Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
1,924,131 views Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2023, 12:33   #6316
Senior - BHPian
 
avira_tk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,264
Thanked: 2,615 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post
Guys, Since I have an ICICI account, I already have a pre-approved Credit Card which I can apply instantly. Just wanna check with you if there is any downside of owning ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card?

Since its mostly for online purchases, I guess this card will suffice my needs. Hope I can use this card on Flipkart too for Cashback and discounts.
The EMI rates are at 18%, which is quite high, if you wish to convert to EMI. The cash back is instant, along with statement generation. You should check the discounts on offer, then apply for a card from that issuer, if you are pre-approved, then getting a card is a matter of choice on your part.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 14:33   #6317
Distinguished - BHPian
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,209
Thanked: 12,737 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The EMI rates are at 18%, which is quite high, if you wish to convert to EMI.
What do you mean by this? I have on occasion been made offers to waive interest on EMIs but isn't 18% interest quite standard to convert a spend amount into EMI? Are there card which do it for lower?
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 14:52   #6318
Senior - BHPian
 
avira_tk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,264
Thanked: 2,615 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
What do you mean by this? I have on occasion been made offers to waive interest on EMIs but isn't 18% interest quite standard to convert a spend amount into EMI? Are there card which do it for lower?
Yes, the usual figure is 12.5-13.5% for 3-6 months, around 14% for 9 - 12 months and 15% for 18-24 months. This card has one of highest rates I've seen, HSBC , SBI and HDFC all charge lower.

Last edited by avira_tk : 10th March 2023 at 14:55. Reason: Typos in sentence
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 19:38   #6319
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Surat
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times

Cred +

1. I am using it for making payments to a particular credit card from numerous (read 4 or 5 Bank Accounts).

Cred -

1. It requires SMS permission compulsarily,

2. It also asks for email & location permission (which I have not provided.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
any CRED users here?
Thinking of using CRED mainly for credit card bill payments.
Would like to have some quick review/feedback.

I am normally trying to declutter and reduce the number or cards/apps etc. I use, unless there is real value add. So, a bit skeptical to install the CRED app (I keep on getting the Ads every now and then)
Hi friends

Looking to get a credit card (specific to Indian Oil) for fuel spends. Right now I have a Citibank indian Oil card which is serving the purpose, but with the Axis Bank merger, I want to check other options (preferably powered by Rupay).

Thanks.

Mod Note : Please ensure that you:

- Use CAPITAL letters where required.

- Proof-Read your posts to correct Language & Grammatical errors.

- Use the right punctuation.

- Use spaces properly (between sentences as well as paragraphs).

Last edited by Aditya : 15th March 2023 at 06:33. Reason: Edited for better readability
cavarun is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th March 2023, 20:55   #6320
BHPian
 
turbospooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 364
Thanked: 852 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
Hi guys, need an opinion. I recently upgraded from LTF regalia to Diners black and started facing acceptance issues with diners black from day one. After multiple mails, HDFC is ready to upgrade me to Infinia as FYF but I'm not sure if I'll be able to meet the spend for every year. However I'm also thinking that renewal fee is credited back as points so it'll be worth it.

Is it worth the upgrade or should I downgrade back to LTF Regalia (Diners Black doesn't work for me, lots of issues with acceptance especially with regular purchases).
Paid Infinia is much better than LTF Regalia due to its sheer ability to give higher reward rate, better lounge access (Regalia lounge access has been restricted to only metros), higher bracket on SmartBuy Gift Voucher purchases and reward point transfer partners.

Regards,
Person who made the same credit card journey (Regalia-->LTF DCB--> Paid Infinia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavarun View Post

hi friends

looking to get a credit card (specific to indian oil) for fuel spends, right now have Citibank indian oil card which is serving its purpose. but with axis merger want to check on the option (preferably powered by Rupay)

thanks
HDFC Indian Oil is also a good card as well as Axis Indian Oil. Both of these are much better than Citibank's offering as it was very restrictive.

Last edited by turbospooler : 10th March 2023 at 20:58.
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 20:16   #6321
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 1,636 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hello Bhpians,

I have to purchase close to 8L worth of gold jewellery and I am interested in extracting maximum credit card rewards during this purchase. I currently hold the following cards,
1. Amazon pay Icici
2. Icici platinum
3. Yes first exclusive
4. HDFC Diners rewards
5. Flipkart Axis

