Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2023, 16:27   #7201
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is your Millenia currently life time free card? That can be a reason for them following aggressively.
I don't think so, but the yearly spends requirement for Millenia to waive off the fee is barely 1 L I think. Hence, I never end up paying one. However, the same for Regalia Gold is 4 L.
Old 2nd December 2023, 15:10   #7202
BHPian

Couple of months back got IDFC power plus credit card, I have been using it only in HPCL fuel stations, today on checking the statement found that, the accelerated reward points was not at all credited. upon contacting customer care, the executive initially told that the fuel station is not a authorized one, when i said it is listed in hpcl website, he started claiming that it is applicable only when card is used via hp pay app not on POS machines.
sram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 09:22   #7203
BHPian

Magnus - I forgot to cancel it and I now see the annual fee has been applied. Would the bank agree to reverse if I choose to return the card ?

ICICI Emeralde - They've charged 12k + GST as a joining fee and are charging 1k as monthly fee. I asked to cancel the card right away and they agreed to refund 10k of the joining fee. Does the card have a joining & monthly fee ?
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 09:42   #7204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Magnus - I forgot to cancel it and I now see the annual fee has been applied. Would the bank agree to reverse if I choose to return the card
Yes, as long as you have not made any transaction in the current quarter.
deep_blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 21:25   #7205
BHPian

Hello,

I need advice on this. I have a Kotak Zen credit card and an American Express card, and I'm planning to travel to Malaysia next week. I can't apply for a forex card with Kotak because Malaysian Ringgit is not currently in their list of supported currencies. They only support 13 currency types, and Malaysian currency is not one of them.

Should I just use my regular credit card as usual? I'm okay with paying the conversion charge. Alternatively, is there any other option I should consider? Also, do you know if American Express is widely accepted in Malaysia? In India, it's challenging to use it, and I usually only use it for online payments. I'm also thinking of buying gold using the card in Malaysia. Please advise if this is okay or if I should explore other alternatives. I am carrying some cash, but I plan to use the card for larger purchases ( like gold ).
Old 4th December 2023, 11:17   #7206
BHPian

Few days back I gave in to constant nagging by the IDFC bank app and got a digital only RuPay credit card, and started to use this credit card for my UPI payments (Paytm app). All this took less than 5 minutes. Joining fees and annual fees is 199/-. Since it got attached to my existing IDFC Wealth Visa credit card - which means that the credit limit is shared between the two cards - I just assumed that the rewards points system will be the same. Is that right?

The experience has been uneven so far. I don't carry the physical Visa card anymore; no tap-and-pay, means the transaction time has increased. On the other hand, I get to do micro-payments using credit card. Few times the credit card option was not possible even for paying to businesses.
Old 4th December 2023, 21:09   #7207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Few days back I gave in to constant nagging by the IDFC bank app and got a digital only RuPay credit card
So far HDFC Tata Neu Rupay is the best the LTF card for UPI payments.
Old 4th December 2023, 22:26   #7208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sram View Post
Couple of months back got IDFC power plus credit card, I have been using it only in HPCL fuel stations, today on checking the statement found that, the accelerated reward points was not at all credited. upon contacting customer care, the executive initially told that the fuel station is not a authorized one, when i said it is listed in hpcl website, he started claiming that it is applicable only when card is used via hp pay app not on POS machines.
Oh wow, I have been using this card for last 5 months and without knowing this limitation, I have always used hp pay app to do the payment for fuel. I found this way of payment convenient and hence never bothered to even carry the credit card in my wallet.
Anyway thanks for letting me know about this limitation.
Old 4th December 2023, 22:26   #7209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
So far HDFC Tata Neu Rupay is the best the LTF card for UPI payments.
LTF? All I can see is first year free and the renewal fee for 2nd year waived of for spends above 3L Am I the only one?
Old 4th December 2023, 22:51   #7210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Hello,

I need advice on this. I have a Kotak Zen credit card and an American Express card, and I'm planning to travel to Malaysia next week. I can't apply for a forex card with Kotak because Malaysian Ringgit is not currently in their list of supported currencies. They only support 13 currency types, and Malaysian currency is not one of them.

Should I just use my regular credit card as usual? I'm okay with paying the conversion charge. Alternatively, is there any other option I should consider? Also, do you know if American Express is widely accepted in Malaysia? In India, it's challenging to use it, and I usually only use it for online payments. I'm also thinking of buying gold using the card in Malaysia. Please advise if this is okay or if I should explore other alternatives. I am carrying some cash, but I plan to use the card for larger purchases ( like gold ).
Used the OneCard credit card across multiple countries this year, this has a markup fee of 1%. Most of my other cards have >2% markup.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 14:24   #7211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Since it got attached to my existing IDFC Wealth Visa credit card - which means that the credit limit is shared between the two cards - I just assumed that the rewards points system will be the same. Is that right?

Few times the credit card option was not possible even for paying to businesses.
Only credit limits get shared, the reward points system will be specific to each card.

Businesses have option to turn off payment by credit card via upi. I saw this in many places where upi is limited to Bank accounts.
Everlearner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 14:48   #7212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
LTF? All I can see is first year free and the renewal fee for 2nd year waived of for spends above 3L Am I the only one?
Take it 1st year free, use it a couple of times & then call them to make it Ltf. Has worked for some else you can always close it before end of a year.
deep_blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 18:24   #7213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Hello,

Check out the Scapia Federal Bank card. Its LTF and has 0 markup fees for forex.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 12:01   #7214
BANNED

I don't use my credit card much, so I have little idea about how cash back offers work.

I bought a laptop using the CC recently - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post5671122 (The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions)

Used a CC only because it had a cash back.

Someone tell me how a cash back offer works? Will the money be credited to my credit card account & get adjusted to next months bill or something - what if I have a zero bill next month (like I do usually).
Old 6th December 2023, 12:05   #7215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Someone tell me how a cash back offer works? Will the money be credited to my credit card account & get adjusted to next months bill or something - what if I have a zero bill next month (like I do usually).
It depends on the offer.

Most HDFC offers tend to be such that the cashback (esp. on Apple products) is immediately applied. That is, you pay an amount less of the cashback.

Some offers provide the cashback after a set no. of months (three typically).

If you have a statement bill of 0, your payable balance will continue to be negative until you make purchases that exceed that. The possibility of banks entertaining a request to transfer this excess payment / cashback from the credit card to your savings account as cash is almost 0.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks