Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2021, 10:18   #4321
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have Premier Miles card with God knows how many miles. Wonder who will pick up the tab for Citi. Maybe someone like Axis or Indus Ind?
Old 16th April 2021, 10:33   #4322
BHPian

The whole transition will take time, but for my personal use, I don't think there is any card comparable to Citibank Prestige or even for that matter premier miles.

Prestige service in my experience is even better than Amex platinum when it comes to travel. But even more important is their points to miles conversion which is 1:4... no other card offers this. The only way to earn more points is when one spends in the 10x categories for HDFC. And if you have decent spend on prestige, one can get couple of business class tickets every year out of it. Even with watered down benefits from previous years, they still had good enough benefits to keep the card. Also the points never expired.

Hopefully this will take at-least a year to pan out, which gives enough time for other banks to capture the existing clientele of prestige customers.
Old 16th April 2021, 12:12   #4323
BHPian

I recently got the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card and made a few purchases. When do I get the cashback? I cannot see the Reward Points from the website or the iMobile app. In the iMobile app, there is a `Reward points` section and next to it is a reload button, I click on it and I get an alert "Sorry, We are unable to connect system". Do I need to wait until the next billing cycle to redeem points?
Old 16th April 2021, 12:16   #4324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
I recently got the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card and made a few purchases. When do I get the cashback? I cannot see the Reward Points from the website or the iMobile app. In the iMobile app, there is a `Reward points` section and next to it is a reload button, I click on it and I get an alert "Sorry, We are unable to connect system". Do I need to wait until the next billing cycle to redeem points?
At the end of each billing cycle, I get the points in the form of Amazon Pay credit. They are very prompt. Cashback also, is usually credited in the form of Amazon Pay credit, please check your Amazon Pay history, it might show up there
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 22:42   #4325
AZT
BHPian

Got this message from AMEX today, I’m guessing this means for a single transaction of 5000 and not collective value. Either way with Paytm wallet load charges and low offline acceptance this card has gone bottom of the rung for me and may be the first one to be chopped if I can’t meet the spend criteria.

The Credit Card Thread-8e6b993e05bc4c10b5e6e1c0adcb0434.jpeg
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 10:31   #4326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Got this message from AMEX today, I’m guessing this means for a single transaction of 5000 and not collective value.
The latter part of the message states that transactions below 5000 would not be charged.

There are other cards too which have such per transaction limits of between 400-5000 which are eligible for waiver of the fuel surcharge.

For the AMEX MRCC, they had also revised the threshold for bonus points to 4 transactions per month of 1500 instead of 1000 earlier.

The trend of recent past indicates that the credit card issuers are trying to influence customers towards specific ticket sizes for better profitability.
Old 19th April 2021, 11:56   #4327
Senior - BHPian

So it happened yesterday. Between 10:50 PM and 11:05 PM my Citi Rewards card was used 5 times on apple.com for a total of Rs. 2320 without my knowledge or authorisation.

I immediately locked the card using Citi's mobile app's card management feature. Then fired up my laptop and followed the link in the SMS ("Not you? Click here") to dispute these transactions. Asked them to block the card and issue me a new one at the same time.

Locked my second card with them also, for good measure.

This morning there were a few more SMS from Citi that further attempts to use the card were declined.

The card number, expiry and CVV2 were all available to the fraudster, whoever it was. Which means the leak must have been from an online portal. All, be careful. My suspect is the Mobikwik incident that seems to have been erased from our collective memories.
Old 19th April 2021, 12:39   #4328
BHPian

Citi bank to exit India

American banking major Citibank on Thursday said that it will exit from the high visibility consumer banking business in 13 countries, including India.

Quote:
Citigroup, which has been operational in India since 1902, did not explain what will happen to its existing business in these countries. Some media reports, however, are speculating the bank will look to sell its consumer business, including the lucrative credit card segment.

A Citibank official said that the bank is only exiting the consumer business in India and not closing it down. He said that the lender will continue to focus on the wholesale business in India and will continue to scale it up.
Will there be any impact on its credit card business in India?

The bank said that the credit card business will function normally, with zero impact on customers. However, once the sale is done, the customer can make a choice whether to continue with the new owner or close the account.
Source:

https://www.livemint.com/companies/n...510928707.html

https://qz.com/india/1997523/citiban...-credit-cards/

https://www.cnbctv18.com/personal-fi...es-8952311.htm
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 12:44   #4329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

This morning there were a few more SMS from Citi that further attempts to use the card were declined.

The card number, expiry and CVV2 were all available to the fraudster, whoever it was. Which means the leak must have been from an online portal. All, be careful. My suspect is the Mobikwik incident that seems to have been erased from our collective memories.
I had similar experience last week. I saw transactions worth 1 lakh INR on my Citi card when I woke up in the morning. Immediately called customer care and reported this. Even after card was cancelled I received another SMS that transaction of around 1000GBP was attempted the next day.

PS: Coincidentally I was reading about 'carders' and how they operate on the very night on a different forum and these transactions happened couple of hours after that!
Old 19th April 2021, 23:55   #4330
BHPian

Re: Citi bank to exit India

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
American banking major Citibank on Thursday said that it will exit from the high visibility consumer banking business in 13 countries, including India
Not a good news, considering I am loyal City Bank customer from the past 12 years.

Rumours have it that the SBI cards division will take over the credit card business.

I hope they don't end up devaluing the points, as the customer support from SBI is supposed to be quiet rubbish
Old 21st April 2021, 08:27   #4331
BHPian

Hello,

Is the AMEX platinum card worth it?

I have been offered a upgrade from my current membership rewards card from the same vendor (Amex).
Old 21st April 2021, 11:26   #4332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Hello,

I have been offered a upgrade from my current membership rewards card from the same vendor (Amex).
I too am being offered the upgrade. I decided not to go ahead since the rewards like a taj voucher or lounge access, etc are of not much use this year.
Old 21st April 2021, 11:59   #4333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
So it happened yesterday. Between 10:50 PM and 11:05 PM my Citi Rewards card was used 5 times on apple.com for a total of Rs. 2320 without my knowledge or authorisation.

I immediately locked the card using Citi's mobile app's card management feature. Then fired up my laptop and followed the link in the SMS ("Not you? Click here") to dispute these transactions. Asked them to block the card and issue me a new one at the same time.

The amount is small (2320) for an apple product. I had a similar problem a few years back and realised my son had purchased within an app 2 times. I got it reversed after explaining the problem.

Do cross check the same if you have an apple product already. You did the right thing in blocking the card
Old 21st April 2021, 12:05   #4334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
The amount is small (2320) for an apple product.
Didn't say Apple product. Just said "on apple.com". I believe IOS apps' IAPs, iTunes music purchases / various subscriptions - all fall in this category.

There were other transactions to websites in Uruguay etc. But because I locked the card they were all declined (I still got SMS alerts though).

Anyway my replacement card is on the way and Bluedart says they'll deliver it by evening today.
Old 21st April 2021, 14:31   #4335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Hello,

Extracting Value of over the annual fee in the first year is a cakewalk. Its the second year onwards situation which is key. Many credit card enthusiasts decide to use the card for the first year and close it before the annual fee hits for the second year.

The card is best for people who travel regularly or love playing the Airline and Hotel Loyalty game.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks