Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2020, 15:09   #3601
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
General question about Cred. I always do the payment in one transaction. Did a 50 k payment yesterday and got 4 kill the bill (30k coins burn, 10 k, 5k, 1k). Would I have gotten more if I pay the bill splitting it. How many parts can you split it maximum.
You will get maximum 5 Kill the bill reward in a month on one unique card, so i always pay 1000 * 5, and rest in one shot payment.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 15:31   #3602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
How to make easy points on Amex MRCC
Use Amex MRCC card for NPS Payments. I do four investments of 1000 Rs. each in NPS (National Pension Scheme) every month. Surely there is a nominal charge for making investments through credit card. This charge is 1.6% including taxes. Hence, for every 1000 Rs. invested, the cardholder must pay a charge of 10.6 Rs.
Apart from NPS, are there any other investment instruments that allow us to pay via CC or load money into some wallet via CC and then pay?

EDIT: Looks like I can buy gold via Paytm using my wallet. Anything else?

Last edited by prateekm : 31st March 2020 at 15:41.
prateekm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 15:40   #3603
BANNED

Our nephew broke his card, it is from a 'sarkari' bank. How does he get it back? The nearest branch is about 4km away, and with the lockdown it is not recommended.
Old 31st March 2020, 16:03   #3604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Our nephew broke his card, it is from a 'sarkari' bank. How does he get it back? The nearest branch is about 4km away, and with the lockdown it is not recommended.
If sarkari bank then he needs to visit the bank in person. Else, if he has contacts in the bank then they might help
Old 31st March 2020, 17:06   #3605
BHPian

Quote:
If it is SBI debit card, you can request online and delivery is by registered post/ courier only. You cannot get a card from the branch and that's what I was told when my debit card expired recently.
Old 31st March 2020, 17:12   #3606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
General question about Cred. I always do the payment in one transaction. Did a 50 k payment yesterday and got 4 kill the bill (30k coins burn, 10 k, 5k, 1k). Would I have gotten more if I pay the bill splitting it. How many parts can you split it maximum.
You will get kill the bill rewards for Maximum 5 transactions per card per month. I would advise you to split the bill into 5 parts of >1000Rs and pay to get maximum cashback.

Another post recommended to pay 5x1000 and remaining in one go but this method does not give you maximum cashback.

For instance, if your bill is 30k, pay in 5 instalments of 6k each so that each time you'll get two mystery rewards (5k + 1k) and totally 10 cards. Usually the cashback is higher for higher coin burn.
Usually I get 7-11Rs for 1000 coins, 25-50Rs for 5000 coins, 70-90Rs for 10k coins and 150-400Rs for 25k coins.
nagr22 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 19:06   #3607
Team-BHP Support

Cred- can someone share views and the advantage? And how do they earn? Is it safe?

In case its already here, can someone share the relevant post?
Old 31st March 2020, 19:57   #3608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Cred- can someone share views and the advantage? And how do they earn? Is it safe?

In case its already here, can someone share the relevant post?
I read that post many pages back and there were some privacy concerns which were flagged off.
Old 31st March 2020, 20:15   #3609
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I read that post many pages back and there were some privacy concerns which were flagged off.
The only privacy concern I see is if you activate something called smart statement. This allows the app to download your card statements and generate the amount to be paid. I am assuming the spend data is anonymized and shared with third parties.

I personally have not allowed access to my statements and enter the amount to be paid manually, don't see any privacy concern with that. Others please add your opinion if there is any other privacy concern I am missing.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 20:31   #3610
Team-BHP Support

And regarding safety, if the payments are not acknowledged for any reasons, do they have an intermediary account and then do transfers ? What’s the technology and who gains?

I downloaded and got a free credit report, different than CiBil. Most green dots and one red- must be for some inadvertent missed payment. None of the recent queries made on CIBIL reflect here, only the loan/ credit accounts. Does anyone even consider this report?
Old 31st March 2020, 20:35   #3611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After the lockdown is over, he can get the physical card. I don't think during the lockdown period he will be able to procure a new card. :(

He can still proceed with the online payments.
In-case he need the card physically, only there he will face the problem, but in most cases where a credit/debit card is accepted, they accept app based payments too.

Last edited by Samba : 31st March 2020 at 20:42.
Old 5th April 2020, 11:39   #3612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Apart from NPS, are there any other investment instruments that allow us to pay via CC or load money into some wallet via CC and then pay?

EDIT: Looks like I can buy gold via Paytm using my wallet. Anything else?
I use it to recharge both my PayTM and Amazon Pay wallets. I think I also used it to recharge other wallets at one point, such as Airtel. This approach is a lot better than NPS as you don't even have to pay any transaction charges.
Old 5th April 2020, 11:44   #3613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
How to make easy points on Amex MRCC
Use Amex MRCC card for NPS Payments. I do four investments of 1000 Rs. each in NPS (National Pension Scheme) every month. Surely there is a nominal charge for making investments through credit card. This charge is 1.6% including taxes. Hence, for every 1000 Rs. invested, the cardholder must pay a charge of 10.6 Rs.

10.6 Rs. per transaction x 4 Transactions per month x 12 months = 508.8 Rs.
Just a clarification, 1.6% on 1000 is Rs.16 not Rs.10.6. Good to know that there is this option, but using wallet recharges is better because you don't end up paying Rs.64 every month (or Rs.768/year), unless of course you don't have enough transactions happening through wallets.
haridsv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 12:58   #3614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haridsv View Post
Just a clarification, 1.6% on 1000 is Rs.16 not Rs.10.6. Good to know that there is this option, but using wallet recharges is better because you don't end up paying Rs.64 every month (or Rs.768/year), unless of course you don't have enough transactions happening through wallets.
Thanks for pointing out the mistake. Although the mistake is not in the amount but in the percentage. It is 1.06% (0.9% + GST).

Coming to the option of waller recharges, here's my take.

NPS - Investment Category
Wallet Recharge - Spend Category

Almost all salaried guys are investing in NPS to save on tax. So, just route the investment through MRCC. Now if we mathematically look at spends, the spends is just 509 Rs and the gains are 12960 Points. Part or full of this 509 Rs is received back thru CRED rewards.

As for wallet recharges, get another card which gives reward points on wallet recharges (for spends). I do it using SCB Ultimate which gives me flat 3.3% Reward Rate on any kind of spends (including wallet recharges).

I also added the Gold Charge Card to my collection and now look at making 25K+ Points yearly between MRCC and Gold Charge card which will get me minimum 9000 Rs in Statement credit or upto 14,000 Rs as Taj Vouchers.

Basically, I have increased my reward rate in this way.

Rest it is upto the invidiual to decide the best strategy.
Old 5th April 2020, 18:30   #3615
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
And regarding safety, if the payments are not acknowledged for any reasons, do they have an intermediary account and then do transfers ? What’s the technology and who gains?

I downloaded and got a free credit report, different than CiBil. Most green dots and one red- must be for some inadvertent missed payment. None of the recent queries made on CIBIL reflect here, only the loan/ credit accounts. Does anyone even consider this report?
Regarding safety, if transaction does not go through amount should be refunded to the account it came from. I have not had a payment failure yet though. I am not sure what you mean regarding the credit report, is this Experian score or something else. Afaik, Cibil is the one referred to by banks and agencies so that's most important.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks