Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2021, 13:28   #4111
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Discontinued my SBI Card Simply Click CC today. Took the ICIC Amazon Pay CC instead. Let's hope the ICICI Amazon CC is truly lifetime free.
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 13:30   #4112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Discontinued my SBI Card Simply Click CC today.
Took the ICIC Amazon Pay CC instead.
Did you discontinue it by visiting the branch or by online means? Could you please guide?

I tried applying for icici amazon co branded credit card but they declined stating no reason. I belive based on my friends circle, they aren't issuing card to self employed professionals but rather preferring salaried employees.
Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 13:34   #4113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Did you discontinue it by visiting the branch or by online means? Could you please guide?

I tried applying for icici amazon co branded credit card but they declined stating no reason. I belive based on my friends circle, they aren't issuing card to self employed professionals but rather preferring salaried employees.
I called the SBI Card Customer Care and put in a request for cancelling my CC. As per the customer care representative, I will received an email acknowledgement confirming the cancellation within 3 working days. I was told to go ahead and destroy my SBI Card.

My ICICI Amazon CC was approved and ready for use within 60 mins. I have a long standing relationship with ICICI Bank (Salary account and fixed deposits). Probably that's the reason why my application was approved so fast.

Last edited by kushagra452 : 9th January 2021 at 13:36.
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 10:26   #4114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Unfortunately I don't have either. In any case it probably requires subscription to one of their packages that includes Netflix, doesn't it?
No, you don't need any special plan. Linking your Netflix account, ensures your Netflix bill is paid along with your mobile/broadband subscription. Sometimes, you get a discount too.
Old 10th January 2021, 10:43   #4115
BHPian

For those who had doubts (including me) if we get cashback on Gold purchases through ICICI Amazon Pay credit card, I did put it to test and have received 1% cashback on Gold purchases, it was an offline store purchase.
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 20:40   #4116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
For those who had doubts (including me) if we get cashback on Gold purchases through ICICI Amazon Pay credit card, I did put it to test and have received 1% cashback on Gold purchases, it was an offline store purchase.
Few years back when I was looking to purchase gold, jeweller told me that they would charge 2% extra if payment was done through credit card. They happily accepted account transfer.
fazayal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:05   #4117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazayal View Post
Few years back when I was looking to purchase gold, jeweller told me that they would charge 2% extra if payment was done through credit card. They happily accepted account transfer.
I'm not much of a gold purchaser; but none of Bhima, Malabar or Tanishq have charged me a rupee over the invoice amount for making the payment with a credit card.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 12:01   #4118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I'm not much of a gold purchaser; but none of Bhima, Malabar or Tanishq have charged me a rupee over the invoice amount for making the payment with a credit card.
Can attest to this with my Tanishq experiences, no surcharge over invoice value.
deovrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 13:01   #4119
Distinguished - BHPian

Normally, tier 1 jewellers don't demand this surcharge any more. I believe the card issuers & tax authorities jointly cracked down on this 'illegal' income stream.
Old 15th January 2021, 13:13   #4120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For any such instance, please ask the ‘Merchant Bank’ and the contact and let them know that you’re ok to pay, but will write to the Merchant Banker about this extra ask.

Pretty soon, you’ll see them try and work options. Some of them get annoyed and irritated too.

Bottom line, no merchant can charge extra. The banks don’t encourage this and I’m a complaint, their PoS machine will be taken away and their records will see a blemish and other banks will not extend their PoS machines to the merchant.
Old 15th January 2021, 13:21   #4121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well this happens in Petrol bunks too as discussed a few pages back. The amount you swipe is the amount displayed on the machine and the SMS which comes to you. However when you check your statement, a varying figure is added to the bill from Rs. 5/- to Rs. 100/-.
Old 15th January 2021, 14:24   #4122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Well this happens in Petrol bunks too as discussed a few pages back. The amount you swipe is the amount displayed on the machine and the SMS which comes to you. However when you check your statement, a varying figure is added to the bill from Rs. 5/- to Rs. 100/-.
Well, fuel surcharge is a known thing and most people carry a card that waives it. It is a fixed 2.5% + 18% GST on top of that.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 14:27   #4123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, fuel surcharge is a known thing and most people carry a card that waives it. It is a fixed 2.5% + 18% GST on top of that.
Agree. Fuel surcharge is acceptable and I'm happy to pay it if my card doesn't have the waiver as a feature, but charging 2.5% on gold purchases which are rarely less than 50K easily) is simply unacceptable.
Old 15th January 2021, 16:19   #4124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
For any such instance, please ask the ‘Merchant Bank’ and the contact and let them know that you’re ok to pay, but will write to the Merchant Banker about this extra ask.

Pretty soon, you’ll see them try and work options. Some of them get annoyed and irritated too.

Bottom line, no merchant can charge extra. The banks don’t encourage this and I’m a complaint, their PoS machine will be taken away and their records will see a blemish and other banks will not extend their PoS machines to the merchant.
Forget normal merchants. Even government agencies charge extra if you pay through credit card. I tried to pay my National Pension Scheme (NPS) contribution online through credit card. There was additional fees for it. I had to do account transfer.
fazayal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 16:28   #4125
BHPian

Quote:
Forget normal merchants. Even government agencies charge extra if you pay through credit card. I tried to pay my National Pension Scheme (NPS) contribution online through credit card. There was additional fees for it. I had to do account transfer.
You are mixing two things there. One is informal and the other one is completely formal and transparent along with additional GST with it.

The NPS example that you just gave - They charge a flat fee + GST for NetBanking too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks