > 10L annually).
Which is better?
There's no comparison, really. Infinia is one of the / the best card in the ~10k annual fee bracket. And between Regalia Gold and Infinia, the Infinia has significantly better perks and rewards/redemption. Even if you don't cross the 10 lakhs threshold and get charged, you'll get 10k points and 1 point = 1 Re, so essentially you just pay for GST.

Getting the Infinia has become increasingly difficult, go for it while you're being offered.
libranof1987 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 16:55   #7325
BHPian

Quote:
Which is better?
Worst case, even if you are charged annual fees, you will get the points of same value. So only impact will be the 18% GST charged on the annual fees. Like other mentioned, there is no comparison between Infinia and Regalia.
Check Renewal Offer.

Apart from increased bonus points on Smartbuy, there are other benefits as well. To given an example, on Swiggy Dineout, Infinia has maximum discount of 1000. IIRC, for other HDFC cards discount is around 500.
Complimentary Priority Pass access in domestic airport lounge has been quite useful. In new airport like Goa Mopa, where very few credit cards were accepted, PP was a saver for us as Infinia was not in the list.
VaibhaoT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 12:22   #7326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebikemaster View Post
Just curious, how do you think Kotak IndianOil credit card is better? I was searching around for a good fuel card and came to a conlusion that SBI Bharath petroleum is a better one and selected it. Receiving it this week, so eager to use and see.
I have chosen this considering in North India, IOCL outlets are more. Also, the XTRAREWARDS program(where points will be accumulated) can be used to redeem against LPG cylinder purchases. This dual benefit led me to chose this one.

Also, Being a Rupay Card, I can easily have annual fee waiver by completing 50K spends annually on other spends via UPI.
iampulo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 20:54   #7327
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
The most important factor here is 10K annual fee for Infinia. It may sound a small amount but you should do a small exercise to compare 10K cash saved vs benefits offered by Regalia (and the opportunities lost by eliminating Infinia).
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There's no comparison, really. Infinia is one of the / the best card in the ~10k annual fee bracket. And between Regalia Gold and Infinia, the Infinia has significantly better perks and rewards/redemption. Even if you don't cross the 10 lakhs threshold and get charged, you'll get 10k points and 1 point = 1 Re, so essentially you just pay for GST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Worst case, even if you are charged annual fees, you will get the points of same value. So only impact will be the 18% GST charged on the annual fees. Like other mentioned, there is no comparison between Infinia and Regalia.
Thanks for the valuable feedback. I stand corrected on the annual fee - it is Rs. 12.5k, not 10k.

Also, the first year fee is to be paid after 90 days from card issue, and in that period if there is a spend of Rs.3L on the card, the annual fee for first year is waived (but 12,500 joining bonus points will NOT be credited to the account).
Old 18th January 2024, 21:34   #7328
BHPian

Quote:
Also, the first year fee is to be paid after 90 days from card issue, and in that period if there is a spend of Rs.3L on the card, the annual fee for first year is waived (but 12,500 joining bonus points will NOT be credited to the account).
Generally HDFC give it as First Year Free. You can request to waive off joining fees. In my case I had literally begged for the card and I had mentioned that I will pay the fees. I still got it as FYF.

Regarding points, are you sure you will not get welcome points if the joining fees is paid? As per the product page, you should get it.
Quote:
Get welcome benefit of 12,500 reward points upon fee realisation and card activation

Last edited by VaibhaoT : 18th January 2024 at 21:36.
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 21:52   #7329
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

^What I meant is that 12.5k bonus points will be credited if there isn’t a spend of Rs.3L in 90 days.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 10:58   #7330
BHPian

Quote:
^What I meant is that 12.5k bonus points will be credited if there isn’t a spend of Rs.3L in 90 days.
Those 12.5k points are almost equivalent to 12.5k cash for certain categories such as flights and Tanishq and Apple products. You should certainly go for the Infinia.
mpthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 14:32   #7331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which is better?
I had the exact same offer 2 weeks ago. Being a total noob in this credit card game, took too long to research and decide. By the time I decided to go with Infinia, my invite was gone. Don't repeat the same mistake. Get it NOW!!!

Infinia Metal is probably the best card available in India today. 12.5k+GST annual fees is still OK as you get Reward points of 12.5k , so effectively you pay only the GST which is miniscule when compared to the benefits you get with this card.

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th January 2024 at 14:55.
SoumenD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 16:21   #7332
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Infinia Metal is probably the best card available in India today. 12.5k+GST annual fees is still OK as you get Reward points of 12.5k , so effectively you pay only the GST which is miniscule when compared to the benefits you get with this card.
About a month ago, a Virtual RM reached out to find out if I’m interested in any HDFC card. I clearly told them that I’m only interested in the Infiinia if it’s lifetime free At the time I was only being offered the Regalia Gold Lifetime free.

A month later the RM called again and this time the Infinia metal was offered with the 12.5k fee and other terms as in their website and after taking a couple of days to decide I said Yes.

I believe they have a drive and target now to onboard more cardholders, so do give it a try.
Old 19th January 2024, 18:24   #7333
BHPian

Quote:

I believe they have a drive and target now to onboard more cardholders, so do give it a try.
Is it only for new cardholders?

I am not sure I'd qualify for Infinia, but does it make sense to ask for upgrade to paid Infinia CC when I have HDFC DCB which I got as LTF under Alumni offer few months back? My spends would be in the range of 5 to 6 lacs per year.
Old 19th January 2024, 23:04   #7334

Currently I have diners privilege card. Checked with my HDFC virtual RM for Infinia metal / Diners Black upgrade, got to know that for Infinia Metal , you need to have 2.70 Lacs per month salary and more than 6 lac rupees spend in last 6 months on your current credit card (both criterias needs to be fulfilled) for upgrade. When I asked him if there is any alternative, he openly said to invest in ULIP/ HDFC Annuity plans and he will secure an Infinia card for me. Previously there was an option to open FDs of higher amount to get this cards but looks like they have removed it as apparently customer used to break the FD once the card was issued!
DK_accord is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 00:27   #7335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Is it only for new cardholders?

I am not sure I'd qualify for Infinia, but does it make sense to ask for upgrade to paid Infinia CC when I have HDFC DCB which I got as LTF under Alumni offer few months back? My spends would be in the range of 5 to 6 lacs per year.
No point I would say. Keep the dcb ltf. Unless they offer you something LTF, don't leave DCB. Plus your annual spend is quite less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
My DCB was recently been upgraded to Infinia and I have received add-on cards and the priority pass cards for all in the same package.
Was it LTF?

Last edited by BudgetFailure : 20th January 2024 at 00:34.
BudgetFailure is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks