Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2021, 11:44   #4501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
This does not seem normal. Why would a EMI purchase include getting a new card you haven't requested for?.
I was surprised too and then realized it is called a loan account number and is a 16 digit card equivalent and i think they do this either for taxation purpose or it could be a lending entity within SCB. It is not a card generated in my name by some agent as i cannot make a payment to it via Amazon pay to this account.
Old 29th May 2021, 11:59   #4502
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

What is Intermiles program? I had made a journey in jet airways long back & was somehow enrolled in Jet miles as far as i can remember. I was getting continuous mails from them but didn't check it. Yesterday while casually browsing i checked out my account and saw that i have 2187 miles in my account in base tier. How can i make the best use of it?
Old 29th May 2021, 13:30   #4503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
What is Intermiles program?
Intermiles is the new name of JetPrivilage frequent flyers program of Jet Airways. When Jet closed it's flying operations, it carved out JetPrivilage as a separate entity and renamed it as Intermiles.
You can refer to it's redemption catalogue and see what you can get from those points ( My guess is that, you can't buy much from 2K odd points).

Currently most of the value of Intermiles Mile is Rs 0.17 to 0.38 (source).
dmplog is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 20:46   #4504
BHPian

which cards still give out points for insurance payments? I think there is some sort of limit on HDFC. and I know both Amex and Citi don't give any points unless they are running a scheme.

Any way around to earn the points and keep on using the cards which don't give direct points?
Old 29th May 2021, 21:25   #4505
BHPian

Quote:
which cards still give out points for insurance payments? I think there is some sort of limit on HDFC. and I know both Amex and Citi don't give any points unless they are running a scheme.

Any way around to earn the points and keep on using the cards which don't give direct points?
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank CC gives 2% cash back on Insurance premium payments.
kavensri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 21:34   #4506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Amazon Pay allows insurance payments, so that can be an option. Load Amazon Pay with any card and use it to make insurance payments.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 29th May 2021 at 21:37.
SilentEngine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 17:34   #4507
BHPian

I applied for a SBI Simply click credit card. I was told in the very 1st call that my credentials were good and salary slip etc won't be needed to issue the card. Good start.

It all went downhill after that. Features aside, so far, SBI's done 7 verification calls. Office and home address, married or not, own house or rented, wife's name, employer's name, how many years experience etc. I thought it'll end at 3 or 4 such calls, and thereafter you want to cooperate because you've already endured so much and come so far. I don't yet know if there will be more such calls.

Yet to come across a financial institution in India that does "everything" online or at least in a single sitting.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 17:48   #4508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
...you've already endured so much and come so far. I don't yet know if there will be more such calls...
Just wait until you encounter their periodic KYC procedures, and god forbid actually ever need customer service urgently.

There's a joke about due diligence in there somewhere, can't quite put my finger on it.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 18:42   #4509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I applied for a SBI Simply click credit card. I was told in the very 1st call that my credentials were good and salary slip etc won't be needed to issue the card. Good start..
You will know the reason why you want a SBI credit card. On a related note, I think the offers from the bank where you have an account, when given from their side, would be better than what you get when you approach the same bank. Would apply for banks where you dont have an account with.

Ex: I looked up credit cards from my bank. But the offer that my relationship manager gave me was better. This is comparing on points like waiver of annual fees, esp. His offer was with waiver for a higher card, than what the bank's website had.
Old 10th June 2021, 21:26   #4510
BHPian

Quote:
It all went downhill after that. Features aside, so far, SBI's done 7 verification calls. Office and home address, married or not, own house or rented, wife's name, employer's name, how many years experience etc. I thought it'll end at 3 or 4 such calls, and thereafter you want to cooperate because you've already endured so much and come so far. I don't yet know if there will be more such calls.

Yet to come across a financial institution in India that does "everything" online or at least in a single sitting.
All eight credit cards I have obtained in India have been without any documentation or visits. Most were applied online and generated instantly via the app without hassle.
Old 11th June 2021, 09:26   #4511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
All eight credit cards I have obtained in India have been without any documentation or visits. Most were applied online and generated instantly via the app without hassle.
Axis bank and ICICI happened without much effort. SBI is a different experience altogether. Which are the 8 that you hold ? Would be nice to make a list of cards that can be had without much effort.
Old 11th June 2021, 11:36   #4512
BHPian

Quote:
Axis bank and ICICI happened without much effort. SBI is a different experience altogether. Which are the 8 that you hold ? Would be nice to make a list of cards that can be had without much effort.
I have used and cancelled lots of cards.

HSBC is one for sure that is easy to apply and get. Free and no annual fee.

So is citibank but it has got min annual spending limit for it to be free.

Got Amazon pay ICICI without any effort due to purchase history and prime membership. This one is too good and is my primary card.
Old 11th June 2021, 11:58   #4513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Got Amazon pay ICICI without any effort due to purchase history and prime membership. This one is too good and is my primary card.
But it's NOT accepted at many a places like for example, 'Google Pay' refuses to accept it as payment mode under CC option.
Old 11th June 2021, 16:03   #4514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
But it's NOT accepted at many a places like for example, 'Google Pay' refuses to accept it as payment mode under CC option.
Is there a ‘ credit card’ option in Google Pay? As far as I know, you can only link UPI enabled bank accounts.

Please correct me if wrong.
Old 11th June 2021, 17:45   #4515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Is there a ‘ credit card’ option in Google Pay? As far as I know, you can only link UPI enabled bank accounts.
They launched Tap & Pay with 1-2 card issuing banks couple of years back (Axis and one more, I think). Today they have 5-6 banks enrolled. But you can enroll only Visa cards - MC and Diners owners are SOL.

I don't even know who accepts Tap & Pay. With the newer NFC-enabled cards I think this feature isn't all that it is hyped to be, either.

Most Viewed