A year ago I tried using flipkart axis for a high value jewellery spend and was disappointed to later find out that the TnC of this card has mentioned clearly that no rewards for jewellery. I don't want to make the same mistake again. I have two months to make the purchase, so I am open to apply for a new card. My preference would be to either get direct cashback or travel rewards (would love to experience an international business class trip )
nagr22 is offline  
Old 13th March 2023, 07:46   #6322
BHPian
 
arvindmanju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KA01
Posts: 471
Thanked: 543 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
I have two months to make the purchase, so I am open to apply for a new card. My preference would be to either get direct cashback or travel rewards (would love to experience an international business class trip )
I would recommend exploring Standard Charted Ultimate card or AMEX credit card.
AMEX usually has discounts/ cash backs on some of leading jewelleries brands. AMEX platinum travel cards has good travel rewards.
arvindmanju is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 10:14   #6323
BHPian
 
DetectiveMiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: KA-19/21, KA-05
Posts: 78
Thanked: 164 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavarun View Post
Cred +

1. I am using it for making payments to a particular Credit card from numerous (read 4 or 5 Bank Accounts).

Cred -

1. It requires sms permission compulsarily,

2. it also asks for email & location permission (which i have not provided.)
You can just revoke the sms permission after intial login is done. I have done this (Android user here).

Last edited by DetectiveMiles : 13th March 2023 at 10:35.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 13:15   #6324
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 646 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have an upcoming school fees to be paid to the tune of Rs.80k. The school charges around 1% additional for credit card payments. I have the following LTF CC's and wondering how I can maximize this payment. I have funds to pay this off in one go, so not looking at converting it to EMI either. Please suggest which card to use for the maximum benefits.

CC's I have : Regalia, IDFC First, ICICI Coral, ICICI Amazon Pay, SCB Titanium, AU Bank.
dass is offline  
Old 14th March 2023, 12:44   #6325
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 107 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I have an upcoming school fees to be paid to the tune of Rs.80k. The school charges around 1% additional for credit card payments. I have the following LTF CC's and wondering how I can maximize this payment. I have funds to pay this off in one go, so not looking at converting it to EMI either. Please suggest which card to use for the maximum benefits.

CC's I have : Regalia, IDFC First, ICICI Coral, ICICI Amazon Pay, SCB Titanium, AU Bank.
I have seen an option to pay school fees using the CRED app. I have not got the chance to pay it as of now, but proceeded just to check. If the school is not listed in their list, they will ask us to enter the account number, IFSC code of the school just like in bank transfer. Not sure if at the end, some charges are added or not.
grshnehete is offline  
Old 14th March 2023, 12:50   #6326
BHPian
 
adi.mariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 485
Thanked: 1,170 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

I didn't know there was an option of paying school fees through Cred. These are the charges applicable for paying school fees.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-screenshot_20230314124821100_com.dreamplug.androidappedit.jpg  

adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 19:24   #6327
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 107 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
I didn't know there was an option of paying school fees through Cred. These are the charges applicable for paying school fees.
I have seen lot of portals now add 1-1.5% charges while paying through Credit Cards. How do BHPians use the cards to fulfill the yearly spends? Because all big spends are charged extra like school fees, home maintenance, property tax payments.

Till now, I am using fairly basic cards, but want to get some premium card which will give better benefits, but not sure how to fulfill the yearly spends.
grshnehete is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 00:25   #6328
AZT
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Bombay
Posts: 675
Thanked: 2,560 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grshnehete View Post
I have seen lot of portals now add 1-1.5% charges while paying through Credit Cards. How do BHPians use the cards to fulfill the yearly spends? Because all big spends are charged extra like school fees, home maintenance, property tax payments.
As long as you are getting a higher reward value for the transaction, it is still a win. Such big spends also help in meeting annual spend criteria which makes the card free. Cards which let you convert your points to Airline partner programs or Hotel partners like Marriott / Hilton have the best ratio of value derived.
AZT is offline  
Old 15th March 2023, 14:14   #6329
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 515
Thanked: 799 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Hello Bhpians,

I have to purchase close to 8L worth of gold jewellery and I am interested in extracting maximum credit card rewards during this purchase. I currently hold the following cards,
1. Amazon pay Icici
2. Icici platinum
3. Yes first exclusive
4. HDFC Diners rewards
5. Flipkart Axis
I've realised 1% rewards from spends on gold via Apay ICICI. Rest not sure.
vinu_h is offline  
Old 15th March 2023, 15:18   #6330
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 646 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grshnehete View Post
I have seen an option to pay school fees using the CRED app. I have not got the chance to pay it as of now, but proceeded just to check. If the school is not listed in their list, they will ask us to enter the account number, IFSC code of the school just like in bank transfer. Not sure if at the end, some charges are added or not.
The school was not listed here and they were not forthcoming to provide the account number either. So, I used a friends axis flipkart card to make the payment. This card gives 1.5% cashback on all transactions and I should get an effective CB of around 0.7% post deduction of the transaction fee. It is still worth compared to paying them directly.

This got me thinking, which are the LTF cashback cards available in market? This axis one is no longer LTF.
dass is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks