Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2021, 22:02   #4486
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have 3 credit cards at my disposal:
1. Tata SBI Card - 1 point for every 100 Rs spent. This was also my first credit card. Off late have not been using this card as the biggest issue was that I had to utilize the points mostly at Tata franchise to get max benefit.
2. Citibank Fuel Card - My second card, for all fuel purchases. However have not used it since last 1+ year since lockdown as mostly use cash to purchase fuel as now I hardly drive. Have spent less than 7000 Rs in past 1+ year on fuel
3. ICICI Amazon Card - This is the most used card as of date. Since last 1 year I have received close to 3500 Rs as cashback.

All the above cards are lifetime free.
sunbaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 23:18   #4487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
To my amusement bill payment was not processed but amount has been deducted from my account. This has never happened with me in any other platforms (paytm,gpay,amazon etc.). There is a red mark on IAP. What does it signify?
PayZapp can be unreliable sometimes. I have seen few instances when the payment didn’t get processed at the biller’s end. In such cases the transaction becomes 'void' after few days, and the amount gets credited back to your card. If that doesn’t happen, you should raise a complaint.

Red triangle is just indicating that money is going out. You will see an inverted blue triangle when you receive any cashback.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 23:34   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
5% is for prime members for purchases only on Amazon website. Fuel expense isn't 5% cashback.
Attaching screenshot of benefits for your quick reference.
How is reward redemption and cash back crediting done? I have just noticed once cash back balance being adjusted on a purchase.
Old 17th May 2021, 10:59   #4489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
In India there is a strange reluctance on the past of the banks to lend to older people. Many banks seem to have a 60 year limit for credit cards. Can any senior members comment on what happens if you already have some cards and then turn 60? Are they canceled or is that rule just for new applications? In the US, seniors are coveted customers as they are usually more wealthy and more responsible. What is a person supposed to do if they want a card after they reach 60? I have seen some banks having the maximum age at 70 but most mention 60 as the maximum.
As far as I know there is no such rule. I am 70 and the last card I got was Kotak Mahindra 2 years ago. As such none of my cards have "expired" due to age.

What may be the criteria is "financial viability" of the applicant. If you have enough funds (invested or in banks) to satisfy the card issuer, they will give you a card.

As such the banks love to issue cards to those who have an account in their bank (preferably with a fat balance/FD).
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 11:04   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
How is reward redemption and cash back crediting done? I have just noticed once cash back balance being adjusted on a purchase.
You receive rewards in the form of amazon pay balance and you can use amazon pay balance for various services like recharging phone, broadband, etc and even use that balance to buy products from amazon.

I am currently using Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card (lifetime free) and my dad is using Axis Bank Neo Credit Card. I just came across this thread and realised how much more I can save through credit cards.

Currently I am thinking of replacing My Zone CC with ICIC Amazon CC because Axis doesn't really offer any good reward utilisation.
or should I wait for HDFC to start issuing CC again ?
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 11:30   #4491
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
How is reward redemption and cash back crediting done?
The cashback earned is deposited as Amazon Pay balance at the end of each billing cycle. Amazon Pay can be used at a LOT of places: utility (electricity, gas), Amazon itself, others apps such as Dunzo, Swiggy and so on.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 11:49   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
As far as I know there is no such rule. I am 70 and the last card I got was Kotak Mahindra 2 years ago. As such none of my cards have "expired" due to age.

What may be the criteria is "financial viability" of the applicant. If you have enough funds (invested or in banks) to satisfy the card issuer, they will give you a card.

As such the banks love to issue cards to those who have an account in their bank (preferably with a fat balance/FD).
Thank you for the response and recounting first hand experience. Most banks declare an age limit of 60 to 65 on their websites. For example, if you try to apply online for an ICICI credit card, the oldest year that you can select on the drop down menu is 1956 which means 65 years old. Perhaps that is only for fresh applications and if a person already has their card and then crosses the age threshold then it is fine. Of course it is possible that banks make exceptions for certain wealthy clients. I have an uncle who is around 75. Despite having a long standing business and several properties, he no longer gets even car loans from banks and has to purchase his cars under the name of his son.

Last edited by Lobogris : 17th May 2021 at 11:51.
Old 17th May 2021, 19:53   #4493
AZT
BHPian

Just realised Amex missed out massively by not being accepted at many major hospitals and probably all smaller ones. Had gone for a physio session at a big hospital in my area and they didn't accept Amex, they never have.

With people racking up huge bills and using their cards, those 3.5% MDR rates have come to bite Amex in the back.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 00:08   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Quick question - is it possible to "lend" one of our credit cards for the usage of parents by just changing mobile number to theirs.
My kids and wife do carry my cards and have used them successfully in stores for many years now. For online transactions, If you use verified by visa (axis card), then your pin is always static and does not need a sms for 2 factor authentication.
Old 18th May 2021, 09:29   #4495
BHPian

I have a query related to HDFC CC.
I had ordered Amazon Pay and Flipkart gift cards from https://www.gyftr.com/hdfcsmartbuy/ by making the payment using my HDFC DB CC.
It has been more than 9 days since I brought Amazon Pay Gift card, but I am yet to see those extra (remaining 9x) reward points.
Any idea when will the extra reward points be credited to my account?
Old 18th May 2021, 09:54   #4496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I have a query related to HDFC CC.
I had ordered Amazon Pay and Flipkart gift cards from https://www.gyftr.com/hdfcsmartbuy/ by making the payment using my HDFC DB CC.
It has been more than 9 days since I brought Amazon Pay Gift card, but I am yet to see those extra (remaining 9x) reward points.
Any idea when will the extra reward points be credited to my account?
I think they'll show up as bonus points after 90 days.
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 17:51   #4497
BHPian

Any SBI Prime card users here? Is there any added advantage of this card over other cards that i am missing out on apart from trident & club vistara membership? I use it for casual online purchases & insurance renewals. Somehow i am not able to justify it's annual fees of 2999.
Old 20th May 2021, 21:08   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Any SBI Prime card users here? Is there any added advantage of this card over other cards that i am missing out on apart from trident & club vistara membership? I use it for casual online purchases & insurance renewals. Somehow i am not able to justify it's annual fees of 2999.
Yes, few important benefits:
1. Domestic lounge access for free up to 8 times a year.
2. Priority membership and 4 free international lounge access per year.
3. Rs.1000 pizza hut vouchers for 50k spent every quarter.
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 10:36   #4499
BHPian

I made an EMI purchase on my SCB card a few months back which has given me headaches now. Need some clarity. Apparently the EMI generates a new Manhattan card that is debited with the EMI amount each month. For the past two months i paid into the Manhattan card separately, whatever was the monthly due. However this month the money i paid into my normal CC account, part of it was moved to the Manhattan account automatically even though i had also paid the Manhattan due separately. As a consequence, i see a due on my normal CC and a credit on my Manhattan account but NETT i dont see any due. Not sure if i should now pay again the due into my normal CC account as it shows a balance is due.
Old 21st May 2021, 11:15   #4500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Need some clarity. Apparently the EMI generates a new Manhattan card that is debited with the EMI amount each month.
This does not seem normal. Why would a EMI purchase include getting a new card you haven't requested for? Either the card you hold offers EMI or it doesn't. If it does, you shouldn't be saddled with a new card to facilitate that EMI purchase.

I am not a SCB card user so wouldn't know if that is the way SCB EMI's work; but seems unlikely. It seems like a scheme where the agent was trying to meet his quota of new card sales.

I would have a word with SCB customer service to clarify the charges and close the Manhattan card (if that's what you want). At least get a timeline of EMI charges paid so far and clarification on which account they will be charged hence forth.

Last edited by click : 21st May 2021 at 11:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks