Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2023, 18:18   #7186
BRV
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Kid(<10 years) is free I assume or do we need to pay for them?
For kids <5 years Lounge is free. Recently (in October) used domestic lounge at Bangalore airport. For my kid who was 9 years they charged Rs.1032. Above 10 years they are charging full (as said by the executive at the lounge)
BRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 18:28   #7187
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Not sure if you have evidence for this, but in all the many years I have been visiting airport lounges across India, I have never seen anyone produce a separate card for their child (myself included), or be asked for one.
That was true. Kids access depends on lounge operator and varies widely. You can visit the respective lounge access rules in the lounge or airport websites.

From personal experience, many premium International lounges like Privium don't allow entry for kids less than 12. Normal International lounges allow entry but generally don't allow swiping another card in some one else name. Business and first class lounges generally allow guests including kids free of charge. In normal lounges, one need to inform and add them as guest like +1 when PP is swiped which may be free or paid depending on card. Magnus provides 8 free guest access in a year. So it won't be billed for card holder upto that limit. But other cards carry a charge of 25 to 29 USD which will be paid. I have paid this in my HDFC cards for kids access in Frankfurt. Dubai and SE Asia lounges allow kids access in other card like our domestic lounges

In domestic, many times I was asked to swipe another card for my 8 year old kid in Chennai or Hyderabad airport. Got him a HDFC Rupay debit card to have his own lounge access but with recently tightening of rules, not sure whether it is still working
Old 23rd November 2023, 19:53   #7188
Distinguished - BHPian

If 2 persons are travelling and only one of them has a lounge access credit card, will they allow entry for both by swiping the card twice? This is assuming that the card has >2 lounge access count remaining for the year.
Old 23rd November 2023, 19:56   #7189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If 2 persons are travelling and only one of them has a lounge access credit card, will they allow entry for both by swiping the card twice? This is assuming that the card has >2 lounge access count remaining for the year.
No, there is timing restriction of min 2 hours for the same card to be swiped again. If you attempt within the duration, the swiping terminal will show person already checked in.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 20:12   #7190
BHPian

On a recent travel I swiped three cards, all in my name, for our family of three, at two domestic airport lounges.

On related note, apparently complementary Priority Pass membership have to be renewed by card holder at their own cost. So if I want another free membership, I would have to get a new credit card, right? I rarely use it, just wondering.
Old 24th November 2023, 09:00   #7191
BHPian

I will need use of the international lounges for my family of 5 in Jan. While my wife & I are covered, the rest(adults) are not. I have used up the 8 guests that Magnus allows. Which other card offers this please ? I am happy to go the add-on card route if required.
Old 24th November 2023, 11:28   #7192
Distinguished - BHPian

HDFC Regalia credit card undergoes a few updates regarding their lounge access. I guess like other banks, HDFC is also pulling up its socks with regards to offering lounge access to credit card owners.

From 1st Dec '23, Lounge access program for Regalia Credit Card will be as follows:
1. Your lounge access program will be based on your credit card spends.
2. Spend Rs.1 Lakh or more in a calendar quarter

Refer to the comms attached below for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Regalia Lounge Access Update.pdf (232.3 KB, 138 views)
Old 24th November 2023, 12:14   #7193
BHPian

My biggest grouse with credit cards these days is lack of 1+1 free movie tickets on BMS.

Even Infinia doesn't provide this facility and most others have a caveat of 1+1 free but only up to Rs.250 which will only get me half a leg on a seat in Bangalore.
Old 24th November 2023, 12:43   #7194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I will need use of the international lounges for my family of 5 in Jan. While my wife & I are covered, the rest(adults) are not. I have used up the 8 guests that Magnus allows. Which other card offers this please ? I am happy to go the add-on card route if required.
Please check with Axis. Generally the quota resets in calender year and not card setup year. So you may still use it in Jan with fresh quota of 8.
Old 24th November 2023, 13:02   #7195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
My biggest grouse with credit cards these days is lack of 1+1 free movie tickets on BMS.

Even Infinia doesn't provide this facility and most others have a caveat of 1+1 free but only up to Rs.250 which will only get me half a leg on a seat in Bangalore.
Check ICICI Sapphiro card. They have BOGO offer on BMS. It is offered as dual version(Master+Amex) which can be used separately on BMS. You could also get it LTF through their Alumni program if you have graduated from one of the listed colleges.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 16:44   #7196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post

1. IDFC First Wealth card which is LTF gives you BMS offer of 500/- B1G1 free.
2. SBI Elite has similar 500/- off on B1G1 free scheme on BMS
3. ICICI Emeralde metal has 750/- off on B1G1 twice a month
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 18:40   #7197
BHPian

Has HDFC diluted their reward points values on Regalia? I was looking at their catalogue and everything appeared so pricey for the points conversion.
Like Rs 5000 voucher at Reliance or Lifestyle demands 25000-30000 points. A simple wrist watch or a trolley bag priced around 2-3K on Amazon is demanding similar reward points.

This card does not look lucrative now.

Last edited by StepUP! : 27th November 2023 at 18:42.
Old 27th November 2023, 21:19   #7198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Has HDFC diluted their reward points values on Regalia? I was looking at their catalogue and everything appeared so pricey for the points conversion.
Like Rs 5000 voucher at Reliance or Lifestyle demands 25000-30000 points. A simple wrist watch or a trolley bag priced around 2-3K on Amazon is demanding similar reward points.

This card does not look lucrative now.
For Regalia, in my opinion, the best options are flight/hotel booking via Smartbuy or transfer to Vistara. Try upgrading to Gold & then a few more transfer options open up though at the same .5 ratio.
Old 28th November 2023, 15:53   #7199
BHPian

HDFC is constantly sending me emails / SMS regarding the upgrade to REGALIA GOLD CC from my existing MILLENIA CC.

Anyone here who has done this upgrade, and more importantly is it worth it?

The annual fees for Regalia too are pretty steep & apart from the international lounge access, there aren't any specific benefits as compared to Millenia IMHO.

Could some users throw some light?
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 16:21   #7200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
HDFC is constantly sending me emails / SMS regarding the upgrade to REGALIA GOLD CC from my existing MILLENIA CC.

Is your Millenia currently life time free card? That can be a reason for them following aggressively.

I had moved from Regalia to Regalia Gold few months back, I don't think there is any substantial advantage for the same. I just moved since I had used the earlier car for lot many transactions abroad, hence took the option to get a new card to avoid any misuse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks