Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2022, 06:46   #6001
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Which credit cards have good offers on Bookmyshow like buy 1 get 1, without silly price caps?
I earlier had the Citibank World debit card, which had this offer, but my relationship with Citibank has ended. So, looking for some credit cards with similar offer, as I am used to that and don't feel like paying the full amount on Bookmyshow
Go for the IDFC wealth or select card. LTF plus good offers in BMS.

Last edited by jayram.r : 1st December 2022 at 06:48. Reason: Correction
Old 1st December 2022, 08:37   #6002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Heavy traveller and spender (company spending) here, THE BEST card, hands down for mileage and redemption is Axis Vistara Infinite.

Benefits are,

1) one free business class ticket (domestic)

2) straight upgrade to Gold tier

3) best spend to miles ratio.

In one year, I have taken 32 vistara flights so far, average monthly spend is around 50-75k. I have now 40k airmiles. A return flight from Maa to Bom on miles is 9k points on economy.

Aside from this you get the usual, unlimited lounge access (you get the business class lounge and not the regular lounges in Del, Bom and Blr.... The regular lounges are so crowded that it's not even worth spending time in it), porter service (both on amex platinum and this card never once used it, maybe I should) etc etc.

If you travel, and use / redeem airmiles this is THE card for you right now in India.
You seem to have mixed up a lot of things in this.

1. Axis Vistara Infinite Spends to Miles Ratio is far from best. VI gets you 6 CV Points per Rs. 200 Vs. Magnus gets you 9.6 Miles (Transferable to 9 different FFPs) per Rs. 200 spends. VI does not have any additional rewards on Axis Reward Multiplier links like Grabdeals, Gift Edge Portal and Travel Edge Portal.
2. Axis Vistara Infinite ties you down to a single Frequent Flyer Program. Magnus gets you 9 different FFPs through which you can book more than75 different airlines across the globe
3. All cards now get access to the same lounge on BOM Airport regardless of the class of travel - Adani Lounge. The earlier TFS / MALS lounges are being closed down.
4. Vistara Infinite does not have Complimentary Porter Service as a feature of the card. That's on Axis Magnus. Amex Platinum has stopped the Meet & Greet, it anyhow was applicable at Delhi Domestic and with a lot of T&Cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Honestly for 2 Dom and 2 intnl flights, the ROI on an infinite card from axis vistara won't be there.

I had / have the Reagalia, Magnus and a Vistara infite, I have stopped using the first two and will be closing my Magnus even.

As a frequent flier (40+ domestic flights a year + 5-6 intnl), the miles alone on this are sufficient.

I earn so many miles on my corporate travel that I right now have the equivalent of 4 free return tickets on the Bom Maa routing, this after redeeming 2 earlier last month and in Sept.

Only challenge is these free tickets on miles are limited so you have to book at least a month in advance.
You should be looking at closing Vistara Infinite instead of Magnus in my opinion.

Just to give you a quick idea on how good Magnus is, the pending bonus points of the past three months are good enough for 8 BOM-MAA Return Economy Tickets. But I would rather use those on International Vacations to fly Business Class with family even if its once it 12-16 months. That creates memories.

I am no frequent business traveler. All the miles & points I earn are by using Credit cards effectively for my day to day spends. Current accumulation is over 400K Miles and this after using up a good chunk for my recent trip to Bali where my business class flights for 3 & 6 Nights Hotel stay were all on Credit Card Points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
That's very interesting! Which of these 2 cards would you recommend for someone like me, who flies internationally at least twice a year, and domestically the same, almost exclusively with Vistara. I would anyday trade priority check-in without wait over lounge access, if that makes any difference! Also, never traveled Business Class ever The usual shopping spending etc. is there as well. Currently using an HDFC Regalia, and Citi Rewards before that, which is now dead.
DM me. Will need to discuss certain specifics and can then recommend.

Last edited by tejas08 : 1st December 2022 at 08:49.
tejas08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 09:39   #6003
Senior - BHPian

A quick question. I'm using the following cards:
- Union Bank Signature (The card is still the old Corporation Bank issued one).
- HDFC Regalia
- SBI
- ICICI Amazon Pay
- RBL Zomato

SBI is a card with a 15K limit which I use when I'm not sure of the place or website. Last 2 cards I haven't used as yet.

Currently the first 2 are used extensively. Is the Axis Magnus a good alternative? What's the eligibility criteria? I am a NRI so some banks don't issue cards.
Old 1st December 2022, 10:23   #6004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Finally, I see some chatter towards Axis cards. Tried talking about it around 3 Months back when Axis added some Airmiles partners on their top-end cards. The card that's on every CC Enthusiast's list is Axis Magnus. Magnus has dislodged the mighty Infinia from the top spot after a few years of dominance.
My card is on the way Couple of questions if you don't mind.
1. The 1L / 25k points scheme, do you know if transactions that we make in currencies other than INR count towards it ?
2. My spend isn't a 1L steady per month. Might do 3L this month and nothing the next. Would that matter ?
Old 1st December 2022, 12:04   #6005
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been playing the credit card points/ airline miles and hotel loyalty game for over a decade now. I do have quite a few credit cards (most are lifetime free which I rarely use unless there is a specific offer). Among the cards I regularly use are:

HDFC Infinia : For almost everything, especially the points for airline tickets.
Axis Magnus : For multiplier offers and the bonus on 1lac spend.
SC Ultimate : For fuel and wallet loading
Amex plat charge : Mostly international use and targeted offers for Taj Vouchers (I got 40K worth Taj Vouchers with this card this year)
IDFC Wealth : LTF card with a nice app interface. Some targeted offers as well.

All the cards other than the Amex are on the Visa Infinite platform and generous limits. Would love to answer and questions regarding these cards.

Thanks

The Credit Card Thread-cards.jpg
robimahanta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 12:08   #6006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfry View Post
Can someone chime in on how long the approximate wait time is for Amex to process a new card application?

I am travelling internationally for a short while and would like to know if the card can be expected to arrive in about a week.
FYI for others applying.

Amex processed the card in a total of 5 days from application to delivery of the card to Hyderabad.
ballfry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 15:29   #6007

Can anyone confirm the floor limit of the card that can be used to apply for Axis Magnus?
Old 1st December 2022, 16:20   #6008

Need some advice. I am not a frequent flier but i do online shopping a lot on amazon or other portals. Have been using HDFC credit cards from more than a decade and currently have Regalia card. Now it's due for a renewal and hdfc portal is showing "6E Rewards XL(Indigo)" as it's upgrade option. Anyone knows about this card? I am not a frequent flier and hence not sure if this upgrade is the right one. I just need a good rewards program and a healthy credit limit(which I already have)
Old 1st December 2022, 16:23   #6009
BHPian

I have been on the verge of applying for either Infinia (already have Regalia) or Magnus for the last couple of months.

Currently, I have the following cards:-
  1. HDFC Regalia (Primary Card)
  2. Amex MRCC (2nd to Regalia, wherever it is accepted)
  3. IDFC First Wealth (Lifetime Free plus DreamFolks membership)
  4. RBL Zomate (Lifetime Free)
  5. Citi IndianOil (Used only for Fuelling)
  6. Citi Rewards (Least used)
  7. SC Super Value (Least used; might even close it).

My average spending on all these cards is around 1L+ per month.

If my primary target is for using points for Hotel bookings (Primary) and Flights (Secondary); which is the better option - Infinia or Magnus?

I don't travel too much by air, so concierge/lounge access/porter service isn't much of a consideration for me; neither do I have much inclination towards Golf or any other such activities. Also, I already have Priority Pass and DreamFolks courtesy of HDFC and IDFC.

What do experienced members here suggest?

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 1st December 2022, 19:44   #6010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashoka_bnglr View Post
Need some advice. I am not a frequent flier but i do online shopping a lot on amazon or other portals. Have been using HDFC credit cards from more than a decade and currently have Regalia card. Now it's due for a renewal and hdfc portal is showing "6E Rewards XL(Indigo)" as it's upgrade option. Anyone knows about this card? I am not a frequent flier and hence not sure if this upgrade is the right one. I just need a good rewards program and a healthy credit limit(which I already have)
DCB (Diners Club Black) used to be the next step after Regalia and then DCB to Infinia. If you meet the base criteria for Infinia, ask for upgrade to Infinia directly. There were devaluations of DCB so I don't know if it makes much sense to go to DCB (depending upon other cards that you hold). Do not go for Indigo card.
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 20:39   #6011
BHPian

HDFC Bank has placed further restrictions on reward points earn and redemption -
https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/service-communication

Sad to see it go this way.
dhruvwali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 22:30   #6012
BHPian

Yeah, just got the same notification for my Infinia. Not a big nuisance but merely another step in the slippery slope of devaluation.

Thinking of getting the Magnus now as a primary card. Does it still have the 8x airport transfers?
lordtottuu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 11:15   #6013
BHPian

There goes my regalia

a cap on points redmeption on flight tickets
just kills this card for me

i wonder which card i should shift to
any advice please would be greatly appreciated
considering i use my points ONLY to redeem flight tickets when
i travel with family
Yearly vacation

P.S im not a flyer
except for the yearly family vacation ( mostly Not in india though )
Old 2nd December 2022, 12:01   #6014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
HDFC Bank has placed further restrictions on reward points earn and redemption -
https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/service-communication

Sad to see it go this way.
HDFC has been going downward monotonically. The service for bank and cards have all gone downhill in the last few years. I would desist from using the bank unless they mend their customer relationship.
Old 2nd December 2022, 22:01   #6015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post

HDFC Infinia : For almost everything, especially the points for airline tickets.
Axis Magnus : For multiplier offers and the bonus on 1lac spend.
SC Ultimate : For fuel and wallet loading
Amex plat charge : Mostly international use and targeted offers for Taj Vouchers (I got 40K worth Taj Vouchers with this card this year)
IDFC Wealth : LTF card with a nice app interface. Some targeted offers as well.
Interesting use, but why SC ultimate for Fuel, almost all cards have the wavier. Have been thinking of getting a dedicated fuel card like Axis or City for the petrol purchases.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks