Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2021, 15:01   #4246
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
The Millenia is not a Diner's Club right? The one I was offered was a Mastercard. I even got a mail about the upgrade offer on the credit card and I don't remember getting one for a previous upgrade ever. Looks like there was a strong push for this card, which as per the bank is targeted towards Millennials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I got it as an offer. I did not request for it. I had assumed that since it is a higher graded card (as per the bank), the benefits will be better. Now I regret losing out on the insurance cover available on Regalia First. Btw, the Millenia card issued to me is a Visa, not Diners.
When the Millennia card was offered to me as an upgrade over my existing Diner's Club Premium, it was mentioned as Diner's Club Millennia in the Netbanking cards option. On not finding it listed on the Diner's club website, it seemed fishy and I opted for the next upgrade offered - Diner's Club Privilege
Old 21st March 2021, 16:45   #4247
BHPian

I am being offered Mastercard Millenia International as an upgrade over my existing HDFC Regalia first card. Is it worth upgrading?
Old 24th March 2021, 00:42   #4248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
I am being offered Mastercard Millenia International as an upgrade over my existing HDFC Regalia first card. Is it worth upgrading?
I don't know about MasterCard Millennia International, but for me upgrade from Regalia First to Millennia Visa Signature is not worth it. As mentioned earlier insurance cover is gone. Sooner or later I will revert to Regalia First or upgrade to Regalia.

I went to the HDFC bank branch last weekend and mentioned my intention to the person dealing with credit cards. He immediately said Regalia First is better than Millennia. I asked him to revert my card but he declined saying it can be done only through call to customer care; the branch do not have that facility.
Old 24th March 2021, 09:44   #4249
BHPian

I have an Infinia but looking to get another credit card for better spend segregation. Primary usage is for daily spends on utilities, groceries, insurance, fuel etc. Had applied for a SC Ultimate card and it is prima facie approved but the application is in the processing stage. Reading more about it what I have gathered is that although reward % is good and is eligible on all spends the redemption options are very limited. Not keen on features like lounge access or golf sessions as I don't use them but will use the reward points on travel spends. Can I get some thoughts from folks here on what other credit card should I go for?
curiosity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 09:49   #4250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Had applied for a SC Ultimate card and it is prima facie approved but the application is in the processing stage. Reading more about it what I have gathered is that although reward % is good and is eligible on all spends the redemption options are very limited. Not keen on features like lounge access or golf sessions as I don't use them but will use the reward points on travel spends.
I have this card with me. The 1st year will be good because you can claim back upto INR 10k of accommodation booking done via Makemytrip. 2nd year, I do not know yet. Cash back is very good, but, what use is that if the credit limits are terrible ? Also customer care is outsourced.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 18:02   #4251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have an Infinia but looking to get another credit card for better spend segregation. Primary usage is for daily spends on utilities, groceries, insurance, fuel etc. Had applied for a SC Ultimate card and it is prima facie approved but the application is in the processing stage. Reading more about it what I have gathered is that although reward % is good and is eligible on all spends the redemption options are very limited. Not keen on features like lounge access or golf sessions as I don't use them but will use the reward points on travel spends. Can I get some thoughts from folks here on what other credit card should I go for?
Amex Platinum Charge.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 20:17   #4252
BHPian

Re: ICICI Amazon CC ?

I am getting multiple calls from ICICI regarding Amazon Co-Branded card. Heard from them that it is life time free. As of now, I do NOT have a single CC with me. All my transactions are done through debit card.

Is fuel surcharge waived off on this card at all outlets? Is this card worth going for? Please advise!
Old 24th March 2021, 20:27   #4253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Amex Platinum Charge.
Thanks for the suggestion. How are the renewal benefits? Are they as good as the first year? I don't tend to change my cards frequently.
Old 24th March 2021, 21:32   #4254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. How are the renewal benefits? Are they as good as the first year? I don't tend to change my cards frequently.
You need to do a bit of haggling on the phone, from what I can remember. Tejas, who is the authority, will have some further information on it.

I get you on not changing - I think the hassle is too much.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 22:36   #4255
BHPian

Quote:
The USP of SCB Ultimate is flat 3.3% reward rate no matter where you use the card. Absolutely no exceptions. The issue with SCB Ultimate is the redemption options. They just keep getting worse. I still have this card in my wallet just because somehow I was able to get the fees waived off for this year. Else I was in the process of closong down this card last month.

If its a backup card to Infinia that you are looking for then you can look at the following options:

1. BOB Eterna
2. Amex Membership Rewards Credit Card
3. ICICI Amazon Pay
4. Citi Rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I have this card with me. The 1st year will be good because you can claim back upto INR 10k of accommodation booking done via Makemytrip. 2nd year, I do not know yet. Cash back is very good, but, what use is that if the credit limits are terrible ? Also customer care is outsourced.
10K MakeMyTrip cashback is gone now. Its replaced with 6000 Reward Points as Welcome Gift.

5000 Reward Points against renewal fee is given too.

Quote:
Amex Platinum Charge Card - Phew!

Thats a big one. So you probably have seen the first year benefit (125K Reward Points or 55K Rs Taj Vouchers). Renewal Benefits are not guaranteed and a lot depends on Amex. If you show Amex that you are keen on keeping the card and can negotiate well, you can get 75K to 100K reward points easily). A friend was offered 120K points during renewal. But that will happen only if you call and ask them. They wont be giving anything on their own.

Rest getting value from Amex Platinum Charge card is a completely different game.
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 22:41   #4256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
You need to do a bit of haggling on the phone, from what I can remember. Tejas, who is the authority, will have some further information on it.

I get you on not changing - I think the hassle is too much.
Aah so first year onwards its negotiation
Yes the hassle and also the whole concept of maximizing benefits by using many cards or changing cards frequently is just not for me today. Maybe at a later date I would get the bandwidth to "game the system"
Old 24th March 2021, 22:48   #4257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

Is fuel surcharge waived off on this card at all outlets? Is this card worth going for? Please advise!
Here is what I see from the Amazon app terms and conditions:
Surcharge Waiver on Fuel transactions: All Transactions made by customers for purchasing Fuel (Petrol, Diesel etc.) will have complete (1%) waiver of Surcharge levied on such transactions. Exclusions: Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) transactions and Gold-Purchases made on Amazon.in using the Card will not be eligible for any rewards. Fuel (petrol, diesel etc.) purchases will be eligible for 1% Surcharge waiver, and will not be applicable for any additional rewards.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 12:35   #4258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am getting multiple calls from ICICI regarding Amazon Co-Branded card. Heard from them that it is life time free. As of now, I do NOT have a single CC with me. All my transactions are done through debit card.

Yes, fuel surcharge is waived off on the ICICI Amazon Pay card. It's also an excellent card to have if you use Amazon a lot. The savings are real!

Question: I have a first-year-free offer on RBL Bank Platinum Plus Bajaj Finance EMI/Credit card (annual fee 999/- waived second year onwards on annual spend of 50K). Have got a lot of positive feedback on this card especially the ease with which electronics/appliances can be purchased. Should I go ahead?
Old 25th March 2021, 13:32   #4259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Yes, fuel surcharge is waived off on the ICICI Amazon Pay card. It's also an excellent card to have if you use Amazon a lot. The savings are real.
I fit the bill to the T and hence have got one recently.

However, what surprised me was that no income proof was sought for or provided.

The credit limit is marginally higher than that of my other card - from SBI; which incidentally was fixed five years ago and remains as yet unchanged.

Not that I need more credit, but what's the usual credit limit offered by Amazon Pay ICICI card, in general?
Old 25th March 2021, 13:57   #4260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
I fit the bill to the T and hence have got one recently.

However, what surprised me was that no income proof was sought for or provided.

The credit limit is marginally higher than that of my other card - from SBI; which incidentally was fixed five years ago and remains as yet unchanged.

Not that I need more credit, but what's the usual credit limit offered by Amazon Pay ICICI card, in general?
They base it on your CBIL Score as the first criteria. As part of you application, they would have fetched the same already.

If you have an existing relation with them then those will be taken into account. Else they will start with a smaller limit which will be raised later for you on offer.

-Sunil
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks