Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2021, 09:26   #4336
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I'm trying to redeem my Std Chartered points for vouchers, site says I don't have enough points even though I have. How do I get this done ?
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:10   #4337
BHPian

I upgraded my HDFC Regalia First card to Millenia card. I was told that the rewards point value will be same after upgradation. But now i can see that reward points value has decreased considerably. Anyone else facing the same issue?
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:46   #4338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
I upgraded my HDFC Regalia First card to Millenia card. I was told that the rewards point value will be same after upgradation. But now i can see that reward points value has decreased considerably. Anyone else facing the same issue?
The monetary value of the Points remain the same. So check in that respect.

Value of One Reward Points on Regalia First is around 0.3 Re. and that for Millenia is 1 Re. if I remember correctly.
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:00   #4339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
The monetary value of the Points remain the same. So check in that respect.

Value of One Reward Points on Regalia First is around 0.3 Re. and that for Millenia is 1 Re. if I remember correctly.
Yes i do understand this part. The reward point has reduced to 1/3rd approx. But what i meant was earlier i was getting approx 2k worth GC & similar priced items with my accumulated points. But now after converting i am getting 1k worth GC & items. On the flip side the monetary worth is same as earlier.
Old 23rd April 2021, 23:11   #4340
BHPian

Does 'ICICI Amazon Pay' card waive 'fuel surcharge' at all outlets?
Old 23rd April 2021, 23:35   #4341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Does 'ICICI Amazon Pay' card waive 'fuel surcharge' at all outlets?
Yes but only if the POS machine is ICICI machine - just like it is for every other card/company.
Old 23rd April 2021, 23:40   #4342
BHPian

Any one used CRED app for paying credit card bills?
Any definite benefits for first time use ?
Old 24th April 2021, 07:31   #4343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
I use CRED, apart from some small cashbacks and a UI to keep track of all your cards, there are no real benefits of the app.
One that might at be helpful is that by spending 1000 CRED coins, you can refresh your credit score from different companies.

The stuff they provide is more often than not useless, sand the companies often provide the stuff on a similar price
lancia_fanboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 09:03   #4344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
This is a frequent topic of discussion in some groups I am member of (alumni groups). I personally am not a subscriber of their service, and my information is purely from (a) these discussions, and (b) The Ken's extensive coverage of Cred's business. My understanding is that Cred is a solution in search of a problem.

* They give out generous amounts of "Cred Coins" which have very little utility. Even the in-app store is disappointing. People are sitting on millions of these coins with no way to spend them.

* They require complete access to your email account to function properly, which has obvious privacy implications.

* If you assume their current operations is not worth their valuations, then what investors are counting on seems to be the data they are amassing. Data on the spending habits of people with high credit ratings. The usual way to monetise such data is to sell it/access to it.

They have a $2 billion valuation on revenue of $72K (FY2019-20). That in itself says something.
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 09:16   #4345
BHPian

First it was HDFC and now it is Amex and Diners.

RBI Restricts American Express, Diners Club From Enrolling New Customers From May 1

https://www.ndtv.com/business/rbi-re...nwards-2420540
Old 24th April 2021, 09:43   #4346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancia_fanboy View Post
The stuff they provide is more often than not useless, sand the companies often provide the stuff on a similar price
I have the same feedback. However, the only advantage I see is that I have a common place to pay all my credit card bills. That's still solving a problem. Just don't expect a while lot more.
Old 24th April 2021, 11:12   #4347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I have the same feedback. However, the only advantage I see is that I have a common place to pay all my credit card bills. That's still solving a problem. Just don't expect a while lot more.
It is best to step back a bit and do your own financial planning. Software like CRED are fine as long as they work but there is always the specter of the data leaking and hostile attack as they want access to your e-mail and card data.

As far as I am concerned I have the following system in place for the last 20 years

1. Enroll for online card management. Every card has one for managing the card.

2. Regularly check the spends posted against each card.

3. Create a worksheet where you input the card due date and amount, every month.

To this sheet I also add all the utility bills - Electricity, Water, Gas, Phone etc.

Now I know when and how much to pay, and do so religiously every month.

Yes I agree that it is much easier to get all the payments automatically, but I prefer to do so myself, as I have seen enough snafu and horror stories (huge amounts deducted by mistake, which take ages to refund) to be wary of software drive solutions.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 13:46   #4348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

* They require complete access to your email account to function properly, which has obvious privacy implications.
This is optional. Haven't activated it.

Been using them for payments to multiple cards. Benefit is the trail for all my payments is available at one place, even if I debit it to different accounts at different times.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 14:38   #4349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
It is best to step back a bit and do your own financial planning. Software like CRED are fine as long as they work but there is always the specter of the data leaking and hostile attack as they want access to your e-mail and card data.
Agreed about data theft and other possibilities using our data. That's exactly why I have not enabled any features that reads my emails and does things.

And I still find it useful as I collates all my cards in one place. I am not saying what you do is right or wrong. Just that all of us have different ways of tracking things. I still look at each of my statements every month to make sure that the charges are correct. Those are basic principles to follow when you have a credit card anyway.

But once I determine that the charges are good, I just need the easiest way to make the payment. And that happens to be cred in my case.
Old 24th April 2021, 14:50   #4350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancia_fanboy View Post
I use CRED, apart from some small cashbacks and a UI to keep track of all your cards, there are no real benefits of the app.
One that might at be helpful is that by spending 1000 CRED coins, you can refresh your credit score from different companies.
I have a big CC bill to pay this month so thought if I can get some cash back.
But now it is clear that it not that worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
* They give out generous amounts of "Cred Coins" which have very little utility. Even the in-app store is disappointing. People are sitting on millions of these coins with no way to spend them.

* If you assume their current operations is not worth their valuations, then what investors are counting on seems to be the data they are amassing. Data on the spending habits of people with high credit ratings. The usual way to monetise such data is to sell it/access to it.

They have a $2 billion valuation on revenue of $72K (FY2019-20). That in itself says something.
I certainly do not want to give it access of my email, I will give this app a pass.
Thanks.
INJAXN is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks