Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2020, 22:28   #3736
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi,

When you buy things on Amazon/Flipkart from Smartbuy using HDFC cards, how do you come to know that the reward points have been accrued correctly? Does the point accrual occur immediately after the transaction? I recently bought something from the Amazon website after being redirected from Smartbuy's portal but my points have not been updated. I am wondering if I did the transaction in the correct manner. I received an email from Amazon about the details of the order but there was no mention of 'Smartbuy' in that email. I have also not received an email from Smartbuy about this transaction.
Hey

Amazon and FK HDFC smartbuy points are credited after 3 months of the calendar month of the spend.

Meaning if you spend 20k in Jan 2020 you will get the points in may 2020 (after feb-mar-apr). Sometimes you get it earlier too but rarely.

Also in my experience I've ALWAYS gotten the correct amount of points though there can be delays at their end. Like due to covid I didn't get points in April/may 2020 and am now getting it slowly in June and will get rest in july. (June points I got on time).
dhruvwali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 23:01   #3737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi,
I am wondering if I did the transaction in the correct manner. I received an email from Amazon about the details of the order but there was no mention of 'Smartbuy' in that email. I have also not received an email from Smartbuy about this transaction.
The system is pretty opaque from a customer's view point. So very hard to match your transactions to the points accrued.
But whenever I buy from Amazon (via Smartbuy), I get an acknowledgement email from Amazon confirming that the purchase was processed through Smartbuy. This acknowledgement is not instantaneous but comes within two-three days of placing the order.
From your post, it seems that you haven't received this acknowledgement. So there is a high probability of your transaction not accruing Smartbuy benefits. Maybe call Smartbuy call center and ask them directly. I have reached out to them twice and they are much-much better than the pathetic HDFC online banking customer care.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 17:43   #3738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Hey

Amazon and FK HDFC smartbuy points are credited after 3 months of the calendar month of the spend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
This acknowledgement is not instantaneous but comes within two-three days of placing the order.
Thanks for your help! I did get an email from Amazon that the order was completed through Smartbuy. I got this confirmation email couple of days after placing the order on Amazon.
Saanil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 03:22   #3739
BHPian

Hello Guys,
I was contacted by Amex team to upgrade my card from Rewards to Platinum Travel today. I have given the documents and I replied OK to the confirmation mail which we receive from Amex. I didn't read the terms and conditions clearly as I was on office call. It says the yearly fee can't be waived off regardless of how much I spend yearly. Is this card better than my rewards card as I don't see any such benefits apart from some travel benefits which I anyways don't do much. If this is not better then is there any way I can return this and continue using my old card.
Old 30th June 2020, 11:09   #3740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hello Guys,
I was contacted by Amex team to upgrade my card from Rewards to Platinum Travel today. I have given the documents and I replied OK to the confirmation mail which we receive from Amex. I didn't read the terms and conditions clearly as I was on office call. It says the yearly fee can't be waived off regardless of how much I spend yearly. Is this card better than my rewards card as I don't see any such benefits apart from some travel benefits which I anyways don't do much. If this is not better then is there any way I can return this and continue using my old card.
Even I have been taken in by sales talk and agreed for a card which I later learnt has an annual fee. In such case I promptly contact the issuer and tell them that I do not want the card.

Yes most cards issued today have an annual fee. AMEX Travel card is good only if you use the benefits, otherwise it is just another card.

You can contact the AMEX helpline and explain to them that you do not need a card with annual fee. Most of the time they accommodate and will cancel your new card.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 13:06   #3741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I use net banking for paying credit card bills. If the card is issued by bank and you have an account, then it is simply a case of registering the card online and paying through the online banking.

For AMEX they give you the account number (mostly Standard Chartered) and you NEFT the amount from your bank.
Cross quoting from another thread. Has anyone successfully setup NEFT for Amex card payment?

My savings account is with standard chartered bank. When I add Amex account as another standard chartered account, I get an invalid account error and if I try to add as another bank account payee, it throws invalid IFSC error, since technically it is not another bank. Thought of asking here before calling the customer care.
Old 30th June 2020, 15:47   #3742
BHPian

I am trying to close my credit cards, but most bank customer cares are treating it like a non essential request - any advise how to go about them under current circumstances?
Old 30th June 2020, 17:29   #3743
BHPian

Looks like diners black and imperia cards now get only 5X for spends on amazon and flipkart?

I saw this on smartbuy, but on diners HDFC card page, it shows 10x.
Old 30th June 2020, 18:14   #3744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I am trying to close my credit cards, but most bank customer cares are treating it like a non essential request - any advise how to go about them under current circumstances?
Why do you want to close the cards? If free, just let them be and if paid, send a mail and do not pay up when it is time for renewal. And if you are worried about accidental use, there would be option to hotlist the card.
Old 30th June 2020, 18:43   #3745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Cross quoting from another thread. Has anyone successfully setup NEFT for Amex card payment?

Yes, works fine from Citibank and HDFC Bank.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 20:12   #3746
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone successfully setup NEFT for Amex card payment?
I'm paying regularly AMEX dues from my Bank of Baroda account through NEFT.
Old 1st July 2020, 10:55   #3747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My savings account is with standard chartered bank. When I add Amex account as another standard chartered account, I get an invalid account error and if I try to add as another bank account payee, it throws invalid IFSC error, since technically it is not another bank. Thought of asking here before calling the customer care.
I got the Stanchart account for my AMEX from them. This is what they sent, I set up NEFT and now regularly pay.

Make sure to fill-in the following details while registering your Card as a Payee
  • Payee Name : American Express
  • Payee Account No. : 37XXXXXXXXXXXXX (XX represents the last 13 digits of your Card number)
  • Bank Name : Standard Chartered Bank
  • Payee Account Type : Current
  • IFSC Code : SCBL0036020
  • Branch Address : Standard Chartered Bank, Narain Manzil, 23 Barakhamba Road, New Delhi – 110001
Please Note: In case you are making a payment via Standard Chartered Online Banking the IFSC Code is not required. You may simply select the option ‘Transfer to another SCB bank account’ to process the payment.

Simply initiate your funds transfer before 03:00 p.m. on weekdays and 10 a.m on Saturdays for next day credit to your American Express Card (excluding Sunday and public holidays)*. Also make sure to put in the correct Card number to avoid a transaction failure.

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st July 2020 at 11:02. Reason: Bold fonts removed, formatted
Old 1st July 2020, 14:55   #3748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I got the Stanchart account for my AMEX from them. This is what they sent, I set up NEFT and now regularly pay.

Please Note: In case you are making a payment via Standard Chartered Online Banking the IFSC Code is not required. You may simply select the option ‘Transfer to another SCB bank account’ to process the payment.
This is what I am not able to do. When I choose another SCB bank account option, it says invalid account number. Looks like I will have to contact standard chartered customer care.
Old 1st July 2020, 16:51   #3749
Senior - BHPian

Guys, am in a bit of a fix.
Recently booked a laptop from Dell Website.
Opted for EMI through ICICI bank credit card. I am sure that I did opt for EMI option while on the final transaction page. But somehow, the whole amount did get debited from my Credit Card limit. What if the EMI starts from next month ? How do I address this ? Am OK if the payment is made in full but EMI should not start.
Old 1st July 2020, 16:56   #3750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Guys, am in a bit of a fix.
Recently booked a laptop from Dell Website.
Opted for EMI through ICICI bank credit card. I am sure that I did opt for EMI option while on the final transaction page. But somehow, the whole amount did get debited from my Credit Card limit. What if the EMI starts from next month ? How do I address this ? Am OK if the payment is made in full but EMI should not start.
They will block the entire amount, and it will be released as and how you pay the EMI's
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks